Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unknown scratches

jlhughes

I just received 3 unknown scratches on my back that occurred while sitting in my recliner. I noticed them when i felt a sharp pain along my spine. After realizing i had scratches i inspected the chair and there was nothing that could have caused it plus i also have the picture to prove. I believe in the paranormal and as crazy as i may sound I have seen ghosts before. I have also had objects of mine being thrown, go missing and doors slam shut or open in front of me.

Could be spirits, could be a poltergeist. Have you tried to clear your home of spirits, either yourself or by someone else?

It is a demonic attack. Have you senn anything like black shadows or anything unusual? heard anything?

You could have also scratched yourself beforehand.. and the sweat that your body generates while it leans on the back of the chair has irritated the scratch so you finally noticed that you had scratched yourself..

• Like 1

no i haven't had this house cleansed cause we just moved in. I think though it has something to do with me. because anywhere i move unexplainable things happen. But bad stuff has been happening since i have been dealing with stuff against my ex "gypsy" husband. i know this isn't just in my head. Hopefully...

jl.. before you start thinking spirits or demons.. look at the practical side of things.. it is possible you had scratched yourself prior to sitting down without realizing it.. it can and does happen.. I remember one story about someone who would wake up with scratched over their legs in the morning.. people said.. its demons.. etc.. but when someone decided to investigate this.. they found she was doing it herself with a toenail while she slept..

• Like 1

It is a demonic attack. Have you senn anything like black shadows or anything unusual? heard anything?

No, it just as DingoLingo had said, It is most likely scratches that the person was not aware. It makes more sense than blaming mythical creatures based on reading a few sentences from the original poster.

For example, The human body reacts unconsciously when the body is uncomfortable or has a slight irritation on the skin (even when a sleep your body moves, adjust to get more comfortable)

Example, The average person touches their face 3 to 5 times a minute and almost half of those times you are not aware that you are doing it. No one can remember every thing that they had done with every movement with their body, the same thing applies to scratching yourself.

As Ding said, sweat or heat or moisture can extend/heighten the irration on the skin to make you are aware (i.E sitting in your chair) so if you scratched your self earlier that day you will notice it now.

Edited by Brian Topp

no i haven't had this house cleansed cause we just moved in. I think though it has something to do with me. because anywhere i move unexplainable things happen. But bad stuff has been happening since i have been dealing with stuff against my ex "gypsy" husband. i know this isn't just in my head. Hopefully...

From the urban myths on gypsy curses, If he had this power he could of curse you with far worse things, Puking frogs, turned into a frog, instantly age 50 years, Go blind etc, why scratches? Think about it, The real power is the power of Suggestion.

When people claim they are "cursed" they only see the bad stuff happening in life and in the end feed on the concept of being cursed and act like they are not in control of their life. Try being postive and remove this idea of being "cursed", You have left the jerk and now you searching for a new life with out him, Your life, Your Choices.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

I hate when people jump to conclusions like this.

• Like 2

Zip on the back of your top, or a chain.

Thanks,

Could be something in the chair itself... when you sit in it and relax you compress the cushions on the back and seat and something might be scratching you that way...

• 2 weeks later...

I just received 3 unknown scratches on my back that occurred while sitting in my recliner. I noticed them when i felt a sharp pain along my spine. After realizing i had scratches i inspected the chair and there was nothing that could have caused it plus i also have the picture to prove. I believe in the paranormal and as crazy as i may sound I have seen ghosts before. I have also had objects of mine being thrown, go missing and doors slam shut or open in front of me.

darn, when i saw this, i was hoping i could find an answer to my own scratches. i woke up this morning with a pain in my wrist and looked down at it to see two different scars, one on my palm, and one on my arm. any ideas?

darn, when i saw this, i was hoping i could find an answer to my own scratches. i woke up this morning with a pain in my wrist and looked down at it to see two different scars, one on my palm, and one on my arm. any ideas?

Read Brians post above before blaming demons ( which you haven't )

• Like 1

Whenever I check myself I got scratches, bruises and even small scars I can't recall getting. But it happens. You are more or less mobile whole day and that's when small injuries happen. You even move more than you realize when you are asleep.

And doesn't demons have better things to do than occasionally totally randomly scratch people all over the world?

Whenever I check myself I got scratches, bruises and even small scars I can't recall getting. But it happens. You are more or less mobile whole day and that's when small injuries happen. You even move more than you realize when you are asleep.

And doesn't demons have better things to do than occasionally totally randomly scratch people all over the world?

Also just say it was something supernatural how could someone identify it as a demon?

Yeah I've said in a previous thread that I have had and don't want anything to do with demons, real or not. But it does strike me that if they are as evil as folks say

they would do a lot more than scratch someone's back through a recliner. Sometimes you can scratch or bruise yourself throughout the day and not notice until later. What of the chair? Do you have a photo of it? Any possible raised sections in the cushioning or pointed edges that might cause a couple of scratches? Photograph of the scratches?

Yeah I've said in a previous thread that I have had and don't want anything to do with demons, real or not. But it does strike me that if they are as evil as folks say

they would do a lot more than scratch someone's back through a recliner. Sometimes you can scratch or bruise yourself throughout the day and not notice until later. What of the chair? Do you have a photo of it? Any possible raised sections in the cushioning or pointed edges that might cause a couple of scratches? Photograph of the scratches?

He won't return to answer you're questions .

Welcome to UM jlhughes,

I really think you picked up these scratches in the real world, if it was a Demonic attack it seems a bit lame to me. The Demons that create havoc and bring evil to the world!!!

All they do is leave 3 scratches on your back?

I hope you get to the bottom of this, and you will improve your chances of doing so by investigating real life possibilities rather than the paranormal.

Looking forward to your final findings on this subject and further posts on UM :)

Edited by Junior Chubb

Either you got ghosts/paranormal visitations or you need to stop having kinky sex with the recliner. :yes: