Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

do you think some people have special powers

graybeauty

My mom's friend Maria. There was a time when i didn't believe in psychics myself, but this lady is incredible. She's told me things i've never told anyone, and she's told me things that i was feeling and bad things that were happening in my life. and no one had ever told her. she's told my mom things too, and things that were going to happen to her. sure enough they happened. that's when i started believing.

These might have happened, but to somebody over the net, its a bit extreame to belive

without tidy eveidence.

Dont get me wrong, if it happened to me i might have a different view point on it.

There might be an explination for it there might not, but for me id have to experiance it.

Thanks for the reply!

These might have happened, but to somebody over the net, its a bit extreame to belive

without tidy eveidence.

Dont get me wrong, if it happened to me i might have a different view point on it.

There might be an explination for it there might not, but for me id have to experiance it.

Thanks for the reply!

i understand. can't trust people now a days. and i understand the idea is far-fetched but once you realize the truth you'll see life in a new way. trust me. you should definitely look for a psychic. there are real ones out there.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity. Does anyone know would causes such "powers" or "visions" or things?

Would it be paranormal? Some untapped power of the brain? Human evolution? Tapping into the astral plane power or something?

Out of curiosity. Does anyone know would causes such "powers" or "visions" or things?

Would it be paranormal? Some untapped power of the brain? Human evolution? Tapping into the astral plane power or something?

Hi,

Some have a natural energetic attunement, like young children, for sensing energies not available to our 5 senses.

Some have evolved themself energetically so that they can pick up on these things.

John

• Like 1

i understand. can't trust people now a days. and i understand the idea is far-fetched but once you realize the truth you'll see life in a new way. trust me. you should definitely look for a psychic. there are real ones out there.

Yeah, fair point.

But if i see it then my point would change.

i agree there.

Thanks for replying, it was fun!

Thanks,

I think I have a "special power", but it's not the kind you'd expect.

But it's not a psychic one.

I don't wanna know, I don't wanna know...

I kinda wanted to mention, since police psychics were mentioned, that is, psychics used by the police, that Peter Hurkos, another psychic used by police, gained his powers after he fell off a ladder and hit his head. Seriously. Google "Peter Hurkos" if you're interested, Frank Edwards wrote about him too.

I kinda wanted to mention, since police psychics were mentioned, that is, psychics used by the police, that Peter Hurkos, another psychic used by police, gained his powers after he fell off a ladder and hit his head. Seriously. Google "Peter Hurkos" if you're interested, Frank Edwards wrote about him too.

yeah i've heard of people hitting their heads and unlocking certain parts of their brain too.

• Like 1

That's funny Lrak...I mean, really it is. I got a chuckle out of it. Thanks.

I'm wasn't implying that. i was simply stating that i'm not saying it's true. and sorry, but i don't see how one would be discouraged or find it hard to read a white text with black background. not saying you're lying, but i thought you were just being an ass.

No problem, a lot of web users do not consider the conditions other users face. For most its a case of 'I can read it so everybody can read it' which is often well of the mark.

I was responding to your comment that technology does not to be used to prove psychic abilities. i forgot to add the words "prove psychic abilities." either way, i assumed you would understand since i mentioned technology being used to prove and aid psychic abilities. That's why i mentioned technology being used to discover the aura, and binaural beats. nope. i was talking from my point of view. perhaps i should've, but i wasn't talking only about psychic abilities. i was talking about unexplainable things in general.

You do not need technology to prove psychic abilities, you might be able to reinforce that proof or detect 'other' abnormalities but surely all you need is two people and an impartial witness.

okay. she seems legit. i know there are fake psychics out there, but there are real ones. she might be the real deal.

I can't find any cases she has solved, could you point me to any? I am not impressed with the content of her website though (if I have the right Carole Wilson), photos of orbs do not really add to her credibility as a psychic.

At the risk of facing some nasty mockery...I'm an empath. I can feel suffering in other people and in animals. With other humans, it's mostly emotional distress that I feel, but with animals, it's physical suffering.

• Like 1

I believe you lizzieboo...'cuz I don't see why you would lie about it. :)

• Like 1

I believe you lizzieboo...'cuz I don't see why you would lie about it. :)

TY Gummug dear! It took me years to understand why I so often cried over the suffering of animals or the emotional distress of people I barely know. I thought I was just overly sensitive, but it's more than that. I can't bear to fish, or even to watch others fishing, because watching a fish struggle to breathe when it's out of the water makes me feel like I, too, am suffocating--and along with the pain, I feel the poor creature's fear. I had just met a neighbor for the first time when she told me about having lost her 14-year-old son to a hit and run accident, and I cried my eyes out the rest of the night. I felt the aching sense of irreparable loss that she had experienced, and my heart broke for her.

I think that's also why I've never been able to understand people who are jealous of the success of others. When I encounter someone who is happy and excited about a new job or promotion, or other good news, I feel as joyful as the person who actually got the good news. I couldn't be more excited if the good news related to me.

Or maybe I'm just weird. :)

• Like 1

I think you are a very rare and beautiful person, Lizzieboo. I've often wondered, Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself, and I've often wondered how I could handle that emotionally, because every time someone was hurt or killed, it would be like as if it were your mom or brother...I don't know how I could handle that. I don't know how you can handle yours, Lizzieboo, but I do admire your gift. I tend to be sensitive myself, but not that much! Peace to you my friend.

eta: No, you're not weird, lol.

Edited by Gummug
  • Like 1

I think you are a very rare and beautiful person, Lizzieboo. I've often wondered, Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself, and I've often wondered how I could handle that emotionally, because every time someone was hurt or killed, it would be like as if it were your mom or brother...I don't know how I could handle that. I don't know how you can handle yours, Lizzieboo, but I do admire your gift. I tend to be sensitive myself, but not that much! Peace to you my friend.

eta: No, you're not weird, lol.

Thank you so very much. It makes me feel happy to know that someone understands.

Hugs,

Lizzie

• Like 1

:)

eta: sending good vibes your way.

Edited by Gummug
  • Like 1

Thank you so very much. It makes me feel happy to know that someone understands.

Hugs,

Lizzie

In a world fully of mistrust, people like you remind us that not everyone has their fingers crossed behind their back. You actually remind me of my Wiccan friend. I will go see her ( selfishly) just because my blood pressure drops by just being around her.

I have a sensitivity as well. The doctors call it adrenal fatigue syndrom. My blood pressure shoots throug the roof at the slightest things. Especially people. When I first discovered it I was at the doctors office ( not my normal doctor) and it freaked him out and he imediatly prescribed blood preassure medication. I bought a machine to monitor it but I kept getting normal readings. I went back to the doctors office and nice sweat nurse got the same reading I did. I was concerned. I wasn't about to medicate myself when I did not have to. I told her what was going on, so she brought in her superior nurse. Her reading was 160/100. The younger nurse was baffled so she did it again 128/83. My blood pressure was going through swings based on who was taking it. An argument ensued. They finally took my blood pressure at the same time. Booth of the them. Guess what it was? Yup the average of the 2. 145/90.

Now that I am aware of this strange affect, I can control it a bit, but it is slowly killing me. I work with 100s of people a day and my heart is beginning to show slight signs of swelling, now my hormones are getting screwed up. i am going to have to find a way to retire early.... Or die early . I'm only 33.

My sensitivities and the floods of information I get from body language and empathic understandings is literally killing me. As soon as my kids are grown in going to have to retire to the mountains.

I'm sorry to hear that Seeker, I hope somehow someway someone could find a way to help you with that. I know that can't be a fun condition to have.

I'm sorry to hear that Seeker, I hope somehow someway someone could find a way to help you with that. I know that can't be a fun condition to have.

It's not all that bad... It's more of a long term thing. Aside from starting to grow a left boob ( just a little one) . I'm also a skilled meditator so as fate would have it I have been perusing the verything that will be most effective at controlling it. I imagine one day not to far from now I will have concious control over my adrenal system. That's almost like a super power. :D

Besides I have a perfectly good reason to sell my business and retire to be a Gardner and write a book and let my wife work :D

Edited by Seeker79

I actually have synaesthesia...in my case, I associate tastes and colors. (I can rarely eat any food that tastes pink to me. I can't think of the ones that really grate on me right now, but if I do, I'll post about them.) Certain months have distinct colors, too. There are other things as well.

fascinating and thank you..rarely do i hear many new words i can sink my teeth into and research :) i really want to know about this, i have never heard of it, very cool...

for myself, of course i have this weird sense of smell; i can smell well, 'bad things' on people, in an area..it is pretty much always accurate too, which is a bit disconcerting..

also, i can hear events before they happen...like only a few minutes, maybe an hour or so, will hear people's voices and of course no one there...and darned if they don't say the same things when they do show up; i have always had that happen, but it does seem a bit more frequent lately

as to the one poster, you are right it is not 'powers'; everyone is different, so everyone has different things, i guess...but to say that no one has any unusual abilities is not logical...and kind of a waste of good air space imo

• Like 1

@Seeker: Well I wish you luck on the meditation, I think you will be able to control it...I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I always try and remember that there are people with health problems way worse than mine...quadraplegics and paraplegics, for example (which I almost became after my accident). I didn't know at first if you were a man or a woman, so it's nice to know.

Well, I try and remember, we have a LOT to be thankful for if we can even just wake up to a new day in a country like America (I better be careful I'm sliding into politics here). Anyway, if you can retire, that'd be nice, I'm retired myself although I'm thinking of getting a part time job. If the Mrs. doesn't mind working, that's good too...best regards to you both!

for myself, of course i have this weird sense of smell; i can smell well, 'bad things' on people, in an area..it is pretty much always accurate too, which is a bit disconcerting..

I felt like I just had to ask you, when you say you can smell bad things on people, you mean more than just B.O. or bad odors? I just wonder if you wouldn't mind clarifying what you meant...I thought you might mean you could smell bad vibes or bad spirits on them.

You do not need technology to prove psychic abilities, you might be able to reinforce that proof or detect 'other' abnormalities but surely all you need is two people and an impartial witness.

if they proved there are auras, they proved that aura viewing is real. so technology proved a psychic ability exists. as many of us "believers" believe, there are certain brain waves and areas in the brain associated with abilities, and you release energy while using abilities, so technology could prove that as well. yes, two people will definitely work, but it's definitely possible.

I can't find any cases she has solved, could you point me to any? I am not impressed with the content of her website though (if I have the right Carole Wilson), photos of orbs do not really add to her credibility as a psychic.

i'm just going by what i've read and heard. according to what i've read and heard, she does work throughout Britain, Canada, and America. So i assumed she was the real deal. i agree that orbs don't add to her credibility. lol. anyway, i've heard of psychics that work with the police force, but idk who they are. i only remembered her. well, i'm getting tired of talking about this, so bye! :)

Edited by number22