Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

911 Pentagon Video Footage

lliqerty

Welcome to the world of ‘discussion’ according to skyeagle – best avoided if you value your sanity.

Let's just say, reality. To prove that case, where is the evidence that implicates the U.S. government in the 9/11 terrorist attack? And remember, thermite is not an explosive.

However, I don’t see this conclusion necessary, as BR has suggested, for the hijackings to be staged or the phone calls to be faked.

What did BR say about the involvement of nukes in the 9/11 attacks on the WTC buildings? What did he say in regards to a P700 anti-ship missile on the attack on the Pentagon? Do you agree with BR that an anti-ship missile struck the Pentagon?

How about explosives for knocking down the light poles leading up to the Pentagon or an aircraft passing north of the gas station despite evidence the aircraft passed south of the gas station? Do you agree with BR in that regard? What did he mean when he said; "no Boeings" were involved at the Pentagon and Shanksville crash sites? Do you agree with BR that no aircraft struck the Pentagon?

The point is, there are those who intend to cloud the 9/11 attacks with trash.

Edited by skyeagle409

Are we still beating this dead wet dog into the ground ? Its really about time we Locked this thread,We need reality to set in for a few of these peeps ! IMO

You said that the cell phone calls were "unlikely," yet they occurred.

Skyeagle let us stop with this please I already have confirmed numerous times that cell phone calls were made I never once disputed that fact you are taking the unlikely quote out of context even after I explained it to you I don't understand why you keep pushing this point. I already explained it to you I will not continue to do so if by now you refuse to read it and see it in that light so be it. We will just have to agree to disagree.

I was at 5500 feet, cruising at 142 knots between San Francisco and Sacramento and an Eastern heading. The calls lasted as long as it took me to tell the callers I was airborne and that I would call back later.

Thank you for at least finally answering part of my question, I would love to know what year this call took place and I can understand why your call did not last long because of you are concentrating on flying at the time even though it would be tempting to prove a point I will just leave it at that.

It doesn't take a minute for a person to tell another person that his or her aircraft is being hijacked by terrorist.

My issue with this entire conversation between you and I was in regards to how cell phones worked back in 2001. Cell phone calls were made on 9/11 but you made it seem like it was a common thing to get a cell phone to connect like in 2012. That is why we are at odd ends with each other in regards to this topic. We both agree that cell phone calls were made but what we cannot agree on is the technical aspect of the discussion.

So, we now know from the conversations that terrorist were involved in the hijackings of their aircraft.

The majority of calls were made from Airfones, not cell phones.

That was never disputed by me in fact I agreed that that was the case so I still don't understand why you are hung up on the unlikely quote. The airfones had no problem with connections where as the cell phones back in 2001 did that is what we are again at odds with. Connections with cell phones were made but they never lasted long and had technical problems that is why I said it was unlikely that those calls were made like they would be now in 2012 they had technical problems and this was confirmed even by the stuff you still posted.

Actually, I am looking at certain keywords that indicate where you are going. Why did you bother to write such a thing when it was evident the calls were connected?

If you have to ask this question by now after everything I posted for the last week then I don't know what to write anymore. Did you even read anything I wrote or just looked for key words? I again explain it above for you in short one sentence answers so you don't have to go through reading paragraphs I hope that clears it up and if not well I am not going to keep repeating myself over and over. I already tried to explain it to you in different ways. Hope you have a great day.

Edited by Crumar

Skyeagle let us stop with this please I already have confirmed numerous times that cell phone calls were made I never once disputed that fact you are taking the unlikely quote out of context even after I explained it to you I don't understand why you keep pushing this point. I already explained it to you I will not continue to do so if by now you refuse to read it and see it in that light so be it. We will just have to agree to disagree.

There was a bit of a problem when you posted this.

The cell phone records from United and American can be easily fabricated because the FBI were unable to pin point where the calls came from, they don't have a record of which tower the signal was on, they have it listed as unknown and they are only going off voice data to say the calls were made from the plane. Those calls could have been made from the ground for all we know and there is technology via computers back in 2001 that could duplicate someone's voice too.

When phone call records paint a different picture.

UA93phonecallscopy-full.jpg

Ua93-calls-summary.png

Additionally, we have confirmation from family members and others on the authenticity of the cell phone calls.

Question is, why are 9/11 conspiracist spending much time trying to debunk the cell phone calls, which have already been authenticated, when the majority of calls were made on Airfones?

• Like 1

Notable Retractions

New Mexico demolitions expert Van Romero said on the day of the attack that he believed the building collapses were "too methodical" to have been a result of the collisions, and that he thought "there were some explosive devices inside the buildings that caused the towers to collapse."

His remarks were published in the Albuquerque Journal Ten days later the same newspaper printed a retraction, in which Romero is quoted as saying "Certainly the fire is what caused the building to fail."

Fire is the much healthier option to go with, which he quickly found out.

He spoke the truth at first. As a demo expert, he knew it was a CD. He also noted a few of the telltale signs of a CD,

So ten days later, he says fire is "certainly" the cause of collapse?

His retraction was done in fear, under duress. A suicidal mistake that must be corrected. And so he changed his story to fit.

If he just said other causes than CD are possible, at least he'd make sense. But to say it's "certainly" fire, before any investigation has started, is so obviously contrived to fit in with the official 9/11 'script'.

He doesn't give reasons why fire is the cause but he is certain it was fire anyway.

Sheesh..

• Like 1

Fire is the much healthier option to go with, which he quickly found out.

He spoke the truth at first. As a demo expert, he knew it was a CD. He also noted a few of the telltale signs of a CD,

So ten days later, he says fire is "certainly" the cause of collapse?

His retraction was done in fear, under duress. A suicidal mistake that must be corrected. And so he changed his story to fit.

If he just said other causes than CD are possible, at least he'd make sense. But to say it's "certainly" fire, before any investigation has started, is so obviously contrived to fit in with the official 9/11 'script'.

He doesn't give reasons why fire is the cause but he is certain it was fire anyway.

Sheesh..

The same pattern that we saw with Coroner Miller at Shanksville.

His first statement that they found nothing blew away the foundation of the official story. He was told by somebody to straighten things out, and under threat he did just that.

Pattern of behavior. :innocent:

Remember, you were the person who brought coroner Wally Miller into the argument and amazingly, he confirms what recovery crews and investigators have confirmed as well, which is, the crash site near Shanksville was that of United 93.

Flight 93 fragmented violently upon impact. Most of the aircraft wreckage was found near the impact crater. Investigators found some very light debris including paper and nylon scattered up to eight miles (13 km) from the impact point in New Baltimore, Pennsylvania. Other tiny aircraft fragments were found 1.5 miles (2.4 km) away at Indian Lake, Pennsylvania. All human remains were found within a 70-acre (28 ha) area surrounding the impact point. Somerset County Coroner Wally Miller was involved in the investigation and identification of the remains. In examining the wreckage, the only human body part he could see was part of a backbone. Miller later found and identified 1,500 pieces of human remains totaling about 600 pounds (272 kg), or eight percent of the total. The rest of the remains were consumed by the impact. Investigators identified four victims by September 22 and eleven by September 24. They identified another by September 29.

Thirty-four passengers were identified by October 27 All the people on board the flight were identified by December 21. Human remains were so fragmented that investigators could not determine whether any victims were dead before the plane crashed. Death certificates for the 40 victims listed the cause of death as homicide and listed the cause of death for the four hijackers as suicide. The remains and personal effects of the victims were returned to the families. The remains of the hijackers, identified by the process of elimination, were turned over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) as evidence.

220px-UA93_fuselage_debris.jpg

Piece of fuselage found at crash site

Investigators also found a knife concealed in a cigarette lighter. They located the flight data recorder on September 13 and the cockpit voice recorder the following day. The voice recorder was found buried 25 feet (8 m) below the crater. The FBI initially refused to release the voice recording, rejecting requests by Congresswoman Ellen Tauscher and family members of those on board. The FBI subsequently allowed the relatives of the Flight 93 victims to listen to the recording in a closed session on April 18, 2002. Jurors for the Zacarias Moussaoui trial heard the tape as part of the proceedings and the transcript was publicly released on April 12, 2006.

http://en.wikipedia....lines_Flight_93

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was the danger to city? Doomed United Flight 93 passed just south of Pittsburgh

Thursday, September 13, 2001

By Jonathan D. Silver, Post-Gazette Staff Writer

The Federal Aviation Administration said yesterday it turned over to the FBI a radar record of United Airlines Flight 93's route. The data traced the Boeing 757-200 from its takeoff from Newark, N.J., to its violent end at 10:06 a.m., just outside Shanksville, about 80 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.

As the plane neared Somerset County, air traffic controllers in Cleveland alerted their counterparts at John P. Murtha Johnstown-Cambria County Airport that a plane was about 12 miles away, "heading directly at the airport at about 6,000 feet," said Joe McKelvey, the airport's executive director.

"The Johnstown tower chief told me that under the circumstances, he was going to evacuate the tower," McKelvey said. "Before either one of us could get off the phone, the aircraft had already passed us by."

Moments later, it crashed 14 miles to the southeast, killing all 45 people aboard.

Edited by skyeagle409

His first statement that they found nothing blew away the foundation of the official story.

Can you please provide the exact full text of the first statement you are referring to? I haven't read a single thing from him that blows away anything. I think you are confusing his initial impressions of the scene with 'found nothing'.

He was told by somebody to straighten things out, and under threat he did just that.

This I believe is straight out of your imagination and has absolutely no evidence to support it. Feel free to correct me. By the way, what you deem 'common sense' is not evidence.

Pattern of behavior. :innocent:

Very true, just not for the behavior you are referring to...

• Like 2

LG

Did I already ask you how many airplane wrecks you have been to yourself?

?

No, I don't think so. Have I asked you what brand of toothpaste you use? It's about as relevant.

What exactly could the answer to that question, or your piloting experience or your being at an entirely different crash site which is what I think you are getting at, have to do with your statements I replied to: "His first statement that they found nothing blew away the foundation of the official story." and "He was told by somebody to straighten things out, and under threat he did just that."? You made it sound like Miller's first statement was what blew away the official story, not the conclusions you've drawn from your crash site experience. Puzzling response.

• Like 2

Can you please provide the exact full text of the first statement you are referring to? I haven't read a single thing from him that blows away anything. I think you are confusing his initial impressions of the scene with 'found nothing'.

A few quotes...

Miller says, "I stopped being coroner after about 20 minutes, because there were no bodies there. It became like a giant funeral service."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A56110-2002May8

“If you didn’t know, you would have thought no one was on the plane. You would have thought they dropped them off somewhere.”

The only recognizable body part he sees is a piece of spinal cord with five vertebrae attached. He will later tell Australian newspaper The Age, “I’ve seen a lot of highway fatalities where there’s fragmentation. The interesting thing about this particular case is that I haven’t, to this day, 11 months later, seen any single drop of blood. Not a drop.”

Dave Fox, a former firefighter, also arrives early at the crash scene, but sees just three chunks of human tissue. He says, “You knew there were people there, but you couldn’t see them.”

http://www.historycommons.org/entity.jsp?entity=wallace_miller_1

• He told author David McCall: "I got to the actual crash site and could not believe what I saw. ... Usually you see much debris, wreckage, and much noise and commotion. This crash was different. There was no wreckage, no bodies, and no noise. ... It appeared as though there were no passengers or crew on this plane." (David McCall, From Tragedy to Triumph, 2002, pp. 86-87)

• He told CNN: "It was a really a very unusual site. You almost would've thought the passengers had been dropped off somewhere. ... Even by the standard model of an airplane crash, there was very little, even by those standards." (CNN, 3/11/2002)

• Author Jere Longman wrote: "Wallace Miller, the Somerset County coroner, arrived and walked around the [crash] site with [assistant volunteer fire chief Rick] King. ... They walked around for an hour and found almost no human remains. 'If you didn't know, you would have thought no one was on the plane,' Miller said. 'You would have thought they dropped them off somewhere.'" (Jere Longman, Among the Heroes, 2002, p. 217)

http://shoestring911.blogspot.ca/2007/02/many-misquotes-of-wallace-miller.html

No bodies. Not a drop of blood.

To say 'they found nothing' is quite accurate.

Well, that would make a total of two aircraft crashes where no bodies / no blood were found, and the other umpteen-thousand aircraft crashes where they did find bodies/blood.

So it's not exactly a commonplace scenario, now is it?

These two crashes have remarkable similascerities - they both had no bodies or blood found, they both had 'lunatics' on board. and despite finding no bodies or blood, they both somehow managed to find superb evidence of the 'lunatics'! Amazing!

Anyway, the point I was making was that the coroner wasn't misquoted,

So he must have had a good reason to say he was. Why lie about something so...er...common?

• Like 1

?

No, I don't think so. Have I asked you what brand of toothpaste you use? It's about as relevant.

What exactly could the answer to that question, or your piloting experience or your being at an entirely different crash site which is what I think you are getting at, have to do with your statements I replied to: "His first statement that they found nothing blew away the foundation of the official story." and "He was told by somebody to straighten things out, and under threat he did just that."? You made it sound like Miller's first statement was what blew away the official story, not the conclusions you've drawn from your crash site experience. Puzzling response.

No, the point of my question regarding your ever having been present at a crash site is that when Miller and his assistants arrived at the site, they saw nothing. Numerous people there saw nothing, and those statements were recorded on TV. Apologies for not linking, it was 11 years ago. The overhead videos showed nothing, from low level in a helicopter. There was nothing to be seen, from the air or on the ground, and that's what everybody said.

If there had been that large square section of fuselage and passenger windows, painted in red and white, it would have stuck out like a sore thumb, yet nobody reported seeing it. The videos shot from the helicopters have since been scrubbed from the internet.

So I am pointing out the similarities between Miller's subsequent conversion/retraction/edit to Van Romero's subsequent retraction of his earlier statement. Though not a witness that day, the pretty young French actress Marion Cotillard went through the same process.

It is a pattern of behavior LG--people making public statements that contradict the OCT are coerced into retracting or editing those statements.

So the simple fact is that in one statement the person was telling the truth, and in the other he is not telling the truth. Which is which?

Well, that would make a total of two aircraft crashes where no bodies / no blood were found, and the other umpteen-thousand aircraft crashes where they did find bodies/blood.

So it's not exactly a commonplace scenario, now is it?

These two crashes have remarkable similascerities - they both had no bodies or blood found, they both had 'lunatics' on board. and despite finding no bodies or blood, they both somehow managed to find superb evidence of the 'lunatics'! Amazing!

Anyway, the point I was making was that the coroner wasn't misquoted,

So he must have had a good reason to say he was. Why lie about something so...er...common?

There was one other accident in which no bodies were recovered--the crash in the Everglades all those years ago, I think Air Florida. They knew where it was because the surface was clearly disturbed, but because of the sheer remoteness of the location, and the inability to get recovery equipment in, they eventually decided to leave the airplane and its contents in its murky grave. The bodies were there, but could not be recovered.

No, the point of my question regarding your ever having been present at a crash site is that when Miller and his assistants arrived at the site, they saw nothing. Numerous people there saw nothing, and those statements were recorded on TV. Apologies for not linking, it was 11 years ago. The overhead videos showed nothing, from low level in a helicopter. There was nothing to be seen, from the air or on the ground, and that's what everybody said.

And how many times does sky need to post pictures of other plane crashes where there are no bodies visible? There are no bodies because no intact bodies survived the crash and most of the plane is buried in the ground. If you go to the cemetery and look around and say, 'you can't see any dead bodies here', and then if you later watch a burial and say 'of course there are dead bodies here' you deem that a retraction by the same 'logic', correct? You do understand the difference between initial statements based on what can be immediately seen without digging into the ground, and statements made after spending hours and hours recovering wreckage and remains? And you are just cherrypicking from what 'everybody said' as you are selectively leaving out everything they said, such as the minor little tidbit that they found 1500 pieces of human remains.

If there had been that large square section of fuselage and passenger windows, painted in red and white, it would have stuck out like a sore thumb, yet nobody reported seeing it. The videos shot from the helicopters have since been scrubbed from the internet.

Of course they saw the section of fuselage, they found it. I've seen videos shot from the helicopters on the internet, they don't show what you expect them to either so I don't know why some other ones would need to be 'scrubbed' as if that's even possible. The problem is entirely with what you are expecting to see on the surface from a helicopter.

So I am pointing out the similarities between Miller's subsequent conversion/retraction/edit to Van Romero's subsequent retraction of his earlier statement.

Without providing the statement Miller made and the later statement that retracts it. Take these two statements: "1) I went to 7/11 today and upon initially entering the store, I didn't see any Coke" and "2) I then walked to the back of the store and found the Coke and purchased it." Have I retracted statement 1? Of course not, and neither did Miller. Should I have expected to see the Coke from the store door? No, and neither should Miller necessarily expect to see 'bodies' given the circumstances of the 93 crash which are not unprecedented, as sky has made clear.

It is a pattern of behavior LG--people making public statements that contradict the OCT are coerced into retracting or editing those statements.

It's 'people' now, not just Miller? Who else? There's no evidence of coercion, is there?

So the simple fact is that in one statement the person was telling the truth, and in the other he is not telling the truth. Which is which?

Please provide these two statements that you are having trouble reconciling. You seem to be trying to smuggle in an assumption that is unfounded: that the wreckage should be seen on the surface of the earth and there should be bodies laying all around.

Edited by Liquid Gardens
  • Like 2

Flight 93 victims' effects to go back to families

Sunday, December 30, 2001

By Steve Levin, Post-Gazette Staff Writer

United Airlines Flight 93 slammed into the earth Sept. 11 near Shanksville, Somerset County, at more than 500 mph, with a ferocity that disintegrated metal, bone and flesh. It took more than three months to identify the remains of the 40 passengers and crew, and, by process of elimination, the four hijackers.

Those remains were gathered by the FBI and other investigators from the 50-foot-deep pit the Boeing 757 jet gouged in a reclaimed strip mine, and from the woods adjoining the crash site.

But searchers also gathered surprisingly intact mementos of lives lost.

Those items, such as a wedding ring and other jewelry, photos, credit cards, purses and their contents, shoes, a wallet and currency, are among seven boxes of identified personal effects salvaged from the site. They sit in an El Segundo, Calif., mortuary and will be returned to victims' families in February.

"We have some property for most passengers," said Craig Hendrix, a funeral coordinator and a personal effects administrator with Douglass Air Disaster Funeral Coordinators, a company often contacted by airlines after devastating crashes.

Hendrix said United Airlines' insurance underwriter hired Douglass on Sept. 12 to handle not only funeral arrangements for the victims but also the return of personal effects.

His company also is helping identify the remains and coordinating funeral services for the passengers from the three other airline crashes that day -- United Airlines Flight 175, which crashed into the south tower of the World Trade Center; American Airlines Flight 11, which hit the north tower of the World Trade Center; and American Airlines Flight 77, which hijackers flew into the Pentagon.

http://old.post-gazette.com/headlines/20011230flight931230p3.asp

---------------------------------------------------------------

Another 14 victims of Flight 93 identified

Saturday, October 27, 2001

By Don Hopey, Post-Gazette Staff Writer

Investigators have positively identified the remains of another 14 persons aboard United Airlines Flight 93 and Somerset County Coroner Wallace Miller said the investigation could conclude more quickly than expected.

At the same time, the high winds that buffeted the area over the last few days have dislodged additional airplane parts -- seat cushions, wiring, carpet fragments and pieces of metal -- from trees near the crash site.

"It's all aircraft parts, no human remains," Miller said. "We've collected them in 10 recycling bin-sized containers and eventually we'll turn them all over to United."

http://911research.wtc7.net/cache/planes/evidence/postgazette1027_flight93.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pittsburgh airport OK; United, American confirm lost planes

She said neither of the planes involved in today’s New York City collision originated from Pittsburgh. The airport authority did get a call this morning from 911 units in Somerset and Westmorelandcounties, where United Airlines flight 93 crashed. The Newark, N.J. flight was bound to San Francisco. On behalf of the airline CEO James Goodwin said: “The thoughts of everyone at United are with the passengers and crew of these flights. Our prayers are also with everyone onthe ground who may have been involved. “United is working with all the relevant authorities, includingthe FBI, to obtain further information on these flights,” he said.

If there had been that large square section of fuselage and passenger windows, painted in red and white, it would have stuck out like a sore thumb, yet nobody reported seeing it.

739px-UA93_livery_debris.jpg

800px-UA93_fuselage_debris.jpg

Fuselage wreckage from United 93

The videos shot from the helicopters have since been scrubbed from the internet.

Flight93Crash.jpg

Text: United Airlines Statement on Plane Crashes

Following is a statement issued by United Airlines on the crash of Flight 93 near Pittsburgh and Flight 175 in a location that was not immediately disclosed:

United Airlines has now confirmed that two of its aircraft have crashed.

— UA 93, a Boeing 757 aircraft, departed from Newark, N.J. at 8:01 a.m. local time, bound for San Francisco, with 38 passengers on board, two pilots, five flight attendants.

— UA 175, a Boeing 767 aircraft, departed from Boston at 7:58 a.m. local time, bound for Los Angeles, with 56 passengers on board, two pilots and seven flight attendants.

United has confirmed it will dispatch a team to Johnstown, Pa., as soon as possible to assist, in every way possible, with the investigation and to provide assistance to the family members.

“Our thoughts are with the passengers, employees and family members of those involved. Today’s events are a tragedy and our prayers are with everyone at this time,” said James E. Goodwin, United’s CEO.

Goodwin said United is working with all the relevant authorities involved in today’s events and will provide further information as soon as it is available.

http://www.washingto..._text091101.htm

Confirmation from United Airlines on the loss of United 93.

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

Please note Sky, that the objects you show in the various pictures are not to be seen in the overhead view. Now don't you go photoshopping them in there. :-*

• Like 1

Please note Sky, that the objects you show in the various pictures are not to be seen in the overhead view. Now don't you go photoshopping them in there. :-*

Those parts were there, so it doesn't make any sense overruling those who recovered those parts from the crash site of United 93.

Flight 93 crash site

At 10:03:11, near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, the plane crashed into a reclaimed coal strip mine known as the Diamond T. Mine owned by PBS Coals in Stonycreek Township in Somerset County. The National Transportation Safety Board reported that the flight impacted at 563 mph (906 km/h, 252 m/s, or 489 knots) at a 40-degree nose-down, inverted attitude.[19] The impact left a crater eight to ten feet deep (c. 3 m), and 30 to 50 feet wide (c. 12 m). All 44 people on board died.[63] Many media reports and eyewitness accounts cited the time of the crash at 10:06 or 10:10, as did an analysis of seismographic data in the area,[66] but which the 9/11 Commission report states was not definitive.Other media outlets and the 9/11 Commission reported the time of impact as 10:03, based on when the flight recorders stopped, analysis of radar data, infrared satellite data, and air traffic control transmissions.

Kelly Leverknight, a local resident, was watching news of the attacks when she heard the plane. "I heard the plane going over and I went out the front door and I saw the plane going down. It was headed toward the school, which panicked me, because all three of my kids were there. Then you heard the explosion and felt the blast and saw the fire and smoke." Another witness, Eric Peterson, looked up when he heard the plane, "It was low enough, I thought you could probably count the rivets. You could see more of the roof of the plane than you could the belly. It was on its side. There was a great explosion and you could see the flames. It was a massive, massive explosion. Flames and then smoke and then a massive, massive mushroom cloud." Val McClatchey had been watching footage of the attacks when she heard the plane. She saw it briefly, then heard the impact. The crash knocked out the electricity and phones. McClatchey grabbed her camera and took the only known picture of the smoke cloud from the explosion. Ten years after 9/11, a video of the rising smoke cloud filmed by Dave Berkebile (deceased by 2011) from his yard located eight miles away from the crash site was published on YouTube.

The first responders arrived at the crash site after 10:06. Cleveland Center controllers, unaware the flight had crashed, notified the Northeast Air Defense Sector (NEADS) at 10:07 that Flight 93 had a bomb on board and passed the last known position. This call was the first time the military was notified about the flight. Ballinger sent one final ACARS message to Flight 93 at 10:10, "Don't divert to DC. Not an option." He repeated the message one minute later. The Herndon Command Center alerted FAA headquarters that Flight 93 had crashed at 10:13. NEADS called the Washington Air Route Traffic Control Center for an update on Flight 93 and received notification that the flight had crashed.

At 10:37, CNN correspondent Aaron Brown, covering the collapse of the World Trade Center, announced, "We are getting reports and we are getting lots of reports and we want to be careful to tell you when we have confirmed them and not, but we have a report that a 747 is down in Pennsylvania, and that remains unconfirmed at this point." He followed that up at 10:49 by reporting that, "We have a report now that a large plane crashed this morning, north of the Somerset County Airport, which is in western Pennsylvania, not too terribly far from Pittsburgh, about 80 miles or so, a Boeing 767 jet. Don't know whose airline it was, whose airplane it was, and we don't have any details beyond that which I have just given you." In the confusion, he also erroneously reported a second hijacked plane heading for the Pentagon after the crash of the first.

http://usatoday30.us...ictims-list.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A NATION CHALLENGED: THE PENNSYLVANIA CRASH; 44 Victims Are Remembered, and Lauded

SHANKSVILLE, Pa., Sept. 17— The families of those who died aboard United Airlines Flight 93 gathered in the mountains of southwestern Pennsylvania today, in a place that is already being described as a sacred battleground in the war against terrorism.

They stood on a hillside and looked down at the crater that was carved in the grassy field when the plane carrying their loved ones crashed here last Tuesday morning, killing all 44 people on board.

The survivors sobbed, and prayed and held onto one another. They laid flowers, teddy bears, photographs and baseball caps atop hay bales piled on the hillside in memory of the dead.

http://www.nytimes.c...and-lauded.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dispatcher honored for Flight 93 efforts

Friday, December 07, 2001

By Ernie Hoffman, Post-Gazette Staff Writer

The Westmoreland County 911 dispatcher who took a cell phone call from a frantic passenger aboard hijacked United Airlines Flight 93 says he was just doing his job when he tried to calm the man and obtain more information about what was happening aboard the jetliner.

http://old.post-gaze...tcher1207p3.asp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary

Since the time of plane impact at the Pentagon had often been reported with large scatter, the United States Army contacted us to inquire whether we could obtain an accurate time of the Pentagon attack on September 11, 2001 based upon our seismic network.

We analyzed seismic records from five stations in the northeastern United States, ranging from 63 to 350 km from the Pentagon. Despite detailed analysis of the data, we could not find a clear seismic signal. Even the closest station (= 62.8 km) at Soldier’s Delight, Baltimore County, Maryland (SDMD) did not record the impact.

We concluded that the plane impact to the Pentagon generated latively weak seismic signals. However, we positively identified seismic signals associated with United Airlines Flight 93 that crashed near Shanksville, Somerset County, Pennsylvania.

The time of the plane crash was 10:06:055 (EDT).

http://www.mgs.md.go...911pentagon.pdf

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voices of 9/11: Witness, first responder, coroner, relative

Read more: http://www.post-gaze.../#ixzz2CbzohLxI

Linda Shepley was taking advantage of the bright September morning, hanging laundry in the yard of her Somerset County home when she heard an airplane approaching. She looked up and saw an incongruous sight: a Boeing 757 coming toward her, much lower than it ought to have been, rolling from side to side as though the pilot was drunk. She turned to watch the aircraft as it passed overhead, banked to the right, turned upside down and plummeted nose-first behind the treetops. Seconds later she heard the crash, saw a fireball rise into a mushroom cloud, smelled the acrid scent of burning jet fuel from three miles away.

Unknown to her at the time -- 10:03 a.m. -- her son, Michael, had picked up the visual, catching sight of the plane just as it disappeared from her view. Working at the Rollock Inc. scrap yard on the hill overlooking a reclaimed strip mine just yards away, he and a fellow worker had a bird's-eye view of the plane falling from the sky and slamming into the field at 563 miles per hour. Michael Shepley, then 22, not only watched and smelled the catastrophe, he felt the heat from the conflagration and saw debris flying through the air.

As the plane hit, Mrs. Shepley screamed to her husband, Jim, to call 911. Then they jumped in the car and peeled off from their Stoystown home toward the crash site, five minutes away.

Thus the Shepleys, parents and son, were among the first to stand at the smoking grave of United Airlines Flight 93, the only one of four airplanes hijacked by 19 al-Qaida terrorists that day that did not find its intended target.

Read more: http://www.post-gaze.../#ixzz2CbzWwKZm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smithsonian+Previews+New+Exhibit+Objects+Sites+W_wteV8biJ2l.jpg

From United Flight 93 found at the crash site in Shanksville, Pennsylvania is displayed alongside other artifacts from the September 11, 2001 attacks as part of an exhibit at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History September 1, 2011 in Washington, DC.

pacrash93.jpg

Now, what was that you were saying about "no Boeing" crashed near Shanksville? It didn't make any sense for you to make a false comment in light of the fact that United Airlines, recovery crews and investigators confirmed the crash site near Shanksville as that of United 93.

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

They were there but you can't show me an aerial picture with them 'there'? You are consistent Sky, I'll give you that.

They were there but you can't show me an aerial picture with them 'there'? You are consistent Sky, I'll give you that.

That doesn't work for you either, BR! :no:

fox1.jpg

• Like 1