Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Momunments Of Mars

Saru

There has been considerable controversy regarding the photographs taken by NASA of the Cydonia Region of Mars. Apart from the face ( which has recently been debunked ), the region was home to a collection of very straight pyramid like objects. Scientific investigations into these objects showed that if the pyramids where joined up, they formed several right angled triangles in a repeating pattern. The odds of this occuring naturally were stated to be several billion to one. Is this what NASA have been covering up regarding Mars ? and could this be linked to the Pyramids of Egypt in some way ? Ultimately, if the Mars pyramids are real, then they could only have been constructed by an Intelligent Alien Race.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Magikman

• Homer

• reese92

What about time travellers? Isn't that an alternative to the alien hypothesis? Could not there be something to the supposedly fictional _Alternative 3_ story of slave labor on Mars?

Or not.

It's certainly possible that time travelling humans may have created monuments on Mars in the past so we would see them in the present, however the purpose for doing that is questionnable. Maybe such a thing would be intended as a warning to us of some disaster in the future. Who Knows.

• 1 month later...

I have done a great amount of studying up on this one, and I have seen those photos.  I feel as though it could be some warning too.  I think that people see what they want regardless of proof.  I feel for anyone who doesn't have atleast the barest of insight.

• 1 month later...

Another thought would be that if they are created, by either aliens or time traveling humans, could they have created Earth's pyramids as well ???

That theory about a warning is something to think about. It could have been created by humans for humans. Perhaps those pyramid's (and even the face) have an entrance, and the inside has an abundance of artifacts. Or it might even have supplies or messages or something else useful to humans.

It just might be that the "face" was created just so people would notice it and investigate the surrounding structures, so that would be a priority to send a manned mission as soon a technology/funding becomes available. Then the true nature of the cydonia region just might be revealed.  :o

An interesting thought.

Homer

A couple of things to consider;

If these are indeed artifically built'structures', they are millions(maybe even tens of millions)of years old. There is very little atmosphere on Mars, and except for the sand-storms and bombardment of meteroites, erosion is far slower than what is witnessed on Earth. What would be the point for time-traveling humans to construct these 'monuments' so far in the past that they are barely recognizable by us today? If they are indeed from our future, they are aware of the history of our civilization, and therefore know of its impact upon us. Why be so obtuse?

There is just the slimest of possibilities that Mars was capable of sustaining life at one point. But life at what level? Did it ever get beyond a single cell amoeba? Even with an atmosphere much like Earth's, the environment would have been brutal. Don't forget, Mars is half again(142 million miles) further away from the Sun as Earth(92 million miles). Any civilization would have had an extremely tough time just surviving the elements, could/would they have wasted any of it building these so called structures?

Magikman

A couple more points to consider:

1) If the structures were created by an intelligent race, they could have been merely "visitors" to the planet and had perfected self contained domes to live in, sort of like the "biosphere", who's experiments have so far failed.

2) They could either be native to the planet, or "visitors", and lived in a vast network of underground cities.

Im not saying that I believe in these thoeries, because to be honest with you, Im not convinced one way or the other. Still...the "face" and especially the "pyramids" with their geometric angles...I find it hard not to believe.

Homer

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have a copy of those photographs of the pyramids? (On Mars) I would really like to see them...can I get a link?

Joe,

You may find some useful links HERE

In the meantime, not a picture of a martian pyramid, but this may cheer you up a bit.

CLICK HERE biggrin.gif

i saw a program about the pyramids, and how different civilisations who have not met (mayans, chineese, egyptians) could build similar archetecture because of the fact a pyramid can be build higher than a cube.