Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brisbane's alleged most-haunted building

Karlis

'Haunted' Brisbane theatre investigated by ghostbusters

A team of paranormal investigators outfitted with infra-red technology will bunker down at one of Queensland's allegedly most haunted sites tomorrow [sunday], looking for signs of the ghosts that have made actors jumpy.

Brisbane Arts Theatre will shut down for 12 hours in an effort to pick up evidence of supernatural activity - the first time the theatre has been surveyed.

Rumours of strange happenings had plagued the theatre for 47 years, with actors and crew reporting footsteps, items being moved, things appearing where they shouldn't, and one woman who claims she was physically moved from the gallery.

Read more

• 2 weeks later...

Just sounds like an excuse to get more customers into the buisness.

• Like 1

I've been there for a 'ghost hunt' with Ghost Tours back in 2010. Absolute b******s if you ask me. Back then I was a full blown believer (so many things over the last 2 years have turned me into a borderline sceptic). Nothing happened at all, we even did a seance in some decrepit shed out the back and then went onto EVP sessions in groups of 4 in the change rooms. The only 'EVP' we caught was the poor girl on our tour (and I had to get stuck with her) with a flatulence problem.

• Like 1