Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

~Headbangers Lounge~

777MileStare

Just a cool pic I found on the net, of Slayer, rockin' their

sh it. Brings back that feeling of being at a live concert.

4781380911_65cfa044ca.jpg

It reminds me of a good memory of taking a trip with two of my friends to Concord, and sneaking on someone's land to climb up a hill to see a concert at the Concord Pavilion. It was Marilyn Manson, Slayer, and some other band. When we arrived Slayer was playing. I remember we couldn't hear it well, and just barely see, but Angel Of Death started to play, and it felt great. Us running away back to my car when security way below came to the fence in our area was fun too, and I still feel bad for laughing at the memory of one of my friends just absolutely slamming down to the ground after tripping on something. He skinned upo his arm pretty badly, but he lived.

• Like 2

Am I the only female on here?? I feel I'm intruding on like male bonding or something lol I didn't really see any other females when I looked in past posts :(

I think its awesome that there are women out there with a taste for heavier music. Kudos to you! Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard the new Prong? It's friggin awesome......

"Revenge Served Cold"

Got the new times today and we got Rob Zombie coming Sept 28th baby!! I'm so excited!! Soulfly is here Aug 2nd but the venue sucks! It's an indoor venue :td:

• Like 1

Got the new times today and we got Rob Zombie coming Sept 28th baby!! I'm so excited!! Soulfly is here Aug 2nd but the venue sucks! It's an indoor venue :td:

Soulfly would be a good show. I always enjoy any project by the Cavaleras...even if it is mostly nostalgic. If any of you all ever get the chance to go see Meshuggah, its an amazing show. Best concert I've ever been to.

• Like 1

I was trying to post some amazing video of the Avenged Sevenfold concert I was at but it won't let me.... I just think its kinda funny, I recorded on my phone and I had a drink or 5 lol but you can hear me screaming *ahem* I mean singing along lol they had one of the coolest set up on the stage I've ever seen though. I haven't seen too many bands that put too much into their stage appearance, so I thought it was kind of neat.

I was trying to post some amazing video of the Avenged Sevenfold concert I was at but it won't let me.... I just think its kinda funny, I recorded on my phone and I had a drink or 5 lol but you can hear me screaming *ahem* I mean singing along lol they had one of the coolest set up on the stage I've ever seen though. I haven't seen too many bands that put too much into their stage appearance, so I thought it was kind of neat.

Ha, I found a random video on YouTube of a concert I went to 12 years or so ago with me in it. I'm the gangly teen on stage in the beginning in the Misfits shirt. :lol:

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

Ha, I found a random video on YouTube of a concert I went to 12 years or so ago with me in it. I'm the gangly teen on stage in the beginning in the Misfits shirt. :lol:

[media=]

[/media]

The kid in the baseball cap and skull shirt who was stage diving...that's you?? Wook how cute wo awe ahaha that's crazy though. Where you tripping out when you seen yourself in the video? I think I would kind of trip out if I seen me in one.

I remember Bloodbaths "So You Die" frigging great death metal song, absolutely frightening. :tsu:

Please say you don't headbang to Greenday.

I do.

Oh boy.......now what? How about some Lacuna Coil? Or Arch Enemy, headbang to that.....

No time to headbang to Lacuna Coil. Too busy finger drumming; my favorite driving pastime; left middle finger snare, right middle bass, right index 2nd bass for the double bass, lol. God, I need a drum set again.

edit: But don't rip on Green Day around me. I have a soft spot for my locally started trio of goons from Berkeley. I am proud of their success. I think Billie Joe's mom still waitresses at the restaurant 2 corners from my street in my nearby city, too.

I eagerly await their upcoming new album.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

Ghost Brigade - IMO the masters of dark, heavy, yet melodic, ambient, and beautiful scandinavian metal. Nothing blazingly technical happening here, which is unusual because thats normally what i like. This is just really, really effective metal songstering. I hope you like it.

• Like 3

What an amazing video. Really atmospheric and beautiful, even with its dark theme.

edit: Just finished the video. I take back the dark theme part, and emphasize the beautiful.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

What an amazing video. Really atmospheric and beautiful, even with its dark theme.

edit: Just finished the video. I take back the dark theme part, and emphasize the beautiful.

They are a really solid band. A really good example of a band that creates songs that are more than just a sum of their parts. Songs that are built to imbue a certain ambience and atmosphere. I have a lot of appreciation for that. Sure there are days where what I want is to revel in the brain candy that comes from a band like Meshuggah, Between the Buried and Me, or The Contortionist - but some days what I want is very well-crafted nourishing metal like Ghost Brigade. I'd highly recommend any of their albums. I have the most experience with Isolation Songs so it would be at the top of my list, but the others are just as good from the limited access I've had to them.

I really only go to see local bands anymore... these guys, for pure, raw, headbanging, speedmetal, are my favorite. Unfortunately they only play twice a year here in their home town due to their management keeping them on the road so much (their drummer and guitarist are also in KMFDM):

[media=]

[/media]

LOVE these guys! Their singer Alx is a freakin' wildman. I watched that guy take dive off a speaker stack and break his shoulder during a show about 2 years ago, that crazy little dude had us tie his arm up, and he finished the set before he went to the hospital! I think they're one of the most fun bands to see live.

If they wander through your town, in some dirty tavern, go see 'em! You will not be disappointed! If I"m not mistaken, they're on tour right now with the Reverend Horton Heat.

Edited by MissMelsWell

New music from The Contortionist. Amazing. Absorb it, understand it. These guys are expanding the limits of what metal can accomplish musically.

Heh.. I'm rather fond of the radio show, House of Hair. You hear all kinds of fun stuff. I still kind of miss Headbangers Ball.

I totally miss Headbangers Ball! Once sat night was in full swing we always had that on. I did hate Riki Rachtman though...he was horrible.

The problem I have with metal is that it sooooo overwhelming. There are soooo many amazing bands and even more that I have yet to discover. It truly is a case of...too many bands too little time! But what a great problem.

Edited by ChewiesArmy
  • Like 1

[media=]

I love me some Katatonia - I'm a huge fan of Night is the New Day. Great album. Moonspell I'd not heard - the vocals are reminiscent of Type O negative. Much better production and tighter song structure though. cool post - thanks! :tu:

[media=]

[/media]

I finally saw the for the first time this summer. Great show! :w00t:

They are seriously one of the most fun bands to see live. I've seen them several times. Ace of Spades is like my least favorite song of theirs though. This might be my favorite... This song sounds like it should be on the soundtrack for a spaghetti western. It's a little slow for actual headbanging though... it's more the speed for pole dancing. LOL

• Like 1

Thanks for posting MissMelsWell, I miss talking to you....you have the best taste in music!!!!