Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fairies destroy the richest man in Ireland

Mistydawn

That is a phenomenal amount of money to lose, it's mind-boggling!

Seems to me bad business decisions had more to do with his downfall than bad luck from moving a tomb 20 years ago. He still should not have moved it though, whoever thinks they have the right to disturb a historical site deserves the whatever bad happens.

• Like 3

Unless the fairy's name was "Greed", I'd be exonerating the fairies for this one.

• Like 2

Quite a number of stories from Ireland regarding companies and their workers coming to bad ends for disturbing fairy mounds and the like. Some stories are too hard to die even as the world moves on. Bless the old timers who still believe.

One unrelated study revealed that those who believe in bad luck from Asian cultures will have worse health than those who do not. It doesn't matter if superstition is true or not, just believing or not has results, and that is real.

• Like 1

Don't F with the fairies, they will get you in the end. :clap:

• Like 4

430jedwardfairies.jpg

"It wasn't us!"

• Like 4

Tidy, at least he got to smash a couple of billion againts the wall

Thanks,

I wasn't going to share this, but after reading the article, I just have to. My grandfather was with his parents (he was a baby at the time) when they left Ireland in the late 1800s. Folklore was a huge part of his childhood. When I was eight years old, I came home from a walk in the woods and told my parents and grandparents, who were visiting us at the time, that I had heard odd music--something like a flute or pipes--during my walk. My grandpop said, "It was the fairies, honey. You are part fairy, so you will always know when they are nearby even if others can't. And they will always protect you."

I have cherished those words my entire life, and they lead me to one of my principal hobbies, which is the study of the folklore of Ireland and the British isles. (I hope to go back to college some day and get an advanced degree in folklore studies.)

I relate this because my more open-minded (and perhaps whimsical) side can't help but feel that Sean Quinn really did bring about his bad luck by moving that tomb.

Or maybe I'm just a romantic who wants to believe that there truly is magic in this world.

• Like 4

Guys like that have Millions in hidden accounts, and I don't consider $15,000 in your bank account ruined by any sense of the word. Many people would consider that quite wealthy. If faires wanted to ruin him, he be drunk on a street corner.

Edited by Seeker79

Guys like that have Millions in hidden accounts, and I don't consider $15,000 in your bank account ruined by any sense of the word. Many people would consider that quite wealthy. If faires wanted to ruin him, he be drunk on a street corner.

They maybe haven't finished with him yet....post-58664-0-41481100-1342723426_thumb.j

• Like 4

Well, I guess no one expected the old goat to blame himself now did they? Billionaires, especially superstitious ones, could only fail if a supernatural force was behind it I guess. :unsure2:

But the poor fairies, always getting a bad wrap. This was clearly a rouge sock gnome's doing.

Edited by Framling
  • Like 1

I wasn't going to share this, but after reading the article, I just have to. My grandfather was with his parents (he was a baby at the time) when they left Ireland in the late 1800s. Folklore was a huge part of his childhood. When I was eight years old, I came home from a walk in the woods and told my parents and grandparents, who were visiting us at the time, that I had heard odd music--something like a flute or pipes--during my walk. My grandpop said, "It was the fairies, honey. You are part fairy, so you will always know when they are nearby even if others can't. And they will always protect you."

Which of your ancestors were the fairy?

Which of your ancestors were the fairy?

Despite the fact that I know you are only asking out of mockery, I'll take your question seriously and say that grandpop never said. I should also point out that this is the same grandfather who once turned to my mom during a conversation with me and said, "Anna, that child is exactly like me. She does not suffer fools gladly." I add this to show that my grandfather was not given to fits of whimsy or silliness. He was a brilliant man; when I was still very small he advised my parents to give me a classical education--i.e., study of Latin and Greek, including philosophy and poetry, etc.--b/c he saw something in me (besides the fairy part) that was worth cultivating.

Lizzieboo I loved your post! I'm very interested in folklore and believe in the Fae folk. People think its mad but hey, I just do lol.

• Like 1

Sorry for going OT. And I still think it 'twas the fairies punishing him. The git.

They maybe haven't finished with him yet....post-58664-0-41481100-1342723426_thumb.j

They're saving the $15000 for a rainy day...

• Like 1

I'm Irish and I'll tell you the reason that oul bollox lost all his money was because of greed, bad business decisions and the collapse of the economy.

Very tricky those fairies, engineering his downfall to happen at around the time others were also going bankrupt in the midst of a crushing economic recession, so that they could shift the blame away from themselves.

• Like 1

Hah - if bad luck caused by fairies means you get to be a billionaire for 20 years and then be left with 'only' 15 grand in the bank, I'm off to feck about with an ancient monument, pronto!

• Like 1

I'm Irish and I'll tell you the reason that oul bollox lost all his money was because of greed, bad business decisions and the collapse of the economy.

Very tricky those fairies, engineering his downfall to happen at around the time others were also going bankrupt in the midst of a crushing economic recession, so that they could shift the blame away from themselves.

Very sly bit of forward planning on their part!

IT WASNT FAIRIES JUST SPEC OPS AND SECRET SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN DOING THEIR THING WITH THEIR FANCY GADGETS AND WHAT NOT!!!!! THEY HAVE CLOAKS THAT MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE SHADOW PEOPLE AND EVEN GHILLIE SUITS FITTED TO LOOK LIKE GLOWIN FAIRIES IN THE DARK IN ORDER TO BRING PHYCOLOGICAL WARFARE INTO THEIR ENEMIES MIND!!

IF I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS AND SAW A WHITE FAIRY IN THE MIST OF A COMBAT SITUATION (KEVLAR ARMOR AND ALL) I WOULD FREAK OUT A BIT!!!! AND I HAVE HEARD THAT SOMETHIMES BIZZARE MUSIC IS PLAYED IN THE MIST OF AN INTENCE COMBAT SITUATION TO DISTRACT AND HARRASS THE ENEMY JUST A BIT!!! SOME TIMES THEY EVEN PUT THE SOUND OF CATS AND CHILDREN LAUGHING IN ORDER TO CREEP OUT THE ENEMY!!