Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Magnetic reversal hints in Earth's core

Saru

The Earth's magnetic field may flip every few thousand years due to lopsided growth of the planet's core.

Lopsided growth of the Earth's core could explain why its magnetic field reverses direction every few thousand years. If it happened now, we would be exposed to solar winds capable of knocking out global communications and power grids.

arrow3.gifRead more...

i have read reports that there is NO plausible evidence behind this whatsoever

This is called Unversity games; One says it exists the other says it doesn't. Tthe results are the same; taxpayers are paying

• Like 1

If true we're seriously up sheeet creek without a paddle

Not really, the only thing we would notice is that our magnetic compass shows in the wrong direction. It would be worse if the magnetic field collapsed.

Not really, the only thing we would notice is that our magnetic compass shows in the wrong direction. It would be worse if the magnetic field collapsed.

And without cell phones (which is not really a big of a deal but also without any gudance systeme for airplaines and radars which is bad ... and no missiles control ...and this is perhaps good

It happen before, it will happen again. It also happen while humans were on this planet, so basically it won't be so bad if we prepare for it. Harden our infrastructures to electromagnetic pulse that will be generated by the pole reversal and we will be fine. Of course we got to compensate for the mix-up of the weather that will happen on the planet.

That would be bad, very bad... magnetic field collapse that protects us from the bombardment of particle rays from the sun. We would end up being stripped of our atmosphere and well... kiss our planet goodbye!

Edited by Uncle Sam

And here we go again!!! how many times the government will change the story.!!! come on!!! Mayas and now this give me a break !!! is coming PERIOD . whatever it is , is here and we are going to get it!! whatever it is...

this realy makes perfect thinking in world cycles with exception of sum astroid smacking the hell out of us (the planet) weather,evirmental even in evolution when you take in the count of planet rotational stress and gravity now add in the core movements an plate drifts, volcainos,weight surge, planet contrast shaping altogeather well hell yeah the earths going to flip over whats realy there to stop it from happening? thats like a reverce rotation have you ever watched water drain out of a sink depending on what part of the world your standing on is what way it drains outstop the flow you simple fk up the cycle but thats goes more in to a bunch of what if'smore then i realy care to think about ((yawns)) good morning planet earth here i am to walk among your many mysteries another rotation from light to dark

this realy makes perfect thinking in world cycles with exception of sum astroid smacking the hell out of us (the planet) weather,evirmental even in evolution when you take in the count of planet rotational stress and gravity now add in the core movements an plate drifts, volcainos,weight surge, planet contrast shaping altogeather well hell yeah the earths going to flip over whats realy there to stop it from happening? thats like a reverce rotation have you ever watched water drain out of a sink depending on what part of the world your standing on is what way it drains outstop the flow you simple fk up the cycle but thats goes more in to a bunch of what if'smore then i realy care to think about ((yawns)) good morning planet earth here i am to walk among your many mysteries another rotation from light to dark

the evidence they ahve to show this is that deep on the ocean floor, the sedemnt very slowly moves, and as it does it becomes charged positive or negative based on the way the poles are oriented. they've found that ever few thousane years, as the sea floor is generated, the new parts show that it was charged one way for thousands of years, and then the other for thousands of years.

oh and also, they have shown the only thing that would happen because of the shift, is that the wind may blow differently changing some climate of some of the earth, and compases would point the other way. of these things nothing devastating would come logically.

get a life all of you end of worlders