Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is This is Sleep Paralysis?

ebullience

Hi. Sorry. Thanks.

Okay so, it goes like this. Lately, as in the start of this week, I've been waking up unable to move. I feel terrified and can only blink. I try to wiggle my toes, but that doesn't work. Once, after I started to gnash my teeth together, I could move again. And I shake. It's like I'm lying on a dryer while it's running or something. This always occurs after a long dream that I don't quite remember. Hazy.

Before, it was just the inability to move and that shaking. But I've started to see faces now and I'm really starting to get scared. It didn't happen when I slept with my light on, when I slept with my door open, or when I fell asleep on the couch. But I just fell (back) asleep at ten o'clock and it started and this time I saw these white faces.

Is it sleep paralysis, something else, or something totally explainable? If anyone can help or knows what's going on or anything, could you please help me? Thank you.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White Crane Feather

• Salami Swami

• Nickovthenorth

• ebullience

I agree with JVE and sleep paralysis is something totally explainable.

• Like 1

Hi. Sorry. Thanks.

Okay so, it goes like this. Lately, as in the start of this week, I've been waking up unable to move. I feel terrified and can only blink. I try to wiggle my toes, but that doesn't work. Once, after I started to gnash my teeth together, I could move again. And I shake. It's like I'm lying on a dryer while it's running or something. This always occurs after a long dream that I don't quite remember. Hazy.

Before, it was just the inability to move and that shaking. But I've started to see faces now and I'm really starting to get scared. It didn't happen when I slept with my light on, when I slept with my door open, or when I fell asleep on the couch. But I just fell (back) asleep at ten o'clock and it started and this time I saw these white faces.

Is it sleep paralysis, something else, or something totally explainable? If anyone can help or knows what's going on or anything, could you please help me? Thank you.

Yes it is, while SP is explainable, what happens in altered states is totally different. I'll send you something that might help, you can pm me anyone.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is Sleep Paralysis because I get it too but I don't shake around and don't normaly have dreams before :unsure2:

Edited by Snowy267

I don't know if this is Sleep Paralysis because I get it too but I don't shake around and don't normaly have dreams before :unsure2:

You dream, you just are not remembering your dreams. I haven't experienced SP before, but from the experiences i've read here, most other people don't shake either. There are a lot of other experiences posted in this section, and many people around with experience who might be able to help you if you want it.

Oh, and welcome to UM! :)

You dream, you just are not remembering your dreams. I haven't experienced SP before, but from the experiences i've read here, most other people don't shake either. There are a lot of other experiences posted in this section, and many people around with experience who might be able to help you if you want it.

Oh, and welcome to UM! :)

The "shakeing" is the ops inturpretation of vibration. I have herd the washing machine analogy many times.

sounds like sp to me, I used to get it regularly, it can be a terrifying experience , but I found that once I learned more about it and got over the initial fear it can be a useful tool for launching lucid dreams,

and crazy as the this prob sounds to a lot of sp sufferers I actually miss the regular episodes I used to get naturally I only seem to get sp these days when i purposefully work at it to help induce a lucid dream as stated above

but it isn't consistent, sometimes i get it most times I don't.

anyway just my 2 pennies worth.

peace out nickovthenorth.

Edited by Nickovthenorth