Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"You didn't build that"

F3SS

• 2 weeks later...

But who will build the roads?

September 22, 2012

Small government and free-market capitalism are about to get put to the test in Honduras, where the government has agreed to let an investment group build an experimental city with no taxes on income, capital gains or sales.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/11/private-city-in-honduras-will-have-minimal-taxes-government/

• Like 1

That's interesting. You think the Honduran gov will really stay out of their hair? I'll bet the laws have to still go through them first.

5.58$ a day wages, 50% unemployment, stable government, You do have to pay social security, unlike what the video says, but it is 29$ a year. The bad news is that the you have to employ 90% Hondurans and they must be at least 85% of the payroll. Not a bad deal overall if you want cheap labor and to be close to the Panama Canal for shipping. Cost of living is cheap too. Not sure what kind of business you could start there. Manufacturing, maybe, or services to other foreign investors. Could base a global services industry there as a home office for tax advantage though, I guess. Insurance maybe?

Edited by Gromdor

5.58$ a day wages, 50% unemployment, stable government, You do have to pay social security, unlike what the video says, but it is 29$ a year. The bad news is that the you have to employ 90% Hondurans and they must be at least 85% of the payroll. Not a bad deal overall if you want cheap labor and to be close to the Panama Canal for shipping. Cost of living is cheap too. Not sure what kind of business you could start there. Manufacturing, maybe, or services to other foreign investors. Could base a global services industry there as a home office for tax advantage though, I guess. Insurance maybe?

I'm sure big industry businesses are in mind but at the same time if you are going to move untold thousands of people into an otherwise unpopulated area the small business will inevitable. Grocery stores, gas stations, hardware stores, ect... That is of course if they plan on making these areas the least bit modern and civilized.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zw6_KVO6OeE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw6_KVO6OeE[/media]

Apparently Pat Sajak got in a little "Didn't build that" humor in a new episode of Wheel of Fortune.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Edited by tapirmusic
  • Like 1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zw6_KVO6OeE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw6_KVO6OeE[/media]

Apparently Pat Sajak got in a little "Didn't build that" humor in a new episode of Wheel of Fortune.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Pat Sajak didn't come up with that, someone else did.

• Like 3

Pat Sajak didn't come up with that, someone else did.

Merv Griffin?

• Like 2

Merv Griffin?

Yes and whomever built the roads and infrastructure on the way to the studio.

• Like 2

lol Merv Griffin probably built those too ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This was just too funny.

President Obama says his "You Didn't Build That" comment was taken out of context. Here is Obama in his own words explaining that to people who are just trying to run their business without the government interfering.

• Like 2

Stop! Stop! You guys wanna make me choke on my coffee for laughing so hard??!!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry JEKYLL... 'somebody else made that happen'

JEKYLL:

This is the moment!

This is the day,

When I send all my doubts and demons

On their way!

Every endeavor,

I have made - ever -

Is coming into play,

Is here and now - today!

This is the moment,

This is the time,

When the momentum and the moment

Are in rhyme!

Give me this moment -

This precious chance -

I'll gather up my past

And make some sense at last!

This is the moment,

When all I've done -

All the dreaming,

Scheming and screaming,

Become one!

This is the day -

See it sparkle and shine,

When all I've lived for

Becomes mine!

For all these years,

I've faced the world alone,

And now the time has come

To prove to them

I've made it on my own!

This is the moment -

My final test -

Destiny beckoned,

I never reckoned,

Second Best!

I won't look down,

I must not fall!

This is the moment,

The sweetest moment of them all!

This is the moment!

Damn all the odds!

This day, or never,

I'll sit forever

With the gods!

When I look back,

I will always recall,

Moment for moment,

This was the moment,

The greatest moment

Of them all!

• Like 1

Amazing isn't it, how they can take credit for any successful small business?

Yet if a person ends up a lazy piece of shiznit then the dems call him a victim of capitalism.

You didn't just read that.

• Like 1

Amazing isn't it, how they can take credit for any successful small business?

Yet if a person ends up a lazy piece of shiznit then the dems call him a victim of capitalism.

You didn't just read that.

Well, those people who are poor or not employed.... It is maybe because they don't live near enough bridges or roads, or maybe because they don't have enough police, fire or other government services nearby. Or, maybe they don't have enough public activists who can show them all the government Entitlements they are due. Which... if they were used right... might... just might... allow those perpetually unemployed people to open their own business. Maybe with an unsecured gov backed business loan that Joe Shmoe can bankrupt right out of when his business fails in 3 or 4 years. But meanwhile gov made that Happen!!!

I think this might be the longest running thread I ever started. I would like to thank Barak Obama for making that happen. I owe you one Mr. President. In fact, in two days I'm going to see what I can do about giving you a break from all this. I think it's time for you to kick back and relax. You deserve it. You've made enough things happen.

• Like 2

Perhaps President Obama should start thinking about Not Building his own Presidential Library. "I didn't build this, ultra liberal authors made this happen."

• Like 1