Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is your background music?

_Only

Okay, most of us don't have an actual entrance song, unless we're royalty, or a professional wrestler or something. But I remember when I used to listen to Loveline, Adam Carolla used to joke about the song he wishes was his theme song when he entered a room. He fantasized that he would be walking into a party in slow motion, high fiving and pointing to people, as all looked in his direction in awe. Or another of his fantasies was climbing out of his Ferrari to a red carpet crowd, and flipping his sunglasses down off his eyes. It was this song (I'm amazed I somehow found the song on a fraction of a memory):

Then the joke was that that would be what he heard and saw in his head, while everyone else heard clown music.

So the question is, what do you wish your background music, or "entrance theme" was? And you can describe your grand fantasy entrance if you'd like for a few laughs.

Here is my current choice.

As the song starts a scene plays in slow motion. Picture a somewhat large, crowded room with people standing around talking and hanging out. Then at 0:22 the door gets thrown open, and all turn to see what the commotion is. I walk into the room. All stand in dumbstruck awe at my passing presence, then as I pass they look at each other in mutual admiration for my clearly natural awesomeness. Some raise their fists in excitement, some nod their head slowly with a knowing grin, others jaws drop in wonder. I simply walk on through the room. I know they're worshipping me back there; that's life. :P

[media=]

What's your song?

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

always wanted to come out to this song when i was still training for competitive boxing

would easily still be my entrance theme or background music.

Okay, wow.

How about is this for odd coincidences.

I started listening to your song and thinking how cool an entrance song it would be. So I thought it would be funny to pick an MMA fighter entrance to mute and listen to your song while watching, because I used to be into watching MMA. I chose Fedor Emelianenko, because he was known as more or less the baddest fighter around. So I muted the video before it loaded, and played your song while I watched it. It fit, as it would.

But then I saw the top comment on the Fedor video page:

"Didin doe dawh bop bop bop bop" ..lmao bas rutten loves this song he said it was the best entrance when fedor fought"

I was like wait.. this song is doing that. Then I turned your song down, and turned up that video's music...

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vslLU-2BvWs[/media]

Mind****! :w00t:

edit: Also I'm laughing at the commentary in the video. This is a crazy world, man.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

haha indeed thats why i chose it fedor is one of my favorite fighters of all time (mma wise) it fit him perfectly (his second intro song is badass as well) this song just makes me feel that anyone standing infront of me is more than likely ****ting their pants

i would use this one too but id also use this one for ****s and giggles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM_fUEz3UP8

I'll keep the entrance fantasy to myself but the music would be AAron Copeland Fanfare for the Common Man

• Like 1

always wanted to come out to this song when i was still training for competitive boxing

[media=]

[/media]

would easily still be my entrance theme or background music.

I have a friend who got into professional fighting, and for the life of me I can't remember what the name of it was, or who sang it, but the song he had was a lot like this one. I used to be into boxing, but I've never even considered what I would've wanted my "theme" to be. I know when I was in school one year on the basketball team a rap song came out called 'Black and Yellow', and our school colors were black and yellow/gold, so we played it at least once on our system during every home game that season.

• Like 1

thats cool is your friend fighting amateur, still training, or has he gone pro?

for entrance songs your theme should be what represents you when you go out to the ring, be it a relaxed almost sedated song to a high energy frantic song. however you feel if you've ever been in a ring just find the song that makes you wanna go out there and maim.

• Like 1

Here's my entrance theme:

• Like 3

Sorry for the double post.

Edited by StarMountainKid

Unwell by Matchbox 20 has been my theme song for a few years now. :P

• Like 2

*goofy music*

Haha, that was like Adam Carolla's "what all they hear" music.

Unwell by Matchbox 20 has been my theme song for a few years now. :P

I hear that beginning and imagine a 7th Heaven style drama opening credits. :P

thats cool is your friend fighting amateur, still training, or has he gone pro?

for entrance songs your theme should be what represents you when you go out to the ring, be it a relaxed almost sedated song to a high energy frantic song. however you feel if you've ever been in a ring just find the song that makes you wanna go out there and maim.

He did amateur for a while and was set up to get into big time pro, but one night he was at an ATM machine and someone tapped him on the shoulder and my friend turned around and a guy stuck a knife in him, so my friend punched him out and called 911, and he's alive but he can't do fighting anymore because the doctors said if he got hit around the area where they had to patch him up and all that, he could start bleeding internally and die pretty easily.Actually I think I'd be better off without a theme song. Anytime I stepped into the ring I tried to take 15 or 20 seconds to clear my head and set my focus on whoever I was fighting, and I think hearing a specific song every time would just be a distraction. Last time my roommate and I went WWE on each other in our apartment I put some Seether in my stereo and played 'Fake It'.

• Like 1

sorry to hear about your friend.

id have to disagree i think hearing different songs everytime would be a distraction but thats just my opinion haha.

Edited by Iron_Lotus

Me and my wife (her B-day was 2 weeks ago): we are like a techno party dance in the middle of a hot summer night (full moon outside on the 4th of July...or the humid rainy Friday the 13th-the third one in 2012). Appropriately the song's title "The 13th parallel" by Kelvin K and Jon Gray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrUR7N7umPc

Lizzy Borden - Me Against the World

Hmm, maybe I need to change mine to a song with a sweet bell ride in it.

my 1st thought was "no explanation necessary", but on 2nd thought........... my entrance music choice conveys that I've learned not to take myself too seriously......

http://youtu.be/YOsl6ZqTus8?hd=1

Edited by Quarky

Hmm, maybe I need to change mine to a song with a sweet bell ride in it.

Don't get it, explain?

Don't get it, explain?

A bell ride sound is the sound made when you hit a ride cymbal in a drum set at just the right center spot, making a bell sound. Popular in 80's era heavy metal songs like yours. It's probably my favorite sound in a drum set, when done like it is in your video. There is a sweet spot on the cymbal.

http://www.ehow.com/video_2388224_play-ride-cymbal-apron-vs.html

Example (and one of my favorite drumming songs) at 5:18 this song:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxftrePf7I0&feature=related[/media]

Paradise.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1