Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pacu, Testicle-Eating Fish, Found in Illinois

svenshoegazer

A testicle-eating fish was reportedly found in Lake Lou Yaeger in Litchfield, Illinois.

A fish with teeth, called a 'pacu,' was found in the lake, according to Illinois Department of Natural Resources.

According to KSDK, a fisherman caught a Pacu back on June 7th, while another man caught a pacu ten days later. While a Pacu poses no real threat to humans, Metro.co.uk reported two local men died in the river, after their testicles were eaten by a pacu fish.

http://www.opposingv...tm_medium=email

Anyone heard of this? It all sounds like something out of Weekly World New. Debunkers please Debunk!

Edited by svenshoegazer

Those teeth look almost human. If I was gonna be out of a boat to fish for them I'd want waders and a kevlar jock! Wouldn't want to be serving up the jewels as a snack :w00t:

• Like 3

The red-bellied pacu is the cousin of a very well-known fish that terrorizes swimmers in made-for-TV movies and on the big screen: the piranha. These family members sure know how to use their sharp teeth to make their prey scream for mercy. The red-bellied pacu, however, have squarer, straighter teeth more like those of humans, and they primarily use them to cut through vegetation growing in the water.

Holy crap....maybe the Red-Bellied Pacu think that Testicles are Water Chestnuts ;)

Edited by svenshoegazer
  • Like 4

The resemblance of their teeth in comparison to humans is uncanny and, quite frankly, disturbing. Lol @ people who say that evolution is b******s.

• Like 2

The resemblance of their teeth in comparison to humans is uncanny and, quite frankly, disturbing. Lol @ people who say that evolution is b******s.

Yes, on that episode of River Monsters it said that the locals are aware of the human like bite marks they leave, and so have attributed the bites to a human-like entity in the river. I don't exactly remember what.

• Like 2

Man if anything can prove Global Warming it would be tropical fish species living and thriving in our rivers in US.. :yes:

Anyone heard of this? It all sounds like something out of Weekly World New. Debunkers please Debunk!

There's nothing to bebunk, these fish are a known species of fish that have been relocated via cargo ship bilg water or were intentionally placed in the lake.

Nothing new here, we have species getting into areas all the time any more.

Yeah but eatting Testicals???

There's nothing to bebunk, these fish are a known species of fish that have been relocated via cargo ship bilg water or were intentionally placed in the lake.

Nothing new here, we have species getting into areas all the time any more.

Yeah but eatting Testicles though?? That is a pretty ballsy fish...(yeah I couldn't help myself) :w00t:

• Like 1

Arrrrgh! You guys.

• Like 1

It does not eat testicles......It was not found in a lake, as it lives in the ocean....

It is a sheepshead.

curiousfact11.jpg

SHTTH.jpg

The sheepshead, Archosargus probatocephalus, is a marine fish that grows to 30 in (760 mm), but commonly reaches 10 to 20 in. It is deep and compressed in body shape, with 5 to 6 dark bars on the side of the body over a gray background. It has sharp dorsal spines. Its diet consists of oysters, clams, and other bivalves, and barnacles, fiddler crabs, and other crustaceans.[1]. It has a hard mouth, with several rows of stubby teeth, which help crush the shells of prey.[citation needed]

Although the Sheepshead Bay section of Brooklyn, in New York City, was named after the fish[2], it is almost entirely a southern species: its range extends from the Mid-Atlantic to Texas[3]. As sheepshead feed on bivalves & crustaceans,[citation needed] successful baits include shrimp, sand fleas (molecrabs), clams, fiddler crabs, and mussels.[citation needed] Sheepshead have a knack for stealing bait, so a small hook is necessary.[citation needed] Locating sheepshead in a boat is not difficult: fishermen look for rocky bottoms or places with obstructions, and they try around jetties and the pilings of bridges & piers.[citation needed] The average weight of a sheepshead is 3 to 4 pounds, but some individuals reach the range of 10 to 15 pounds.[4] They are edible.

• Like 4

I knew it was a fishy story.....thanks Sakari :tu:

• Like 1

that is one disgusting looking fish say's it's edible i sure as hell wouldn't eat it.

• Like 2

I knew it was a fishy story.....thanks Sakari :tu:

Anytime :)

• Like 1

It does not eat testicles......It was not found in a lake, as it lives in the ocean....

It is a sheepshead.

I don't care what it eats, but I wouldn't suggest anyone to let that fish come near anybody's testicles. ha ha.

• Like 1

It is a sheepshead.

We grew up with a "sheepshead" in Lake Erie where they were also called freshwater drum. Don't remember their teeth though.

• Like 1

Maybe an opening in the soft plastic lure market for a creative fisher.. :whistle:

add 2 dangly, fleshy, round...uhh you noe wat :tu:

that is one disgusting looking fish say's it's edible i sure as hell wouldn't eat it.

who would wanna eat a fish tat has eaten a mans testicle? :no: it would take a veeeeeeery hungry person to wanna eat tat fish :yes:
  • Like 1

So, me and the boys are safe then? I was just about to cancel my trip to Illinois.

• Like 1

i was talking about the sheepshead, which does not eat testicles...

Until, it eats your testicles.

• Like 1

Ok, so maybe it was a gay sheepshead?

I'm just saying......

Just the same; thanks for the ichthyological lesson Mr. Lotus! That made more sense than most things in this thread.

Just the same; thanks for the ichthyological lesson Mr. Lotus! That made more sense than most things in this thread.

Well, there you go, wanting things to make sense and being all serious and stuff. Jeez, what is this board coming to these days?