Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing Iowa Girls

Keel M.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Things like this make me terrified for when I have kids. It's like you have to keep them in a bubble to prevent anything bad from happening these days.

I hope they find those girls. They deserve to be back home with their families.

You are right..That is scary..A horrible rape happened in India before some days and i was wondering why those ugly b****** always chasing women's..Animals are better than them.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I followed this case from the very beginning. I was really hoping they'd be okay. I've always wondered if the killer was someone the girls knew, or at least one of them knew. Maybe that's why it's taking investigators so long.

I wonder if they were killed immediately or kept alive for a few months. I remember police saying they thought the girls were alive at one point.

I just really hope they find the killer...

• 3 weeks later...

http://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/lyric-cook-and-elizabeth-collins/

I don't know why but this cold case just won't leave my head. I've been following since they went missing. Maybe it's because one of the girls looks like my cousin. I was looking up their cold case page today and had a few thoughts.

Maybe it was a pedophile/murderer just crossing through and thought they were easy pickings. They lured the girls from their bikes and into their car. Maybe they pulled the "my puppy's in there! Wanna see him?" trick. That could explain where the bikes were found.

The murderer could have then disposed of their bodies in the park, which was about 25 miles away. Everyone would be busy looking in the lake where their bikes were.

If this is the case, this most certainly is troubling. This killer knows what he's doing and will probably strike again. It may not even be someone from the area which is why they don't have a suspect yet.

I don't like that this case has gone cold. I have a horrible feeling this is a killer that has done it before and will do it again. :/

Another thing that baffled me is why the police thought they had good reason to believe the girls were alive at first. What made them say that? Maybe they thought the kidnapper knew the parents.

I just wish this case would be solved. It just makes me uneasy.