Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most revolting things you've ever eaten?

Skeptic Chicken

• 1 month later...

Even though I enjoy eating them, I would have to go with hot dogs, or sausages. I don't even want to know what is in them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm back with some more. It's been so long, can't remember if I said any of these.

- Microwaved chicken fillets and the sort. When they're intended to be crispy and solid, but instead they are soggy and bendable. It's ok if its like little pieces of just chicken, like diced bits that were originally cooked in a pan.

- Soapy carrots. Ya know how carrots are sweet n' nice? Well think of a carrot, but it tastes like soap. Seriously.

- Fish fillets that are cooked in a pan when wet. Ugh. Or to make it more clear, fish fillets that contain the juices when coated with crumbs. So so so so so soggy. Ever since being introduced to a big chunk o' atlantic salmon, like a beef steak, except the fishy kind, I cannot stand most fish. They have to be meaty for me, not little thinly filleted things.

- I like pasta, and pasta dishes, but I had a creamy carbonara the other night, and it was just like chunks of chicken, fettuccine pasta, and diced bacon in a mixture of flour and milk. The sauce had absolutely no taste to it what-so-ever. So this vote goes to things that don't have the taste that their meant to.

- When a picture at a resteraunt shows a nice, fresh burger with crisp salad in it in a picture on the menu, then it turns up to me as a nice, perfectly cooked patty, a nice burger, with a perfect sludge of what I presume is meant to be lettuce onto of the patty. DIG IN! (100% of those 2 sentences was sarcasm)

When I was a kid the neighbors and I played this game where one team could put anything they wanted into a bottle and the other team had to try it. We played it only a couple times (wonder why?). Anyway, I hate to guess what the other team put in it, since I know what we put in ours :blush: . Unfortunately, we were too young to think to add liquor or it might not have been such a bad game, and lasted through high school :tsu: .

Worst thing I remember eating was lambs brains in a cheesy sauce at a french restaurant. I generally like to try different things and I thought it might taste ok since it was at an expensive place but it was really horrible.

I went to Hong Kong a few weeks ago and saw they had Jellyfish on the menu. I was very tempted to try it but I wanted to compare the sweet n sour pork they had with the cheap chinese restaurant back at home, so I went for that. It was yum. But I wish now I had actually tried Jellyfish.

Anyway, lambs brains. yuk.

Nothing too fancy for me, just a bowl of french onion soup. It tasted not bad to begin with but then I found it very strong and struggled to finish the rest. It didn't like me either, I wasn't well afterwards. Now just the thought of it makes me shudder, but I love onions and still eat them.....weird that.

Almost every desert I ate while in Turkey. They were almost all set gels, mousses and jelly's with disturbing textures and an excess of sugar syrup. They looked amazing but had amost no flavour and horrible texture.

Strangely enough the set milk jelly stuff was kinda nice... though it looked like a bowl of.. i aint going thier, it made other almost sick, they could not swallow it, but i found it very pleasant.

• Like 2

One time I forgot to pay my electric bill so they cut of my power.All my food was stuff that needed to be cooked so I attempted to make mac & cheese by soaking the noodles in water &then mixing in the cheese powder..... I wasn't hungry enough to eat that garbage once I tasted it.

• Like 1

When I was little, I ate about 1/4 of a box of sesame seed crackers. At that point my mom stopped me because there were weevils in the box. I have not been able to eat sesame seed crackers since.

I hate anchovies and slimy soggy fish urgh! Anything coated in batter ugh! Also my Nan loved tripe in vinegar and insisted I ate it! Oh my that is about the worst food on this planet. The worst thing I have ever seen anyone eat, was when my twin and I were in Majorca.she bought some Riveata crackers. She took a bite and sort of just stopped and looked at me with horror and spat it out. We looked at the offending cracker and it was covered in crunchy dead maggots! Uuuuuuuurgh *shudder* :w00t:

I nearly ate the string that is torn from flour bags to make bread at school once! Totally spoilt the hot dog experience. O.o

Capers, tried, can't do it! Not Even going to bother with Lutefisk, the though of is makes me ill. Oh and any form of offel! Accept the head juice in a really good prawn, that's stuffs gold.

Yet to try a real life truffle.

Almost every desert I ate while in Turkey. They were almost all set gels, mousses and jelly's with disturbing textures and an excess of sugar syrup. They looked amazing but had amost no flavour and horrible texture.

Strangely enough the set milk jelly stuff was kinda nice... though it looked like a bowl of.. i aint going thier, it made other almost sick, they could not swallow it, but i found it very pleasant.

Ugh, Turkish Delight... I hear you.. it's definitely NOT a delight is it? It reminds me of a local desert here that NO one likes... Applets and Cotlets. UGH. Dried jellied fruity nasty sweet with no flavor crap. Grim. I agree with you on Turkish deserts.

One of the funniest things I can recall seeing was my daughter, who was about 6, eating sweetbreads (thymus gland or sometimes it's pancreas too). We were at a friends wedding reception who are japanese, and because sweetbreads are a japanese delicacy, they had them on the buffet. One of the little grannies at the wedding was helping my daughter select some things for her plate and when she asked what it was this little japanese lady (she looked to be in her late 80s) said "sweetbread! You like!" of course hearing "sweet" was all my daughter needed. I almost said something to her, but instead decided to see how it would play out! LOL.

Yep, she popped it into her mouth and it didn't take more than a fraction of a second before it literally FIRED back out again... haha. I said "oh ho kiddo, you didn't like the sweetbreads?" She gave me the full stink -eye and simply said "It's not sweet" LOL.

hmm... haribos :P

Quite possibly this! But everyone thinks I'm weird for hatin' on the 'Bo. WHY?!

egg plant

Boiled, scrambled or fried?

One where the premise is very revolting, and I know it is, but I oddly like them; Rollmops! Raw herring (with skin!) roled up with onion in the middle and pickled. And that's it.

On the way down to a festival this year we stopped at a roadside service that sells lots of great stuff at an overinflated price. I bought this small game pie (quite similar to a pork pie), reading the label

"warning, may contain shot"

munch munch munch "ding"

Hmmmm....... Ptoo.

a bit of lead shot. Maybe not revolting, but a bit offputting hahaha.

The best one however HAS to be this: I went to a childminder who would chop up liver and throw that in her mince. Horrid! Liver should be fried, not stewed! That's one step away from tripe! :cry: Oh yeah..... and her "pasta" used to be this weird amorphic lump of bitter god-knows-what. The only way I could describe the taste would be stodgy grapefruit, but not refreshing.

Edited by Urisk

As far as I'm concerned there's only one contender...

That vile foodstuff called offal which is literally like eating your own insides.

Liver,hearts,kidneys and brains.It should be banned forthwith.

I don't really care if it's full of iron and stuff.

You can still get your five a day without enduring the offal ordeal.

• Like 1

Coffee grounds. There is a chemical reaction to eating coffee grounds...besides the desire to vomit violently, there is something in them that totally p***es me off!

The most revolting food I've ever eaten was ...wanna be...filet mignon. from Walmart...I don't know what the hell it was...but it looked like filet mignon...was sold as filet mignon...good god it wasn't filet mignon...stunk up the whole freakin' house...nasty as nasty can be!

Coffee grounds. There is a chemical reaction to eating coffee grounds...besides the desire to vomit violently, there is something in them that totally p***es me

Trust me. Thats nothing compared to when you don't wash your cup after a few coffees..

You end up getting this mould like growth which is a consequence of those grounds.

It feels like I'm cultivating a new lifeform but in reality it's just the coffee residue dying up.

Other than that coffee is truly the nectar of the gods.

Edited by Walnut Whip
  • Like 1

Wasabi.

It should be labelled "highly toxic" or something similar.

I swear you could burn a hole through glass with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasabi

A close relative of the Brassica vegetables I see....

You would think the way I react to Brussel Sprouts,Cabbage and Cauliflower you'll think they were toxic too.

However they are mere amateurs in the disgusting foods stakes compared with offal.

Offal related products like haggis,kebabs and black puddings also deserve a dishonoury mention.

Especially those slimy kebabs, the nightclubbers supper of choice.

Whatever happened getting snuggled up with a cup of cocoa!

Edited by Walnut Whip

I once put chocolate on a cheeseburger...

...it was a bad idea.

Ugh, Turkish Delight... I hear you.. it's definitely NOT a delight is it?

Turkish Delight, I love Turkish Delight! .....that is if it's the same as what I think you mean. It's available coated in chocolate too.

I once put chocolate on a cheeseburger...

...it was a bad idea.

You obviously havn't tried tomato sauce and brown sauce together.

Now that's a really bad idea.

You obviously havn't tried tomato sauce and brown sauce together.

Now that's a really bad idea.

I used to mix Tomato sauce and Mayonaise/Colsaw dressing (we use colsaw dressing instead of mayonaise, dont ask me why :P) when I was young. I can't remember what it tasted like, but I get this feeling it tasted like asophagus burning.

Turkish Delight, I love Turkish Delight! .....that is if it's the same as what I think you mean. It's available coated in chocolate too.

Good Turkish delight (nory locum) ,is AWESOME !