Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Question regarding "likes"

JGirl

when i receive a like i look to see what post it was and many times i can't find it.

is there a way to track them or figure out which post received it?

• Like 4

Here I am!

edit: But you click a highlighted "blabla user liked a post you made in blabla thread".

Edited by _Only

Seriously though couldn't it be set up to click on you likes counter and then see what was like from that? I was curious myself...

yes, when it says "Pope Benedict [or whoever] liked a post you made', the 'post you made' bit is highlighted in blue, and if you cluck on it it takes you direct to it.

* click, not cluck.

If you view your own profile page, on the left under your avatar is a list of categories you can look at. One of those catagories is "Likes." If you click on that then to the immediate right will load the posts you have "liked" which were made by others.

Along the blue bar that stretches across the top, however, and off to the far right, you will see the word "received." If you click on it the posts you have made which have been "liked" by others will be displayed.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, you can also set your settings to give you a notification whenever a post of yours is "liked." If you click the link that says "Member X has liked 'a post you made,'" you will then be taken to that post to see what it was.

Edited by Angel Left Wing
  • Like 2

i understand how to get to the likes list and how to get to the received likes list,

the problem is that when i see i have a new like and go to the received area if the post is one that i made a while ago it doesn't show up on the top of the list so i have no way of knowing which post got it.

the only time i can see which one it is is if it's a new post that no one has clicked a like on yet.

• Like 1

i understand how to get to the likes list and how to get to the received likes list,

the problem is that when i see i have a new like and go to the received area if the post is one that i made a while ago it doesn't show up on the top of the list so i have no way of knowing which post got it.

the only time i can see which one it is is if it's a new post that no one has clicked a like on yet.

Where it says "Barack Obama liked a post you made", clicking on the words "post you made" takes you directly to the post in question.

I have received more than 1500 likes, so sometimes I lost track of who and where. :D

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
Removed pointless number of blank lines between post and smilie.
  • Like 1

I have received more than 1500 likes, so sometimes I lost track of who and where. :D

Jon, hope you like
:tu:
  • Like 4

I do, it's actually my ringtone. :tu:

OK ... having a beer with you at a BBQ could be fun. :tu:
  • Like 1

OK ... having a beer with you at a BBQ could be fun. :tu:

I was about to say the same thing about you, dear Karlis. :tu:

Seriously sorry If sometimes I'm annoying, I don't brag for real, I like to joke about it. And remember that I give as much as I receive, in fact I'm the first member who discovered that there's a "like quota" for a day. I enjoy liking other people's replies, simply because I like just about everybody here and I find most people here very interesting. :tu:

• Like 2