Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

can animals sense when there are ghost?

Angelspawn5242

Animals Can Definitely Sense Something That Us Humans Can't .. And I'm Not Talking Only About Hearing Or Smelling Better .. Their Brains Are Tuned On A Somewhat Different Wave Lenghts .. Who Knows What They Can See/ Sense That We Can't ..

Really? What evidence do you have this? Unless there is a type technology to mind read an animal then translate it to be in human language that explains exactly what the animal is thinking and why it is thinking then there is no 100% way you can claim they see something beyond this world.

dogs hear better and smell better than we do,so of course they can sense things that we can't see!

dogs hear better and smell better than we do,so of course they can sense things that we can't see!

Yes but doesn't give them the power to smell/hear undead. People assume animals can by the way they are acting but it is mostly wishful thinking.

Really? What evidence do you have this? Unless there is a type technology to mind read an animal then translate it to be in human language that explains exactly what the animal is thinking and why it is thinking then there is no 100% way you can claim they see something beyond this world.

No evidence needed. Dogs and cats are now highly suspected (by the scientific community) to sense siezures, heart attackts, death, and even cancer cells. Why not spirit?

Because there is no solid evidence, I can say my gold fish can see/sense/feel paranormal. My statement is as valid as saying dogs can.

That's true but the difference is dogs/cats are apparently showing sensitivy to those things when goldfish are not.

We can't rule it out just yet.. keep an open mind. There are too many legit cases where animals have saved their owners based on sensitivy alone. The spook thing, you never know.

It depends. Remember the "Amityville Horror" case? Supposedly the family's dog would bark at seemingly nothing before they even realized there was something haunting them. I don't know if it's completely true though...

Edited by Tilig

I totally believe that animals can sense the things of this world and beyond that we can't. My dogs often exhibit behaviour which cannot be explained and this has led me to film my house on my night vision camcorder, and I have seen many orbs.

Many years ago I was a Police officer protecting the Royal family who were staying at a local stately home. I was working nights with my police dog who was as ferocious as they come. It was pitch black this night and so foggy that visibility was down to 10 yards or so. The fear at this time was the IRA so my dog was off the leash just a few feet in front of me.

Suddenly he growled, barked like mad, then took off running behind me. I suspected what the problem was so I called him back but the same thing happened again. He would not go forward.

I put him on the leash and we went forward together. It was as I suspected and about 20 yards in front of us was a stone statue in the grounds of the stately home.

I fully know the senses a german shepherd dog has but I think smell had nothing to do with it (neither a ghost as well). There were dozens of statues but the dog ignored all these except for this one. The smell of the statue would have long since merged with the surroundings.

I put the problem down to a disturbance someway in the air or in electrical stimulation. Anyhow, it goes to show that animals can detect far more than we can possibly imagine.

As for the Royals, they went away the following day blissfully unaware of what we had experienced the night before.

• Like 1

When my dogs sniff around the back yard and bark all I think they are thinking is "squirrels had sex here" and the like.

Then I let them in and they have kibble and bark like lunatics when the FedEx guy comes or anyone else comes to the door.

Then they sleep on the love seat.

That reminds me, I need to vacuum under the cushions of the love seat.

• Like 1

The ancients believed that they could. Since dogs and cats often an emotional bond with people, it seems only natural they could maintain this bond in the afterlife, especially considering the highly sensitive animals they both are. However they did believe in non human entities or demons. It was widely believed that felines could detect a demonic presence, and dogs a spiritual one. I don't know the reasoning behind this though.

see the reason for my question is my daddy died recently in October and my dog Lily (don't let he cute name fool you) went crazy barking and staring at one corner of the room. She was quite whats the word...... hell bent on having a stare down with the wall. but thing is I also hav a great grandpa that died and i think his spirit is here to but who knows??? But the reason i think there is a spirit at least protecting me is that my dog Lily didn't attack the corner (with her five pounds of nothing) proves to me she was only frightned. another reason is my dog Ryder (the cutest dacshund in the world although hes got a little bit of weight put on him) would si up in the living room and have a stare down with the ceiling. See thing is other than breaking bones which is my fault most of the time and i've only broken three i never get hurt like ever and i never get cut when i fall. Here's an example yesturday there was this vine of thorns coming from my rose bush and i stepped right on it thing is as sharp as though things were i wasn't hurt can ya'll give me advice pleas????

You know, my logic goes like this :

Ghosts have to be part of nature. Nothing can exist in this reality unless it is after all. Therefore it has to interact in some way with the rest of nature - there has to be energy or smells or heat or something there. Many animals have senses that are much better than humans. Cats have hearing and smells (And in some wavelengths eyesight) better than humans, dogs have a sense of smell that is thousands of times better and so on.

So if ghosts do exist, then I am sure that an animal may be able to sense them more plainly with their senses than humans. Let's face it - humans are not really big on the scale of natural senses. We use our brains to extend our senses but we aren't naturally that great in any of the five of them...