Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Valley of the Dead in Siberia

Super-Fly

"A team of scientists and researchers have just returned from an expedition in Siberia and the Valley of the Dead and are claiming they have found proof of at least five of the legendary cauldrons that ancient aliens supposedly built."

Source.

Iv never heard of it before, anybody else?

Thanks,

• Like 1

It's a new one to me.

"A team of scientists and researchers have just returned from an expedition in Siberia and the Valley of the Dead and are claiming they have found proof of at least five of the legendary cauldrons that ancient aliens supposedly built."

Source.

Thanks,

Not I, But more here......

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/esp_ciencia_tunguska09a.htm

• Like 1

Same here, just wondered if anybody else has heard of it.

seems a bit far fetched, most people blame aliens now, look at the pyramids.

Thanks,

Source.

Thanks,

The Russians must be strapped for cash.

See, there's this innovative technology called a "camera"...

Harte

• Like 1

I have heard of it and I find it somewhat bullshizzy...I find it hard to believe that real "scientist" only come back with anecdotal evidence...Anything tangible would have been nice...and as the guy above said...pictures might have helped....

Watched a show on this a few weeks back.. cant remember what its called.. but they did a bit on this.. apparently one of the researches came down mysteriously sick before they could start digging..

From the OP:

They are definitely metallic. The scientists entered each swamp and walked on top of the objects and heard metallic sounds when striking the objects.

Is this how they do Science in Russia? Perhaps they were so underfunded that they had no gear what-so-ever? You would think they would at least take photographs. And would at least have had a shovel, or failing that due to water, ropes.

Where is the Russian "Valley of Death" anyway?

Interesting read on those other links. Wonder if they will ever dig up any of these, or collect any real physical evidence.

• Like 2

Hmmm... not sure what to make of this.

But I would agree that the lack of physical evidence does not help its credibility.

I was skeptical of the people riding on reindeer, but a quick google showed that natives of Sibera do ride on reindeer.

I'm still waiting on some pictures or other evidence.

The Russians should try to link this to the Yetis??

I went to the link Swede put up and the Valley of Death sounds like a dangerous place to be. Maybe thats why the two team members became ill.

I do wonder what exactly those cauldrons were used for. Notice the scientist wouldn't say they were built by aliens.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

There is proof that there is radioactivity in the area called "The Valley of Death", some researchers that was there got ill of radioactivity.

Gee a valley at the bottom of a volcano....now what would cause things to die in a place where there are gasses that are heavier than oxygen? I am just totally mystified how that could happen with open vents to the surface of the earth.

From Swede's link

A research that followed the scientists` finding showed that in windless weather part of the valley was filled with a mixture of volcanic gases that consisted mainly of hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide.
Concentration of deadly gases, especially hydrogen sulfide, is particularly high at certain seasons.

This gas is serious stuff.

During my Oil & Gas days , mainly in onshore fields, when our H2S detector starts beeping, we used to run like hell, against the wind, to higher grounds.

• Like 2

There is proof that there is radioactivity in the area called "The Valley of Death", some researchers that was there got ill of radioactivity.

While it is true that the stories of the copper substructures, people wearing iron clothes etc etc, date back to mid 19th century, this area of Yakutia was used as a nuclear test area for 50 years. Odd that western media/sites don't mention this. Perhaps they should learn Russian and do some proper research and not repeat badly translated and often "tounge in cheek" nonsense from the fringe....

Edit to add that obviously no devices would have been tested there for some time, since test ban treaty.

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri
  • Like 2

Watched a show on this a few weeks back.. cant remember what its called.. but they did a bit on this.. apparently one of the researches came down mysteriously sick before they could start digging..

I saw the same one, I remember thinking "horse droppings!".

There is proof that gas actually makes them ill. There is however no proof that radioactivity has anything to do with it.

While it is true that the stories of the copper substructures, people wearing iron clothes etc etc, date back to mid 19th century, this area of Yakutia was used as a nuclear test area for 50 years. Odd that western media/sites don't mention this. Perhaps they should learn Russian and do some proper research and not repeat badly translated and often "tounge in cheek" nonsense from the fringe....

Edit to add that obviously no devices would have been tested there for some time, since test ban treaty.

Nice info, see I didn't know that. Thanks.

• Like 1