Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cats with ESP -- is that possible?

Karlis

Many cat owners believe they share a psychic connection with their cats

Two scientists investigated these claims with fascinating results. Through research, these scientists found that, in certain circumstances, cats have what we would call “extra sensory perception.”

Source

Do you have personal experiences with your cat's ESP abilities? If so, please tell us about that.

• Like 1

I wouldnt say they have esp, i just think they build up a connection from habit. we are all creatures of habit and move in different ways when in different moods.

I don't know whether these count as ESP, but here goes: I left a candle burning on my wood kitchen table one day and went to take a nap. It was supposed to be a short nap but I fell into a deep sleep. I was awakened by my cat nipping at me and meowing loudly (neither of which she ever did), and then jumping off the bed and going to the bedroom door. When I got up, opened the door, and walked out to the kitchen, I found that the candle had burned down and was just about ready to set the kitchen table afire.

When I had surgery, she would jump up on the bed and walk delicately down my side until she reached the spot where the dressing was. She'd snuggle up to my side to provide comfort. (I can hear it now: "She was just smelling the injured area." And maybe that was part of it. But it wasn't the only reason; she came to me to be with me and soothe me so that I forgot about the pain.)

She used to come to my side at night if I had nightmares, too, and spend the rest of the night with me.

So yeah, I do think cats have ESP. In fact, I think they have it to a greater extent than most humans.

Edited by lizzieboo
  • Like 2

I have often wondered what my cats sense. I am very good at going to the door just as my cat is reaching the porch to come inside - no, I can't see my porch from inside the house.

It worked with a previous cat too, she liked jumping fences and entering through the back door. I would get up to get a coffee (kitchen being adjacent to the back door) and see her jumping the fence and heading straight for me just as I enter the kitchen.

Of course, I have plenty of anecdotes about how cats either haven't got a clue what you're thinking or just don't care, sometimes they can be really obtuse too eg: when you tell them to get off your seat and they just stare with "yeah, make me" face for instance - thinking they can win that one is pretty dumb, I just pick them up and plonk them on the ground hehe.

Whatever is going on, fact is cats are therapeutic when you're down. Petting a cat while it's purring on your lap can't help but settle any nerves and relax a person imo.

• Like 3

i like cats.

but as for ESP it could just be that they know our habits.

then again, they say animals are the first to know, like earthquakes etc.

not a bad thaught

thanks OP.

• Like 1

My cat is very insightful, she knows what is going on with me before I do. She lets me know when I am over tired and in danger of falling. I don't think it is esp, but my wife told me 15 minutes before I would get home from work the cat would know I was coming even when stopped and did the shopping and was late. She is picking up on something we don't understand.

• Like 1

Yes I believe cats and many other animals have a special connection to their humans...

My cat and dog know when I'm having seisures or even when my sugar goes too high...she always comes running and puts her paw on me and starts tapping me with a quite meow, while my dog lays down beside me and waites, as if to say ... somethings wrong? I take their warnings and check sugar or lay down before I have a seisure ..she and my dog both know before I do. Nither one have been trained to do this.

So yes they know some how... weather ESP or What?

• Like 1

Yes, I believe cats have ESP. They sense energies beyond our own five senses. Notice how a cat will sometimes look around your skin boundaries rather than at you? They're seeing your aura. I had a friend who was ridiculously psychic and whenever we'd go on a walk through a neighborhood, damn near every cat would come right up to her, do the look-around thing and beg for her attention.

I used to have a ghost in the apartment, knew it was there before I got two cats (now just have one), it would chase both cats, absolutely terrorized them.

I've been told I have fairies around me and I've noticed when I'm busy and can't give my cat enough attention, they (I feel like it's them) will play with him. These aren't teeny little flying bugs that we normally don't see, you know how cats chase them and we think the cats are just bonkers. What I see on a regular basis is a pattern with very specific behaviors on his part. His eyes get big, his ears go back, he watches things move and dart around, paws at them when they get close, and then the back-and-forth chasing begins.

Once I thought my cat was lost, not long after my best friend moved in with her dogs, and their barking and rambunctiousness scared him a lot. I've known the dogs forever and one had come out of a bad situation before moving in; she was scared and sad so I was giving her a lot of attention. Then one night my cat disappeared and I thought he'd gotten outside. He couldn't last outside 3 minutes, I was so worried! I asked him where he was and waited for a response; what I saw in my third eye was his body with him hunching his back like he wanted to be petted, and then a clear vision of the dog's face. Turns out he'd found a really good hiding spot in the house, but he was telling me that he wanted me to give him attention like I was giving the dog, that he was scared and sad.

• Like 1

I just became the proud owner of a cat named "Betty", given to me by my cousin, so I'm anxious to see if I can pick up any thing like this from her. More than likely, she'll pick it up from me, ha ha.

i read somewhere that humans and cats can have a telepathic connection because, like us, cats' brains produce alpha brainwaves (associated with telepathy). don't know if it's true though. i had a smart ass cat when i was twelve, but i never noticed us having a connection. i think it depends on the owner's brainwaves. i also read that some cats are intuitive. i've heard stories and know of people who have cats that have saved them by pure intuition. i think they do have it, but people just put it off as "animal instincts" or coincidence.

i also just read that cats see auras better than any living thing. "Cats have been known to sense and correct negative energy wherever they find it. This is why most people feel a sense of peace and inner tranquil when a cat is happy around them. Ask any cat owner and they will confirm this. This inner happiness is not the same as seeing a dog happily welcoming back from work; it is something deeper.

This is because cats sense negative energy and have the ability to correct it. In her book, ‘Buckley’s Story – Lessons from a Feline Master Teacher’, Ingrid King, a Veterinary Hospital Manager turned author talks at length about the role of cats in healing. She is at present, the top contributing writer to Dr Marty’s Becker’s (a leading writer on Pet Behavior) Pet Connection Magazine and Blog.

She tells vivid stories about the times when her cat intuitively came in during Reiki sessions to complement the energies required for healing of pets and humans. Initially, Ingrid thought it was coincidence, but then she realized that whenever she felt her energies were not enough for the healing her cat would come in and curl around the ‘client’ with just the right amount of energy.

In humans, the cat senses when the aura and energies are negative, and by entering into it can correct it thereby provide healing therapy before any illness comes through. Most people agree that after they adopted a cat or cats, the energy in their house felt more peaceful and they balanced."

Edited by number22

• 4 years later...

I know it sounds weird but I can feel when my cat is at the door or near it wanting in from outside. It feels almost like when someone you don't see is standing close to you but it feels more like a pulling from a distance.