Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Batman Shootings

Drayno

Now, I did not want to be disrespectful to the thoughts towards those lost on the original thread, so I had to be the one to bring up some of the political repercussions. However, as much as we could consider this atrocity in Auroa, Colorado many things - it is first and foremost tragic. And I do mean no disrespect to those lost by some of my questions in this topic.

* With what happened, could we expect tighter security in public places? Could we expect some TSA-esque security in public places, now that the worst shooting / citizen on citizen massacre in American history has occurred?

* What are its repercussions on gun policies?

* It almost makes me think this shooting, as horrible as it was, was a medium to sway public opinion on guns; considering the UN gun resolution is on the horizon - and swayed public opinion would make it more than likely to pass and affect U.S. citizens everywhere. Not to mention, it could be used as a medium, as I mentioned before, to implement more procedural public checkpoints, or anything of the sort to guarantee "security".

Because we could consider this the 9/11 for movies and public places everywhere. Expect policies coming.

These are just some of my thoughts..

I don't want to be 'that guy' since the tragedy is so near.

But we have to be open to all the possibilities.. It could merely be a guy who lost his marbles, and I like to think so. I rather not be called a conspiracy nut for asking questions, but I would not rule out government agenda either..

Edited by Drayno
  • Like 3

I really don't get that mindset... So the guy went on a killing spree to sway people from guns??

Or is it that guns just kill people?...And if people have them they will use them.

Edited by Jeffertonturner

I really don't get that mindset... So the guy went on a killing spree to sway people from guns??

Or is it that guns just kill people?...And if people have them they will use them.

No, moreso that the government would use this incident to sway public opinion on guns.

No, moreso that the government would use this incident to sway public opinion on guns.

Ok. So the tragic incident didn't happen...just the government trying to fool people. Good.

Ok. So the tragic incident didn't happen...just the government trying to fool people. Good.

Either or - but my point is that it could be simply a tragic incident.

But the policies coming soon will be based off of public consensus. But the public consensus will be influenced..

And what better time to influence people than after tragedy?

It worked after 9/11 when we invaded Iraq.

Edited by Drayno

OMG, this is the first I've heard of it and when I googled "aurora co shooting," the very first story was about how the presidential candidates are reacting, not one single fact about the shooting. I'm so embarrassed to be an American sometimes. Lucky, maybe, but so very chagrined at moments like this.

Sorry to go sideways from the topic, OP, you're just the first to make me aware, ended up throwing my own politics in there with my hissy fit. But I will say that your thoughts are not conspiracy-theory paranoid. Read Foucault's "Discipline and Punish" - our system of surveillance and policing has naturally progressed to the point of the TSA/Dept. of Homeland Security becoming the national police force. THAT'S how we'll lose our right to bear arms without amending the Constitution.

I think the U.S. would giggle at any U.N. resolution about guns (even though countries that restrict gun ownership have low murder rates). Heck, we're still giggling at the U.N.'s Declaration of Human Rights, we haven't ratified it in the 48 years it's been around.

Again, chagrined...

(Respects, BTW, to anyone else's politics. Just spouting off mine because of that amendment that allows me to...for now.)

Well ,I can see movie theaters having metal detectors now. Guns will always be available,if you really want one.

Legally ,illegally,here,there .Guns are a constant,no matter what the laws are .

• Like 1

They've supposedly got some new fangled laser scanners coming out that can detect gun powder on you from 150 yards away or something. That might be enough.

Now, I did not want to be disrespectful to the thoughts towards those lost on the original thread, so I had to be the one to bring up some of the political repercussions. However, as much as we could consider this atrocity in Auroa, Colorado many things - it is first and foremost tragic. And I do mean no disrespect to those lost by some of my questions in this topic.

* With what happened, could we expect tighter security in public places? Could we expect some TSA-esque security in public places, now that the worst shooting / citizen on citizen massacre in American history has occurred?

* What are its repercussions on gun policies?

* It almost makes me think this shooting, as horrible as it was, was a medium to sway public opinion on guns; considering the UN gun resolution is on the horizon - and swayed public opinion would make it more than likely to pass and affect U.S. citizens everywhere. Not to mention, it could be used as a medium, as I mentioned before, to implement more procedural public checkpoints, or anything of the sort to guarantee "security".

Because we could consider this the 9/11 for movies and public places everywhere. Expect policies coming.

These are just some of my thoughts..

I don't want to be 'that guy' since the tragedy is so near.

But we have to be open to all the possibilities.. It could merely be a guy who lost his marbles, and I like to think so. I rather not be called a conspiracy nut for asking questions, but I would not rule out government agenda either..

Stopping lone gunmen is easy.

However your politicians wont listen to the psychologists if what they say is at odds with the states liberal-freedom ideology lol. Its amusing watching the US criticise the human rights records of Iran, China and North korea when its own is appauling.

Edited by Mr Right Wing
  • Like 1

My thoughts go out to the people and familys who now have to live with this tragedy may you find peace in your hour of need.

• Like 1

People need to realize that this kind of thing rarely happens considering that America is home to around 314 MILLION people. And only 12 so far have died.

Relax. It's not a big enough of a deal to take away more Constitutional freedoms because of something that happens every once in a great great while.

• Like 3

People need to realize that this kind of thing rarely happens considering that America is home to around 314 MILLION people. And only 12 so far have died.

Relax. It's not a big enough of a deal to take away more Constitutional freedoms because of something that happens every once in a great great while.

Last month it happened nearly every day.

Maybe our Sky News reports more than CNN

• Like 1

The timing of this event, especially after the failure of Fast and Furious seems extreemely coincidental to me. Not to mention the UN small arms treaty signing at the end of the month. The timing is almost too perfect.

• Like 1

So ... a costumeless Comic-Con in 2013?

Less flippantly, I've been told time and again here that concealed carry means that if someone does start shooting like this, there'll be an armed someone there to shoot back. Oddly enough, we never hear "man goes on attempted shooting rampage shoots three and is shot dead by passerby". So all those guns there for protection and ... you're as vulnerable as those of us in countries with strict gun control laws.

Edited by Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

That's what your crowd was claiming about the Fast and Furious mythology.

Well ,I can see movie theaters having metal detectors now.

The guy broke in the exit. Metal detectors are the front door.

That's what your crowd was claiming about the Fast and Furious mythology.

They got caught though. Now instead of making gun control legislation, they are using executive priviledge to stay outta prison where they belong.

• Like 2

I understand the knee-jerk reaction of "We need take all the guns away!!!!!!"; but that would only serve to take them away from those who OBEY THE LAW. And honestly if that had happened in say Texas, it would have been a few seconds of the OK Corral followed by no more innocent deaths. as opposed to one Psyco waltzing around on god mode.

• Like 2

I understand the knee-jerk reaction of "We need take all the guns away!!!!!!"; but that would only serve to take them away from those who OBEY THE LAW. And honestly if that had happened in say Texas, it would have been a few seconds of the OK Corral followed by no more innocent deaths. as opposed to one Psyco waltzing around on god mode.

You're right if only it happened in a state where you had the right to carry a concealed weapon....

I believe that CO. is a concealed carry state, but that most public places in that state have prohibitions on actually carrying inside( as did the theater). There was at least 1 man with a permit, but the gun was in his truck, which is sorta defeating the whole idea. It varies from state to state as to the culture and allowence afforded to possessors of CC permits.

The whole point of a CC permit is one of deterrence to criminals. The little tickle in the back of their brain as they wonder if the little old granny they want to rob may be packing a .45. It tends to make all but the most determined go elseware, and as for the determined, well dead people don't repeat offend a whole lot. Now this is not to condone stupid "rambo" behavior that some idiots get when holding a gun; a guns main job in the event of a crime is to get the innocent to safety until the authorities can arrive and do their jobs; going all gunslinger should be the very last resort when there is 0% option of escape.

Edited by wittyusernamefailed

A gun's main job is to propel little pieces of metal at high speed into other objects.

The timing of this event, especially after the failure of Fast and Furious seems extreemely coincidental to me. Not to mention the UN small arms treaty signing at the end of the month. The timing is almost too perfect.

A madman decided to murder a bunch of people. Let put the blame on him and not invent a bunch of wild conspiracy theories.

A bunch of scared people in a dark smoke filled room drawing guns with no one being sure how many shooters are involved in the attack. Sounds like a great way to increase the body count.

• Like 4

Colorado is one of the states that allow the sale of Automatic weapons,It makes no sence How do you let the public have these weapons that can reel off 60 plus rounds in less than a min ? Its not for Deer Hunting!

ITs time to change our laws about buying these types of guns. Try tell all the victims that its ok to Sell this type of gun over the counter to anyone that passes the requirments !

Crazy is like crazy does !

Im all for our First & Second rights ! But Im also for common sense ! Who can tell me why one could use a Semi-and Fully Automatic weapon to protect there home ?

Such a pitty it is to have this in our world. One thing for sure even the NRA will agree on , I hope ? A quick public Hanging in the Town Square as all the Families help pull the lever!

• Like 1

Well said Corp. I second that.