Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant owl photographed at Carrizo Springs

Saru

nevermind the owl you wanna see the mouse it was hunting....

Fake...! ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

Total fake. Called my friend in Texas he said it was photo shopped. The owl was enlarged and the 2 men were added in.

Along the lines of our big birds discussion, I was fishing in the Mohawk River near Albany on Sunday and saw a bald eagle attack a great blue heron.

Didn't get any photos because it happened so fast, but it was amazing to see.

Dearest Junior Chubb, it is Stephanie here reporting live from Shapes. YOU ARE GAY, stop commenting. Arrivederci!

Dearest Junior Chubb, it is Stephanie here reporting live from Shapes. YOU ARE GAY, stop commenting. Arrivederci!

Sorry, wasn't me!

Sorry, wasn't me!

Lol, thanks Steph x x x x (Have a virtual High Five :tu: )

WillSoMysterious, remember the basics of using a computer in a public place that others have access to you muppet...

Edited by Junior Chubb

I've actually seen a really huge owl one time, it was in these woods by a cemetary.. the woods are presumed to have a history of cult gatherings and witchcraft. I feel like I have an intuitive sense for the unseen, and that place gives me goosebumps. Other times, I just stay back there for hours feeling invited and welcome. What I'm getting at is maybe this owl I have seen is related to the legend of Lechuza. or Maybe its just a normal owl. It's presence was intimidating though.. Charcoal gray, wingspan far greater than mine (and i'm a heavywieght boxer), and it seemed to cast a shadow way bigger than itself. Just a thought though..

• Like 1

wingspan far greater than mine

You have wings? ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb

Why do people do this? Just to get 15 minutes of fame? Yeah, what will that do ya? -..-

Also, is it just me or does the concrete seem to merge with one of a different shade?

I totally see that also UFO nice catch!!!

Why do people do this? Just to get 15 minutes of fame? Yeah, what will that do ya? -..-

BECAUSE THERE d****!!! WITH VERY FEW BRAIN CELLS

BECAUSE THERE d****!!! WITH VERY FEW BRAIN CELLS

In this case they are also anonymous...

Except that dude with the green head :tu:

Edited by Junior Chubb

Total fake. Called my friend in Texas he said it was photo shopped. The owl was enlarged and the 2 men were added in.

The photo might of been real, the owl fake but must of been another animal

birds are light even owls are light. because there bones are hollow i believe i heard that from someone.

also nature had dinos and allagators too. seeing a giant owl must be very rare. but if you can get a real one i would send it to the nearst zoo. it might eat the other owls but at least they got a giant owl.

If you think birds are so light try holding your next thanksgiving turkey at arms length with just one hand. Im not saying its impossible, but it aint all that easy either. Edited by Javid86

If you think birds are so light try holding your next thanksgiving turkey at arms length with just one hand. Im not saying its impossible, but it aint all that easy either.

Because Turkeys have ridiculous amounts of meat and muscle on them when compared to Owls and Eagles.

• Like 1

Because Turkeys have ridiculous amounts of meat and muscle on them when compared to Owls and Eagles.

They do. Turkeys have a lot more meat on them then a similarly appearing sized owl. If the owl in the photo is mostly feathers, it could be as low as 15 pounds.

For scale.... Just think that a 2 liter of soda is like 4.5 pounds.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

They do. Turkeys have a lot more meat on them then a similarly appearing sized owl. If the owl in the photo is mostly feathers, it could be as low as 15 pounds.

For scale.... Just think that a 2 liter of soda is like 4.5 pounds.

Ill admit I never thought of it like that. I guess youre right.

• 3 months later...

As a turkey hunter, I know that I've picked up 20 pound birds (dead) and we've been able to pick them up by the end of the wing feathers and take pictures. I think the way they have it picked up is certainly possible. The wing feathers are anchored pretty deep, I would imagine, and can probably bear the entier birds weight for a short time.

You reckon? They are only holding like one or two feathers, and they have it stretched, increasing the shear weight.

I reckon you would want to handle it pretty gingerly if holding it like that.

Edited by psyche101