Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has this ever happened to you?

onceaskeptic

I love to write. It's almost all I do, besides play with my baby sister and eat :P

For a couple of years, I've tried to write one in particular, starting with a girl in a cafe, who loves to draw (blah, I based her on me) and a guy (with long hair and glasses) comes up to her and randomly starts talking. The get along great and talk often. I can never seem to finish it, though. Also, he's usually in his early twenties, and she's 15. (It's just a story, don't flip :3)

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I was sitting in the cafe of a books a million with my older sister. She ended up walking away (since all I wanted to do was read) and a guy- with long hair and glasses- sat down at my table and started talking to me.

We really hit it off, that is, until I found out he was 20. And I'm 15. He looked younger and apparently I looked 18 (a lot of people say so, probably because I don't dress like a teenager :PPP) and, well, since he was VERY obviously flirting, I told him that I was too young for him. He said that's okay, and gave me his number. We ended up texting for about 3 days straight, about nothing and everything, all day every day. I really, really liked him, and we had a connection, blah blah blah.

Around the point in the story where I'd stop writing because I'm stuck (about a week into the story, the same time that we'd slowed down the texting), he stopped texting me completely. Like, just cold-turky. Like I'd stop writing, cold-turky.

I have no interest in continuing the story, nor talking to him, but that seems like a very odd coincidense. Just thought I'd share, and get opinions. What do you guys think?

To me just a weird coincidense, but you never know.

Thanks OP.

Maybe you should write about a guy on the internet called everlearning who won the euromillions :)

it Is freaky that you wrote those things and they came true. Girls who were my friends when i was 15, dated older guys and they seem cool but its not untill you get to his age and realise that its actually pretty messed up to date some one that much younger than you. Im sure your a lovely woman and i know you will follow your own heart but i just thought id say cus most of the girls i know who went out with oldermen, the relationships ended badly as they realised these men were immature and that was the reason they didnt go out with girls there own age.

Edited by Ever Learning
  • Like 6

Maybe you should write about a guy on the internet called everlearning who won the euromillions :)

:w00t: Brilliant! :lol:

Hey, when you're done with that, write about a guy on the internet called booNyzarC who won the Power Ball! w00t!! :D

• Like 1

xD Right. It was just a coincidence, I think :3

Or else, I'd be out hunting vampires because I used to write those kinds of stories too xD

it Is freaky that you wrote those things and they came true. Girls who were my friends when i was 15, dated older guys and they seem cool but its not untill you get to his age and realise that its actually pretty messed up to date some one that much younger than you. Im sure your a lovely woman and i know you will follow your own heart but i just thought id say cus most of the girls i know who went out with oldermen, the relationships ended badly as they realised these men were immature and that was the reason they didnt go out with girls there own age.

The reason I'm fine with no longer contacting him is because HE was fine with sneaking out to meet me, alone at the mall (which I didn't do). ^_^ He's a total creeper, and to be honest that's basically the same way the guy in my story way. Things seem MUCH more romantic on paper >_>

To me just a weird coincidense, but you never know.

Thanks OP.

OP means 'original poster' right? O_o Why thanks?

:w00t: Brilliant! :lol:

Hey, when you're done with that, write about a guy on the internet called booNyzarC who won the Power Ball! w00t!! :D

Your post made me laugh! Haha ^_^

• Like 1

if everything u are writing comes true and u think tat hes bothering u just write 'and one day he mysteriously disappeared off the face of the earth'. or if u like him then write 'and we happily got married' imo i think its just coincidence.

That would be freaky coincidence.

That would be freaky coincidence.

Yep. I wonder what would've happened if I'd finished the story. Considering my plan was to have the parents DIE and her sent to a mental-institute (by her grandparents, and yes, I was a VERY freaky person when I wrote that sotry xDD) I'm very glad I did not.

Probably a coincidence, but still it reminds me of automatism... like you zone out and delve into your subconscious, and express that in your story. The ages could be a coincidence, but you could have subconsciously "predicted" your future. (Inventing the future is the easiest way to predict it...)

Probably a coincidence, but still it reminds me of automatism... like you zone out and delve into your subconscious, and express that in your story. The ages could be a coincidence, but you could have subconsciously "predicted" your future. (Inventing the future is the easiest way to predict it...)

I'm pretty sure it was a coincidence, haha. It's pretty neat though. Although, if I think about it, a lot of my stories that I never finished can relate to things happening recently. Not as much as this one, but somehwat. :P

• Like 1

This reminds me of something. I had a boyfriend a looong time ago who liked to sketch. He was pretty good at it too. One day my friend and I were at his place going through his sketch books and my friend noticed a picture of a girl who looked so much like me. He had done the sketch almost a year before we even met, so either it was a subconscious prediction or coincedence, who knows. That or I guess there's a possibility he could have been stalker material...:lol:

This reminds me of something. I had a boyfriend a looong time ago who liked to sketch. He was pretty good at it too. One day my friend and I were at his place going through his sketch books and my friend noticed a picture of a girl who looked so much like me. He had done the sketch almost a year before we even met, so either it was a subconscious prediction or coincedence, who knows. That or I guess there's a possibility he could have been stalker material... :lol:

That's awesome! :) If he's really talented with drawing, maybe that's why. (So he can predict the future-ness xD)

Maybe everyone's artistic talents secretely mean something special, and like... Mona Lisa is going to take over the world one day? O-o

sounds like a sinister coinkidink to me! :P sometimes coincidences can be spooky :P stuff like that happens to me a lot n_n

OP means 'original poster' right? O_o Why thanks?

Your post made me laugh! Haha ^_^

yeah it means original poster, the thanks is just a polite thing LOL

yeah it means original poster, the thanks is just a polite thing LOL

Oh xD Alright.

Actually, that's not so odd, at least not for me any way. I too write and on four occasions I have had ideas for a great story and while I was working on the story I discover a movie or another book with the exact same story line has popped onto the scene.

p***es me off, but then that's the way of it. Creative minds often come up with similar story lines when working in sci-fi.

• 2 weeks later...

now im going to get crazy on this mo and say tht u made your self a reality separate from the other >.>

:no: no but it was probably just a creepy coincidence :tu:

• 1 month later...

Interesting! Beyond the hair and glasses, did you "flesh out" what the guy would look like when you started writing, and, if so, did the real guy look like him?

You know there is something called "The law of attraction." A theory that we attract what we what we hold in our thoughts. I have done it several times looking back now. Sure it could have been coincidences but it just seemed odd that I would think of certain things and people and waa laa they happened. Not too far fetched to believe the power of thought is greater than we know. Now if only I could attract the winning lotto numbers I would be set! :)

Edited by stargazer123
  • Like 1

It might be a coincedence, it might not be. It would be awesome if it wasn't :D

I don't know why but this kinda reminded me of an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch where one of her Aunts has a magical typewriter and she's trying to write a story and what she types comes to life...

Sorry I'm babbling on haha

I was doing a research paper for psychology on the effects of prescription drugs. And how many may react differently, blah blah. Point is, I chose to base my paper on Charles Whitman. Well i talked about how his early life, then what lead up to the shootings, then after. Turned in, 87. not too bad. Well then my Uncle went and shot 18 people, while under his prescrition medication.No one died, thankfully. He turned his self in shortly after, but i sure do wish i didnt write that paper. Even though i know it has nothing to do with what he did, it was just so weird. So i know a little bit about how you feel. :)

• 3 weeks later...

There's an episode of Night Gallery (one of my favorites) that goes something like that. It's called Midnight Never Ends and is an awesome episode.

Very cool story! You should test it out again next time you feel inspired to write. You may be tapping into some inner sense of things coming down your path??? Or maybe it is like the Secret theories??? I don't know.

Similar things have happened to me a bunch of times years - with creative writing, portraits and landscapes from imagination. My children and their dad are aware of it. There have been so many coincidences that I won't write or paint anything destructive or negative. Someone once asked me to paint a surreal, destructive landscape. I tried to explain that I couldn't do that for them, but I didn't want to give my real reason. I just said I won't paint or write anything negative. The person continued to pressure me about it. My brother who was there (and whom I never talked to about these coincidences) just eyed me and smiled and said flat out - She doesn't want to paint that because she's afraid it will come true. He knew because I a few years earlier to this conversation, I had painted his future backyard 3 months before he saw the property. I remember his jaw dropped when he walked into my house a few days after he put an offer in and saw his new backyard hanging on my living room wall! I guess it stuck with him. It happened with my own future home too. I painted a landscape from imagination. Two years later we bought property and built a house in another state. A few months after moving in, my husband took the kids out for a walk through the woods beyond our property. They all came rushing in the house an hour later all excited saying they walked right into my painting and it's just beyond the woods outside our property! An abstract I had painted about the same time turned out to be a funky map of the neighborhood we moved to.

I realize these things are probably just coincidence, it's still pretty cool! But I would definitely tap into your creative side as much as possible! If you can keep it light, like you did - then it's really cool to see when the coincidence surfaces!