Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did a Sputnik really crash in Scotland?

Waspie_Dwarf

RAF leader sought evidence of Highland Sputnik crash

A former RAF Kinloss Mountain Rescue Team leader has told how he sought evidence that a Russian satellite crashed in the Highlands 50 years ago.

David "Heavy" Whalley was intrigued by a story from the 1960s that a shepherd found the remains of a Sputnik on a moor above Ardgay in Sutherland.

An RAF Kinloss Mountain Rescue Team member sent to the scene later told Mr Whalley of finding unusual debris.

Team members involved were allegedly told to "keep quiet" about it.

After becoming Kinloss's rescue team leader in the late 1980s, Mr Whalley tried to find a record of the search in the team's logs. He believes the information was deliberately suppressed.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Nice post,

never seen this before, worth a read

Thanks OP,

First I have heard about this. Have never thought about it but Sputnik had to have crashed somewhere.

Just glad ol' Sputnick decided not to land on someones face.

Yeah, and the article is also interesting in regards to "spy balloons"

Just glad ol' Sputnick decided not to land on someones face.

Yuk, nothing worse than Sputnik on the face!!

• Like 3

:rofl: LOL Jr. I guess they didn't bring it back with them. Something from sputnik would be worth some bucks. Let see, I'm going to need a metal detector, a pony, sleeping bag, food.... passport... ummm. Hey, maybe we can get Saru to sponsor the trip.
  • Like 1

:rofl: LOL Jr. I guess they didn't bring it back with them. Something from sputnik would be worth some bucks. Let see, I'm going to need a metal detector, a pony, sleeping bag, food.... passport... ummm. Hey, maybe we can get Saru to sponsor the trip.

Is Saru loaded then? Site owner and loaded, let the brown nosing begin...

I don't think so but maybe he has loaded friends. lol You never know who is on this site. Maybe Bronson is on here.

• Like 1

I don't think so but maybe he has loaded friends. lol You never know who is on this site. Maybe Bronson is on here.

Bronson, Britian's most violent prisoner http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bronson_(prisoner)

or

Branson, one of Britain's most successfully business magnate's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bronson_(prisoner)

Either one...

• Like 1

Either one...

I like your style :tu:

• Like 1

I was dating this Russian girl for a while, it's funny, even she jokes about their space station falling apart, sputnik crashing might not actually be too much of a stretch to believe.