Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flight 19 in....... Georgia?

Wildchild41

Hey guys I need some help here... I'm a firm believer that flight 19 crashed in Georgia, but I need some facts from you guys...

What I know so far is that 3 radar stations picked up 5 blips. One was the airport in Brunswick, GA, another was a navy ship and I'm not sure what the name of the ship is, and I do not know about the 3rd station. Can someone tell me what station that was? And what the name of the ship was too?

Another thing is that I believe they came to shore around New Synerma Beach, FL. If that's true, what was the last known heading they were travaling?

I believe they flew into one of those time accelerating storms, lost radio contact because it wiped out there 1940's era radios, but kept flying straight and ended up on the Florida/Georgia border in the massive swamp that covers most of Georgia.

If they flew into one of those storms, that would explain why they disappeared from NAS Jacksonville (I think it was that base) RADAR, and would also explain why the 5 dots showed up on different radar stations 6 hours after they should have run out of fuel

• Like 1

There has never been any proof that flight 19 crashed in GA or Fla. Those swamps were searched no signed of any wreckage was found. The flight never made it that far north.

• Like 1

Look, I can't remember the name I the storm off hand, but if you fly into the start of it it will directly sp

*spit you out the other end. A bunch of famous pilots have flown through them (inside or outside the Bermuda triangle) and will agree on them. (Charles Lindbergh being one of those pilots).

@ wolfknight, it's technically impossible to search through that swamp on foot. They did send a GPR built into an airplane to fly over the entire swamp, but the problem is there were too many hits, and GPR isn't a good way to search for a certain airplane.

And you say that no aircraft wreckage was ever found? Wrong, try again. I have logs from he AAF from 41-49 listing all the airplane crashes in the swamp, and it includes a P-39, P-40, a number of P-51's, a B-25 and a B-29.

And, in regards to that P-40, a group actually recovered what was left of the plane and placed it on display. The plane was 10 feet deep in the mud. I think that's deep enough for someone to completely miss...... Don't you?

• Like 1

These guy's did'nt crash....they are still flying lost in time.

They will reapear in the sky sometime in the future, just like amelia Earheart and her copilot will be found floating in their lifeboat, and let's not forget John Denver who will land someday and say "Geez,zz...what hepened to the old free america, you guy's look Awfull"

No. just kidding around, but the theory that they crashed in a swamp is probably right even if unexplainable by science.

But still sailors said the seen planes crash in the ocean, and others said they seen an explosion in the sky wich was probably the Martin Mariner sent to search for survivors of flight 19.

The most common explanation for why they lost their way, was that the leader of the squadron got ill or his instrument failed and he was unable to find his way and left the command to one of the other pilots, and remember that they were in training so they were not faminliar to long flight over the ocean, and this proved fatal to the whole squadron.

Until the planes are found and indentified, the controverse and the mistery will go on, they thought they found them some years ago but the numbers on the planes did not match, even though if i can recall that they wondered where the planes they found came from, i'd like to know if they eventually identified the planes they found since it was not Flight 19.

Interesting, make for some good reading.

Thanks,

@WildChild but no sign of flight 19 in the swamp right. The flight didb't that far north. Radar was still in the begining stages in those days. Radar gave off a lot of false hits in those days.

The flight flew into a storm or time warp or just plain ran out of fuel and crashed in the ocean.

I wonder if satellite imaging could show any kind of environmental "tells" as to any planes being sunk in the swamps (i.e. dead or sick plant life, oil slicks, etc)

*spit you out the other end. A bunch of famous pilots have flown through them (inside or outside the Bermuda triangle) and will agree on them. (Charles Lindbergh being one of those pilots).

Is it like those portals on mars that leads to hell?

No, it's not lol... I'll have to read more about the storms, it would make it alot easier to explain

• 1 year later...

Hey guys I need some help here... I'm a firm believer that flight 19 crashed in Georgia, but I need some facts from you guys...

What I know so far is that 3 radar stations picked up 5 blips. One was the airport in Brunswick, GA, another was a navy ship and I'm not sure what the name of the ship is, and I do not know about the 3rd station. Can someone tell me what station that was? And what the name of the ship was too?

Another thing is that I believe they came to shore around New Synerma Beach, FL. If that's true, what was the last known heading they were travaling?

I believe they flew into one of those time accelerating storms, lost radio contact because it wiped out there 1940's era radios, but kept flying straight and ended up on the Florida/Georgia border in the massive swamp that covers most of Georgia.

If they flew into one of those storms, that would explain why they disappeared from NAS Jacksonville (I think it was that base) RADAR, and would also explain why the 5 dots showed up on different radar stations 6 hours after they should have run out of fuel

You may want to revisit that part about "massive swamp that covers most of Georgia". Check a map. The Okeefenokee Swamp covers a good bit of south Georgia and northern Florida, but does not NEARLY cover "most" of Georgia. It's big, but not that big.

• Like 1

There was a airliner that went missing about 20 miles out of Miami, I think it was, a couple decades ago. They just disappeared from radar and then 10 minutes later, reappeared in the same place on the radar scope. When the flight was boarded by airport security, it was found that all the watches the passengers were wearing were ten minutes behind Miami time. Maybe your Flt 19 disappeared like that, but never made it back to our time. Just sayin'.

There's a lot of neat stories about planes and the paranormal, but if you really want an answer to your question, you might want to get on airliners.net and ask them. Beware though - this is a forum of hard headed, common sense pilots and the like. When they hear hoofbeats, they don't go looking for zebras very often and won't take kindly to those who do.

There was a airliner that went missing about 20 miles out of Miami, I think it was, a couple decades ago. They just disappeared from radar and then 10 minutes later, reappeared in the same place on the radar scope. When the flight was boarded by airport security, it was found that all the watches the passengers were wearing were ten minutes behind Miami time. Maybe your Flt 19 disappeared like that, but never made it back to our time. Just sayin'.

There's a lot of neat stories about planes and the paranormal, but if you really want an answer to your question, you might want to get on airliners.net and ask them. Beware though - this is a forum of hard headed, common sense pilots and the like. When they hear hoofbeats, they don't go looking for zebras very often and won't take kindly to those who do.

Unless you can post some good evidence to support it, what little I've found on the National Airlines story indicates that it's nothing more than an urban legend. There doesn't seem to be anything much on the internet about it and certainly nothing that provides any specifics - flight number, names, exact date, etc. The story also seems to have been reborn in 2001 with a woman claiming that she was on a National Airlines flight between Las Vegas and Dallas and experienced missing time (urban legend red flag).

There's only one problem - National Airlines was bought by Pan Am in 1980 and ceased operation. There is an unrelated National Airlines cargo and charter service in operation today, but they only started carrying passengers in 2011 - missing time indeed.

Here's the link to that story: http://www.rense.com/general66/miss.htm

This seems to be the general consensus on the National story: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/1088847/

This story seems to have gotten its origins in a Bermuda Triangle article and book written by Ivan Sanderson. He's notorious for unsourced stories such as this.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

I'm not sure why this thread was bumped, but I must correct that it's New Smyrna Beach, FL, not the spelling the OP had.

And for some reason, I thought Flight 19 had been found?

I'm not sure why this thread was bumped, but I must correct that it's New Smyrna Beach, FL, not the spelling the OP had.

And for some reason, I thought Flight 19 had been found?

Not yet. There has been Avenger wreckage found, including a group of five, but serial numbers indicated it wasn't Flight 19. From wiki:

Unrelated Avenger wreckage

In 1986, the wreckage of an Avenger was found off the Florida coast during the search for the wreckage of the Space Shuttle Challenger.[citation needed]Aviation archaeologist Jon Myhre raised this wreck from the ocean floor in 1990. He was convinced it was one of the missing planes, but positive identification could not be made. In 1991, the wreckage of five Avengers was discovered off the coast of Florida, but engine serial numbers revealed they were not Flight 19. They had crashed on five different days all within 1.5 mi (2.4 km) of each other.[9] Records revealed that the various discovered aircraft, including the group of five, were declared either unfit for maintenance/repair or obsolete, and were simply disposed of at sea.[9]

Records also showed training accidents between 1942 and 1945 accounted for the loss of 95 aviation personnel from NAS Fort Lauderdale[10] In 1992, another expedition located scattered debris on the ocean floor, but nothing could be identified. In the last decade,[when?] searchers have been expanding their area to include farther east, into the Atlantic Ocean, but the remains of Flight 19 have still never been confirmed found.

• Like 1

Gotcha! Seems like they're "almost" finding Flight 19 and Amelia Earhart's plane every year. ;)

• Like 1

There was a airliner that went missing about 20 miles out of Miami, I think it was, a couple decades ago. They just disappeared from radar and then 10 minutes later, reappeared in the same place on the radar scope. When the flight was boarded by airport security, it was found that all the watches the passengers were wearing were ten minutes behind Miami time. Maybe your Flt 19 disappeared like that, but never made it back to our time. Just sayin'....

sounds like the plot line to an episode of the xfiles... are you sure you havent got reality mixed up?

Oh, yeah, one of those.

Why can't I ever drive into one of those on Monday morning and it suddenly be Friday afternoon?

time already moves to fast for my liking I would rather it start moving backwards or at least slow down

• Like 1

time already moves to fast for my liking I would rather it start moving backwards or at least slow down

Flight 19 went down in the Okee's didn't it?

Unless you can post some good evidence to support it, what little I've found on the National Airlines story indicates that it's nothing more than an urban legend. There doesn't seem to be anything much on the internet about it and certainly nothing that provides any specifics - flight number, names, exact date, etc. The story also seems to have been reborn in 2001 with a woman claiming that she was on a National Airlines flight between Las Vegas and Dallas and experienced missing time (urban legend red flag).

There's only one problem - National Airlines was bought by Pan Am in 1980 and ceased operation. There is an unrelated National Airlines cargo and charter service in operation today, but they only started carrying passengers in 2011 - missing time indeed.

Here's the link to that story: http://www.rense.com/general66/miss.htm

This seems to be the general consensus on the National story: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/1088847/

This story seems to have gotten its origins in a Bermuda Triangle article and book written by Ivan Sanderson. He's notorious for unsourced stories such as this.

Actually, I read about it in the book by Martin Caiden and I agree with the second posters assessment, both about Mr. Caiden and about the book. I would look up the info given about National on that date and see what is there.

As to National not being in current operation, all I can say to that is, neither is Eastern Airlines. But a lot of people will still swear they saw the ghosts of Flt 401. John G. Fuller wrote, I'm sorry to say, a somewhat sensationalist book on that, but as he himself said, he did the book in a hurry because he was concentrating on another book at the time. That was a book called Fever, about the discovery of Lassa fever in 1974. I have that book and it is very well researched and very well documented. I only wish Mr. Fuller had written about the Flt. 401 ghosts in the same manner.

sounds like the plot line to an episode of the xfiles... are you sure you havent got reality mixed up?

Nope. Maybe the X-files lifted if from the story.

Gotcha! Seems like they're "almost" finding Flight 19 and Amelia Earhart's plane every year. ;)

A couple of months back researchers thought they found the Electra, I haven't heard anymore about that though.
  • Like 1

Actually, I read about it in the book by Martin Caiden and I agree with the second posters assessment, both about Mr. Caiden and about the book. I would look up the info given about National on that date and see what is there.

As to National not being in current operation, all I can say to that is, neither is Eastern Airlines. But a lot of people will still swear they saw the ghosts of Flt 401. John G. Fuller wrote, I'm sorry to say, a somewhat sensationalist book on that, but as he himself said, he did the book in a hurry because he was concentrating on another book at the time. That was a book called Fever, about the discovery of Lassa fever in 1974. I have that book and it is very well researched and very well documented. I only wish Mr. Fuller had written about the Flt. 401 ghosts in the same manner.

Not really sure the point you're trying to make. This is the "second posters assessment":

There has never been any proof that flight 19 crashed in GA or Fla. Those swamps were searched no signed of any wreckage was found. The flight never made it that far north.

Could you connect the dots for me here?

Edited by Rafterman