Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pig-dogging

ZaraKitty

I probably shouldn't have used the word hate but dislike :yes:. The idea of these dogs going in and thrashing the other animal puts me off a bit and these wild pigs could do some serious damage to the dogs too.

I have no problem with hunters that train their dogs to round up the prey, I could see that being enjoyable hunting with a pet.

I see. Yeah, the way we hunt with them they usually never make contact with the deer until it's down and dead or almost dead. It's nothing like this stuff. Hunting boar can be dangerous for people with guns, let alone dogs. I've never done it but my dad told me he and his brother got "treed" by one once. They were bow hunting and this pig ran them up a tree :w00t: Not my idea of fun. I actually prefer to bird hunt. They have a better than even chance and it's more about skill and marksmanship.

My mental image when I first read this thread title was of a cowboy on a horse in a rodeo chute coming out at a gallop leaping off his horse, grabbing a running pig by the ears and 'bull dogging' him to the ground...

THAT would be a sport!

I probably shouldn't have used the word hate but dislike :yes:. The idea of these dogs going in and thrashing the other animal puts me off a bit and these wild pigs could do some serious damage to the dogs too.

I have no problem with hunters that train their dogs to round up the prey, I could see that being enjoyable hunting with a pet.

You have to get armour for the dogs same as if you take em out for roos cos roos can carve their stomachs open.

You have to get armour for the dogs same as if you take em out for roos cos roos can carve their stomachs open.

Oh yeah, I didn't know you could get dog armour. Pretty cool.

Oh yeah, I didn't know you could get dog armour. Pretty cool.

Robopooch! Can have a dump anywhere he pleases without fear.

lol

Robopooch! Can have a dump anywhere he pleases without fear.

lol

Haha, something like this:

armored_dog.jpg

• Like 1