Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Circumcision ruled as 'bodily harm'

ouija ouija

As practiced in the US the procedure is done before the child and mother leave hospital. I don't know many folks who have memories of what was going on when they were 3 days old.

You don't have to remember an event to be adversly affected by it. Experiences can register on several different levels.

You don't have to remember an event to be adversly affected by it. Experiences can register on several different levels.

That might actually explain a lot......

i say agin in a better way to remove a part of a fellow human being without there consent is wrong and if you think otherwise you should be in prison .

An exception has been made for religious reasons.

and the reasons are stupid. some ppl in middle east are doing female circumcison too :no:

their religion is probably a cult

I know people with tattoos and piercings that would of hurt more then a circumcision, and some of the seedy places where they went to have it done were unhygenic the piercings & tats that is. B)

i say agin in a better way to remove a part of a fellow human being without there consent is wrong and if you think otherwise you should be in prison .

Lmao American prisons are already bloated... good thinking smurfy.

I don't get why it would be banned when the person wouldnt even remember it when they're older. Ahh. Oh well, I can see where it's coming from, in a way.

Guys look better circumicised anyhow. Someone had to say it. lmao

What if I'd say the same about circumcised girls? Come on, don't be so superficial. It's a cruel tradition. Besides, it's your opinion, nothing fundamental.

I know people with tattoos and piercings that would of hurt more then a circumcision, and some of the seedy places where they went to have it done were unhygenic the piercings & tats that is. B)

People commit suicide, i can't see why that would be a reason why babies should be circumcised?

Lmao American prisons are already bloated... good thinking smurfy.

He as a point, if you took a knife and did the same cut to any other part of a baby you'd probably end up in prison.

Story over, the German parliament overruled the courts.

Story over, the German parliament overruled the courts.

It was given the chop then?

• Like 3

That's too bad, I wonder how many people have tried to sue hospitals for circumcising them against their will? You'd think if just one case was in a guy's favor it would open the floodgates of lawsuits and force hospitals to make a guideline to not circumcise someone until their old enough to say they want it.

Im pretty sure it hurts babies when they have their foreskin cut off.

I have been there, they are numbed but still cry. I don't know if the crying is pain or just discomfort.

I have been there, they are numbed but still cry. I don't know if the crying is pain or just discomfort.

They get suger water. You cannot anaesthetise infants, unless it's absolutely necessary.

They get suger water. You cannot anaesthetise infants, unless it's absolutely necessary.

It was rubbed on the area, I was told it was a form of anaesthetic, could well have been Sugar Water. But a quick looky on Google shows 'Numbing Cream' can be used...

If a baby boy needs to be circumcised, he will usually be given a local anaesthetic because it is safer than a general anaesthetic. Local anaesthetic is a numbing medicine, which can be injected into the base of the penis or applied as a cream.

http://www.nhs.uk/Co...troduction.aspx (if you use this link, try not to laugh at the penis graffiti on the right of the page)

I would say during circumcision anaesthetic is absolutely necessary. :tu:

Edited by Junior Chubb

It was rubbed on the area, I was told it was a form of anaesthetic, could well have been Sugar Water. But a quick looky on Google shows 'Numbing Cream' can be used...

http://www.nhs.uk/Co...troduction.aspx (if you use this link, try not to laugh at the penis graffiti on the right of the page)

I would say during circumcision anaesthetic is absolutely necessary. :tu:

Two things: firstly, do you really think a 'numbing cream' is going to make much, if any, difference to the pain level when having part of your genitals cut off?

Secondly, how much do you think a needle stuck in your genitals is going to hurt?

I just looked at the link. Interesting that older children are deemed to need a general anaesthetic but babies are deemed able to withstand the operation with only a local anaesthetic.

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 1

i have a prince albert piercing and really it doesn't hurt all that much and being as your own urine is serile to you any injury on your penis heals really quickly, im not circumcised and do not see why people do it, im really quite attached to my foreskin

Two things: firstly, do you really think a 'numbing cream' is going to make much, if any, difference to the pain level when having part of your genitals cut off?

Secondly, how much do you think a needle stuck in your genitals is going to hurt?

I just looked at the link. Interesting that older children are deemed to need a general anaesthetic but babies are deemed able to withstand the operation with only a local anaesthetic.

Guess they mean to say: What does not kill you makes you harder :devil:

• Like 1

Firstly, no I don't think it would make much difference at all (I would rather have the injection if I had to choose between the two), just pointing out that it is used.

Secondly, the needle might hurt, but not as much as the circumcision would hurt without it. That is like suggesting having a tooth removed with no anaesthetic because you think the injection would hurt to much.

Thirdly (I added thirdly for fun :tu: ), as Flombie pointed out, you cannot anaesthetise infants (general anaesthetic) unless its absolutely necessary, so a general anaesthetic would only be used on older males, rather than 'babies are deemed able to withstand the operation with only a local anaesthetic'.

Edited by Junior Chubb

Secondly, the needle might hurt, but not as much as the circumcision would hurt without it. That is like suggesting having a tooth removed with no anaesthetic because you think the injection would hurt to much.

Thirdly (I added thirdly for fun :tu: ), as Flombie pointed out, you cannot anaesthetise infants (general anaesthetic) unless its absolutely necessary, so a general anaesthetic would only be used on older males, rather than 'babies are deemed able to withstand the operation with only a local anaesthetic'.

But it amounts to the same thing, doesn't it? If you wouldn't do the operation on an older child without him being under general anaesthetic ....... why, in the name of all that's holy, would you do it to a baby when you can't fully anaesthetise him?!!!!!!!!

But it amounts to the same thing, doesn't it? If you wouldn't do the operation on an older child without him being under general anaesthetic ....... why, in the name of all that's holy, would you do it to a baby when you can't fully anaesthetise him?!!!!!!!!

Lol, I suppose so.

You need someone who agrees with newborn circumcision to argue that point, and I can assure you that it won't be me. ;)

• Like 1