Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The new McCarthyism?

questionmark

John Sununu apologized, not for the sentiment but for these words: “I wish this president would

learn how to be an A Former White House chief of staff and former New Hampshire governor John Sununu with Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney last year. (Jim Cole - AP) merican.”

The former New Hampshire governor and White House chief of staff was speaking as a Mitt Romney surrogate, and the message was an old one, heard since Barack Obama was a presidential candidate. “This guy is not really one of us. He’s someone and something else.” Got it. Heard it. Sure we’ll hear it again and again. Birth certificates are no longer enough. From now on, one must pass the Sununu citizenship test.

Even for those who accept that Barack Obama was born in Hawaii, it is, don’t you know, a state unlike any other – multiracial, multicultural and in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Sununu, who was born in Havana, Cuba, has looked at the president’s background and decided it doesn’t fit, all irony apparently lost amid the bluster.

Read more

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Bama13

• Grandpa Greenman

• Keel M.

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are any of these people to decide who can and cannot live here? If you're gonna kick people out, destroy the Statue of Liberty while you're at it and close the borders.

That is what I would say it is. I think Allen West should go back to Somalia.

Who are any of these people to decide who can and cannot live here? If you're gonna kick people out, destroy the Statue of Liberty while you're at it and close the borders.

I didn't read the whole article, just the part quoted. I didn't see anything about anyone saying Obama (or anyone else) shouldn't be allowed to live here and should be kicked out. If you are here legally that obiviously you are allowed to live here.

Not everyone can live here. We have immigration laws that determine who can or can not live here. If you are here illegally you should be kicked out and we'll keep the Statue of Liberty, thank you very much. As to closing the borders, it should have been done a long time ago.

PS (questionmark) Do you know that the Venona Project proved that McCarthy was correct about many of his claims?

Edited by Bama13

I didn't read the whole article, just the part quoted. I didn't see anything about anyone saying Obama (or anyone else) shouldn't be allowed to live here and should be kicked out. If you are here legally that obiviously you are allowed to live here.

Not everyone can live here. We have immigration laws that determine who can or can not live here. If you are here illegally you should be kicked out and we'll keep the Statue of Liberty, thank you very much. As to closing the borders, it should have been done a long time ago.

PS (questionmark) Do you know that the Venona Project proved that McCarthy was correct about many of his claims?

Oh, you mean it is legit to persecute people just because they have a different opinion, get the fired because they have a different opinion and have them discriminated because they have a different opinion?

McCarthy was on the way to convert the US in a Gulag state just as the one he was "fighting".

And while I might agree that the Soviet Union was doing its best to destabilize the US of A (just as we were trying to destabilize the Soviet Union... with less success than they did) it is the choice of methods that are to criticize as they were not worthy of a democratic and free country.

Edited by questionmark

Oh, you mean it is legit to persecute people just because they have a different opinion, get the fired because they have a different opinion and have them discriminated because they have a different opinion?

McCarthy was on the way to convert the US in a Gulag state just as the one he was "fighting".

And while I might agree that the Soviet Union was doing its best to destabilize the US of A (just as we were trying to destabilize the Soviet Union... with less success than they did) it is the choice of methods that are to criticize as they were not worthy of a democratic and free country.

WTF?? Where from my response did you get the first question?

As to McCarthy: All I said was that he was correct in many of his claims, as proven by the Venona Project.

WTF?? Where from my response did you get the first question?

As to McCarthy: All I said was that he was correct in many of his claims, as proven by the Venona Project.

McCartyism has nothing to do with being for or against anything, it has something to do with perverting the course of law to combat people with other political visions.

McCartyism has nothing to do with being for or against anything, it has something to do with perverting the course of law to combat people with other political visions.

I'm sorry, but where did I mention McCarthyism? Once again, All I said was that McCarthy was proven correct in many of his accusations. That is all I said about him.