Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

do you think some people have special powers

graybeauty

no in the respect that they cna read mind like we read a book.

im more compelled to belive that they can pick up signs, feelings, body langauge etc better then most.

but thats my two cents.

iv seen like most evidence for and against, but both sides are easy to disprove/prove. like most debates like this topic.

deep down i would like to think that its possible, but untill i see something with own eyes, then im on the

fence/leaning to the skeptic side.

none the less interesting topic,

thanks OP.

:innocent:

i think i do but it only works when im not being self obsessive so its properly more empathy and predictability of how people react in certain situations.

Same here. I can know what people are thinking and why they are feeling a certain way. By Thinking that i am them and then i stare at them until my mind starts to change itself based on everything i know about the persons personality. How they would think. then i just wait and think and then i hear them.

• 2 weeks later...

.........No. I honestly do not see any reliable proof that would compel me to think otherwise.

It is "possible" but from what I have seen and observed, it is often faked or is a result of paranoia or coincidence.

People in general seem to be able to pick up subtle cues from their surroundings to give them a overall view of a situation...this is a normal sensing ability that most creatures have as part of their survival mechanism. But psychic abilities? I need far more proof.

i read on the unexplainable store's website that "

Even the government used telepathy during the project MK Ultra in which psychics were drafted to read the minds of potential spies during the Cold War. What EEGs found was that this psychic phenomena is directly linked to the Alpha frequency of brain wave activity. While thinking in an Alpha state, telepathy test subjects showed a statistically greater ability to read minds and transmit their own thoughts into the minds of others.

gahh, don't even get me started on "proof". i hate that word. just because something hasn't been proven doesn't mean it doesn't exist. there was a time when there was no proof that cells exist, but that sure as hell doesn't mean they don't exist. and who's to say that it has been proven but it's kept secret? you think the government is really going to tell people that some people can hear their private thoughts and you can learn to as well? or that some people can see the future or what you're doing, and so can you? not likely. the government has hidden many things, and will continue to hide things. it's the way it is.

also, when it comes to psychic abilities, what about those psychics that work with the the law to solve missing person's cases and unsolved cases? why would they let a fake psychic work for them? and for so many years? they obviously must be getting results. also, i know psychics myself, but that's my proof, not yours.

:)

Edited by number22

i read on the unexplainable store's website that...

Sorry number22, I had to remove the black background to make it easier to read...

Even the government used telepathy during the project MK Ultra in which psychics were drafted to read the minds of potential spies during the Cold War. What EEGs found was that this psychic phenomena is directly linked to the Alpha frequency of brain wave activity. While thinking in an Alpha state, telepathy test subjects showed a statistically greater ability to read minds and transmit their own thoughts into the minds of others.

gahh, don't even get me started on "proof". i hate that word. just because something hasn't been proven doesn't mean it doesn't exist. there was a time when there was no proof that cells exist, but that sure as hell doesn't mean they don't exist. and who's to say that it has been proven but it's kept secret? you think the government is really going to tell people that some people can hear their private thoughts and you can learn to as well? or that some people can see the future or what you're doing, and so can you? not likely. the government has hidden many things, and will continue to hide things. it's the way it is.

also, when it comes to psychic abilities, what about those psychics that work with the the law to solve missing person's cases and unsolved cases? why would they let a fake psychic work for them? and for so many years? they obviously must be getting results. also, i know psychics myself, but that's my proof, not yours. :)

But once it was easier to read, unfortunately I read it (I am glad they aren't your own words)...

The government used telepathy and drafted in psychics, where from? Statistically greater, what 0.00001% greater?

Hate the word proof, maybe because it is lacking here. There was a time when there was no proof that cells existed, then we created the tools to see them, we need no tools to prove psychic abilities, just two people, we still have not done it after years of trying.

Those psychics that work with the law have never solved a single case, most of them are frauds making up links between their 'readings' and the crimes.

Hopefully others will be more sympathetic than myself to the statements in the source you quoted. :)

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

idk maybe they say that the possibilities for are DNA is so far greater thn people that have actually existed that anything is possible.

I think I have a "special power", but it's not the kind you'd expect.

But it's not a psychic one.

Edited by Lrak

Sorry number22, I had to remove the black background to make it easier to read...

But once it was easier to read, unfortunately I read it (I am glad they aren't your own words)...

The government used telepathy and drafted in psychics, where from? Statistically greater, what 0.00001% greater?

Hate the word proof, maybe because it is lacking here. There was a time when there was no proof that cells existed, then we created the tools to see them, we need no tools to prove psychic abilities, just two people, we still have not done it after years of trying.

Those psychics that work with the law have never solved a single case, most of them are frauds making up links between their 'readings' and the crimes.

Hopefully others will be more sympathetic than myself to the statements in the source you quoted. :)

i just read that from a website. i'm not saying it's true. (i forgot to put that in there). honestly, idk how you had trouble reading. sure, the background is black, but the letters are white. c'mon now. let's not act silly.

and umm.. sorry to bust your chops, but technology actually can help us. for example, people have been claiming to see auras for years. people called them crazy and what not, until it was recently discovered,through technology, that auras actually do exist. also, there are binaural beats for psychic abilities. there is even a list of the brainwave frequencies that are associated with our emotions, health, psychic abilities, etc. also. my point of mentioning cells was that if we all had the closed minds that a lot of us have now, we wouldn't know a lot of great and vital knowledge we know, and our technology wouldn't be as advanced as it is today.

and about the psychics in the law enforcement.. what about Carole Wilson? Carole works with the police forces throughout the United States, Canada, and Britain. I guess they just allow her to work for them because of her pretty face, since "Those psychics that work with the law have never solved a single case". and when you say, "we still have not done it after years of trying.", what do you mean "we"? Have you tried it? Do you have a career in science? Are you trying to solve the debate of whether or not they exist? I highly doubt it. Also, as i have mentioned before, do you really think they're going to announce these abilities to the world? "Hey. People can see the future. People can read minds. People can move things without touching them. And so can you." no. they're not.

and lastly, i don't care if others are more sympathetic than you were. i don't need anyone's sympathy. i know real psychics, and whether you believe me or not is your problem. i have nothing to prove to you. (: good day.

Edited by number22

auras actually do exist.

Proof?

what do you mean "we"? Have you tried it? Do you have a career in science? Are you trying to solve the debate of whether or not they exist? I highly doubt it. Also, as i have mentioned before, do you really think they're going to announce these abilities to the world?

exist or not proof?

and lastly, i don't care if others are more sympathetic than you were. i don't need anyone's sympathy. i know real psychics, and whether you believe me or not is your problem. i have nothing to prove to you. (: good day.

Once again, Proof?

"proof" that auras exist? google aura photography and do some research. you can do it yourself.

"exist or not proof?" i don't understand your question.

"Once again, Proof?" Once again, i don't have to prove anything to anyone, let alone some stranger on the internet. i don't care whether you believe me or not. i'm just trying to open some minds a bit. want proof? go look for it yourself.

"proof" that auras exist? google aura photography and do some research. you can do it yourself.

"exist or not proof?" i don't understand your question.

"Once again, Proof?" Once again, i don't have to prove anything to anyone, let alone some stranger on the internet. i don't care whether you believe me or not. i'm just trying to open some minds a bit. want proof? go look for it yourself.

do you really think they're going to announce these abilities to the world?

yes, because surely its for the better.

so whats next?

yes, because surely its for the better.

sarcasm?

so whats next?

what's next? what do you mean?

sarcasm?

what's next? what do you mean?

No, if they have these powers they might come forward to solve some problems.

and as for whats next, what else have you got, proof wise?

verified proof that it exists?

"Those psychics that work with the law have never solved a single case". and when you say, "we still have not done it after years of trying.", what do you mean "we"?

? have they?

Hm, I can't speak for anyone else, and though I'm not 100 percent sure if we're all born with certain "gifts", I do lean towards the belief that everyone has some capacity for intuition and abilities. I generally prefer to steer clear of terms like "powers' and "special', or "psychic". I don't see this as some elite thing or a comic book type matter, and I know that in regards to my own..."sensitivity", I think of it more as another layer to my life. I can pick up on things in ways that might seem unusual to quite a few still, but I just see that as an extra depth to my consciousness.

• Like 2

i just read that from a website. i'm not saying it's true. (i forgot to put that in there). honestly, idk how you had trouble reading. sure, the background is black, but the letters are white. c'mon now. let's not act silly.

I never mentioned that I thought you believed it, I even mentioned that 'I am glad its not your own words'. I was not being silly, I genuinely gave up reading it, so others would not do the same I reposted it for you in an easier to read format. I was trying to help you by encouraging people to read your 'quoted text'...

and umm.. sorry to bust your chops, but technology actually can help us. for example, people have been claiming to see auras for years. people called them crazy and what not, until it was recently discovered,through technology, that auras actually do exist. also, there are binaural beats for psychic abilities. there is even a list of the brainwave frequencies that are associated with our emotions, health, psychic abilities, etc. also. my point of mentioning cells was that if we all had the closed minds that a lot of us have now, we wouldn't know a lot of great and vital knowledge we know, and our technology wouldn't be as advanced as it is today

Can you point to the part of my post where I say technology cannot help us?

Your point of mentioning cells, I thought this was quoted from elsewhere?

I see your point about closed minds, maybe you should have used a better example than cells, something related to psychic powers maybe?

and about the psychics in the law enforcement.. what about Carole Wilson? Carole works with the police forces throughout the United States, Canada, and Britain. I guess they just allow her to work for them because of her pretty face, since "Those psychics that work with the law have never solved a single case". and when you say, "we still have not done it after years of trying.", what do you mean "we"? Have you tried it? Do you have a career in science? Are you trying to solve the debate of whether or not they exist? I highly doubt it. Also, as i have mentioned before, do you really think they're going to announce these abilities to the world? "Hey. People can see the future. People can read minds. People can move things without touching them. And so can you." no. they're not.

I will look into this and get back to you... I hope she is what she claims to be.

I think you have misunderstood what I meant by sympathetic...

1) acting or affected by, of the nature of, or pertaining to a special affinity or mutual relationship; congenial: With their many similar tastes, he found her a most sympathetic companion.

2) looking upon with favor (often followed by to or toward ): She is sympathetic to the project.

number22, I started my post to help you out, and you seem upset I do not agree with the content you posted. I ended my post saying I hope you find people that share similar views to you. What is wrong with that?

No, if they have these powers they might come forward to solve some problems.

and as for whats next, what else have you got, proof wise?

verified proof that it exists?

they're not powers. and why would they? would you? for what? so people can fear you? to be seen as a threat or intimidating? so people can think you're from Satan or an alien or a freak of nature? (i actually know people who believe in telekinesis that think it's a "gift from Satan") so people can envy you and hate you for what you are? to get death threats and have people try to kill you? trust me. some people do crazy things because of envy and fear. so the government and scientists can run tests on you like a lab rat? possibly kill you? so you can lose friends and family members because they're afraid you? so friends, strangers, co-workers, family, etc. can harass you to use your ability? like a telekinetic would constantly hear "move this! or move that!". or a telepath would hear "what am i thinking now?", or "i think my girlfriend's cheating on me? can you read her mind and tell me?" so you can be ostracized, labeled, have people talk about you, and have people staring at you all the time? so you can have all these people that never noticed you before want to be your friend only because of what you can do? why would anyone want this attention?

verified proof? no. don't need it, don't care for it. besides, even if i had all the proof in the world, it's not like skeptics are going to believe it. one way or another they're going to try to find something fake in it. the only way people are going to believe is if someone actually shows them in person. maybe not even then. or announces it to the world. or science verifies it. feel free to google it though. you might find something. the only proof i'm going to give you is you. try it for yourself. you'll be surprised how amazing the human mind is.

? have they?

well, i read about Carole in a book published in 1999, and then it said she had been working for the police force for years and was known for her accuracy. so, i guess so.

they're not powers. and why would they? would you? for what? so people can fear you? to be seen as a threat or intimidating? so people can think you're from Satan or an alien or a freak of nature? (i actually know people who believe in telekinesis that think it's a "gift from Satan") so people can envy you and hate you for what you are? to get death threats and have people try to kill you? trust me. some people do crazy things because of envy and fear. so the government and scientists can run tests on you like a lab rat? possibly kill you? so you can lose friends and family members because they're afraid you? so friends, strangers, co-workers, family, etc. can harass you to use your ability? like a telekinetic would constantly hear "move this! or move that!". or a telepath would hear "what am i thinking now?", or "i think my girlfriend's cheating on me? can you read her mind and tell me?" so you can be ostracized, labeled, have people talk about you, and have people staring at you all the time? so you can have all these people that never noticed you before want to be your friend only because of what you can do? why would anyone want this attention?

verified proof? no. don't need it, don't care for it. besides, even if i had all the proof in the world, it's not like skeptics are going to believe it. one way or another they're going to try to find something fake in it. the only way people are going to believe is if someone actually shows them in person. maybe not even then. or announces it to the world. or science verifies it. feel free to google it though. you might find something. the only proof i'm going to give you is you. try it for yourself. you'll be surprised how amazing the human mind is.

The thread is "do you think people have special powers."

if people think its from "satan" let them think it. its all in there heads

as for friends using you you can choose your friends.

if you had all the proof in the world, we wouldnt be discussing this here, simple.

verified proof is the best, and people do need it.

i like how the mind works, its quite good, but it doesnt give me powers.

Thanks for the reply.

I've heard some interesting stories about twins being linked... Psychically.. or Spiritually.. whichever you prefer.

If quantum entanglement is possible.. .................... .. why not? ? From what i hear, normal Physics breaks down at some point ? What can happen at more fundamental levels is still being discovered?

• Like 1

I never mentioned that I thought you believed it, I even mentioned that 'I am glad its not your own words'. I was not being silly, I genuinely gave up reading it, so others would not do the same I reposted it for you in an easier to read format. I was trying to help you by encouraging people to read your 'quoted text'...

I'm wasn't implying that. i was simply stating that i'm not saying it's true. and sorry, but i don't see how one would be discouraged or find it hard to read a white text with black background. not saying you're lying, but i thought you were just being an ass.

Can you point to the part of my post where I say technology cannot help us?

Your point of mentioning cells, I thought this was quoted from elsewhere?

I see your point about closed minds, maybe you should have used a better example than cells, something related to psychic powers maybe?

I was responding to your comment that technology does not to be used to prove psychic abilities. i forgot to add the words "prove psychic abilities." either way, i assumed you would understand since i mentioned technology being used to prove and aid psychic abilities. That's why i mentioned technology being used to discover the aura, and binaural beats. nope. i was talking from my point of view. perhaps i should've, but i wasn't talking only about psychic abilities. i was talking about unexplainable things in general.

I will look into this and get back to you... I hope she is what she claims to be.

okay. she seems legit. i know there are fake psychics out there, but there are real ones. she might be the real deal.

I think you have misunderstood what I meant by sympathetic...

1) acting or affected by, of the nature of, or pertaining to a special affinity or mutual relationship; congenial: With their many similar tastes, he found her a most sympathetic companion.

2) looking upon with favor (often followed by to or toward ): She is sympathetic to the project.

number22, I started my post to help you out, and you seem upset I do not agree with the content you posted. I ended my post saying I hope you find people that share similar views to you. What is wrong with that?

lol. i know the meaning of the word sympathy. but you sounded like an ass, so i was saying i don't need your sympathy. or anyone's. just sayin.

Edited by number22

The thread is "do you think people have special powers."

if people think its from "satan" let them think it. its all in there heads

congratulations. you pointed out the thread's name, even though i've read it already.

yeah, maybe. but it sucks to be in the heads of those you love. there's no doubt that most true christians who believe it's satanic will stay away from them, or disown them as family.

as for friends using you you can choose your friends.

obviously. but it would be extremely annoying to have all these people on your back. that was the point. i never said you have to be friends with them.

if you had all the proof in the world, we wouldnt be discussing this here, simple.

verified proof is the best, and people do need it.

i was exaggerating, obviously. even if i did, i'm not going to announce it. yes. verified proof is the best. but as i mentioned mannnnnyyyy times, the government is not going to scare people and make it known. it wouldn't help the world. and as i mentioned mannnnnyyyy times before, i don't have to prove anything to anyone. i could. but i refuse to. i've proven it to some family i trust, but that's it. i don't have anything to prove to anyone, especially a stranger.

i like how the mind works, its quite good, but it doesnt give me powers.

i'm glad you like how the mind works. congrats. have fun with it. be careful though. one day you might slip on your dogma and it might open a little. :hmm:

Thanks for the reply.

no problem. (:

Edited by number22

congratulations. you pointed out the thread's name, even though i've read it already.

yeah, maybe. but it sucks to be in the heads of those you love. there's no doubt that most true christians who believe it's satanic will stay away from them, or disown them as family.

obviously. but it would be extremely annoying to have all these people on your back. that was the point. i never said you have to be friends with them.

i was exaggerating, obviously. even if i did, i'm not going to announce it. yes. verified proof is the best. but as i mentioned mannnnnyyyy times, the government is not going to scare people and make it known. it wouldn't help the world. and as i mentioned mannnnnyyyy times before, i don't have to prove anything to anyone. i could. but i refuse to. i've proven it to some family i trust, but that's it. i don't have anything to prove to anyone, especially a stranger.

i'm glad you like how the mind works. congrats. have fun with it. be careful though. one day you might slip on your dogma and it might open a little. :hmm:

no problem. (:

LOL.

Surely, if you've proven it before why not again to people in the science realm?

if you have a so called gift then why would you not want to prove it?

it would end all debate on this type of subject?

thanks,

LOL.

Surely, if you've proven it before why not again to people in the science realm?

if you have a so called gift then why would you not want to prove it?

it would end all debate on this type of subject?

thanks,

i already listed the reasons! LOL. really? are you even reading? i proved it to my family because i can trust them. i don't care about debate. it's not affecting my life or changing me or my beliefs in anyway, i just like to see if i can through to people.

i already listed the reasons! LOL. really? are you even reading? i proved it to my family because i can trust them. i don't care about debate. it's not affecting my life or changing me or my beliefs in anyway, i just like to see if i can through to people.

Where?

i know psychics myself, but that's my proof, not yours.

Correct, nothing is on the table, dont mean anything really.

As you said verified proof is the best.

Thanks,

Where?

i know psychics myself, but that's my proof, not yours.

Correct, nothing is on the table, dont mean anything really.

As you said verified proof is the best.

Thanks,

My mom's friend Maria. There was a time when i didn't believe in psychics myself, but this lady is incredible. She's told me things i've never told anyone, and she's told me things that i was feeling and bad things that were happening in my life. and no one had ever told her. she's told my mom things too, and things that were going to happen to her. sure enough they happened. that's when i started believing.

• Like 1