Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egg allergies 'treated with egg'

Still Waters

Omelettes, meringues and pasta could one-day be back on the menu for some people with egg allergies after they are treated with the very food they are allergic to, say US researchers.

The only option for patients is to completely avoid foods containing egg.

A study on 55 children showed some were able to eat egg after minuscule amounts were gradually added to their diets.

However, the treatment is still experimental and doctors say it should not be tried at home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-18888172

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super-Fly

• Still Waters

• sarah_444

• SuddenPsychic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense, they make anti venom out of venom right?

Thanks,

I developed an egg allergy at 25, caused flushing and hellacious 4-hour bouts of cramps. 3 people in my family developed this allergy as adults, none as children. Didn't eat eggs for 15 years, then last year one of the family members recommended free-range, hormone- and antibiotic-free eggs, swore she had no problem with them. It was so scary to try because I do hate me some pain, but I did and then, OMG, I ate eggs almost every day for a month, sometimes twice a day. It was one of the most glorious months of my life.

Interesting. I've read about some tests like this being done with people who have peanut allergies as well.

Yes,It's not usually the food item we are allergic to,but the CRAP they out in it.

Meat with the hormones and antibiotics

Poultry with both of the above,AND genetically modified corn meal,and the arsenic they add to it,which is also fed to turkeys.

So these things extend to our eggs and milk.

In the USA,co ops sell raw milk and completely organic eggs and so forth,and the FDA wants to out the farms doing this business ,out of existance,and force us to eat only drugged,genetically modifed crap.

It's a sad state of affairs. Not to mention,regular processed meats poultry and pork,and made to live in horrible cruel situations,and killed horribly .

Eating pure foods,usually means they were also raised in cruelty free environments. I eat only cruelty free,poison free foods.

Edited by Simbi Laveau