Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

8:38. The mystery number.

crispi

Hi there.

Since I remember, I've seen, hear, dream weird stuff. Stuff like, I dream of a white car pulling over and a woman talking on the phone getting out of it.... and next day, first thing in the morning, there's a white white car bla bla.. exactly as I dreamed. Stuff like that happens very often.

Sometimes, I ask myself questions and I get answers from my surroundings. Could be a guy yelling something (the answer to my question), a CD gets stuck in a repeating loop, repeating over and over again an answer to my question, a car carrying a huge sign passes next to me and the sign is the answer. That also happens very often, I mean, really freaking often.

But what I'm about to say, I think that is bigger than all that combined.

I've been seeing the number 8:38 almost everywhere for more than 11 years. It all began in Cuba (I'm Cuban) when I was still dating who today is my wife. No matter how much time I took in the shower, having dinner or brushing my teeth, getting ready to go see my girlfriend (todays wife), I left home every night at 8:38PM. That was when I first started noticing the numbers. But the number would keep appearing everywhere until now.

8 years ago we came to the U.S. I played the powerball for years, always playing the 38 as the power ball (I thought that a spirit was kinda helping me, but that wasn't the case).

After 8 years living in the U.S. I'm 38 years old. I let my hair grow for 8 years and I cutted it off about four months(after I finished college) ago at the age 38, also got my Bachelors of science (for the second time, my first one is from Cuba, 1997) at the age 38, quit smoking (after 22 years smoking) at age 38, I found out that my wife has been cheating on me at the age 38, I'm already becoming single again at the age 38.

Those are quite big changes in a person's life, and during a pariod of only 4 months. I still have another full month before I turn 39 and hopefuly the changes will stop.

What do you guys think? Any similar experience? Any advice?

Edited by crispi

Well, a lot of stuff happens to us over the course of any given year. I think you're just putting a lot of significance on things happening to you right now.

As far as 8:38 goes - well, it happens twice a day and generally at about the time most of us are starting/ending our day.

Hi there.

We all have internal clocks, more like the subconscious is aware of time passing. That is how you always leave home at the same time. (This is my opinion)

The rest I can't really explain, coincidence? Maybe you should try your hand at gambling, I am sure you would make a killing at the roulette table.

An articles comes too mind- A coin flipping heads a thousand times in a row is possible, but statistically improbable.

I think your incidents with 8:38 are just coincidental and emphasised by your curiosity with this set of numbers. Most of us see 8:28 quite a bit as Rafterman mentions.

What about the '11 years', 'four months', 'second time', '1997', '22 years'? There are no 3's or 8's in there.

Good luck with your current situation, I do believe things will be better for you once you are 39.

Do not try your hand at gambling.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

So this just proper messed me up. Thanks for that!

You should have got your post in then and there!

Yeah I've had the same sort of experiance but with number 148. My door number is 148 but at the time the 8 was cut in half. But ever since the 8 got repaired I kept landing on 1:48 checking the time on tv and my clock.. that's when I lost my job.. but then it started happening again when I started working evenings I always got home at 1:48. It is weird its like your mind is focused on that time and make you check. I work days now so I never see it at all.

Edited by Ronseal