Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Make A "Confession"

Left-Field

i confess that I love Duffy's "Rockferry" CD

• Like 1

i confess to sometimes assigning human emotion to inanimate objects

I always say 'thank you' to the washing machine and the microwave after I've used them. Other machines like the tumble-dryer, the kettle and the computer aren't so demanding and don't seem to need me to thank them ...... :blush:

• Like 4

I am addicted to 'Big Brother UK' ...... celebrity or regular people, they're all cringeworthy but I can't tear myself away, lol!

• Like 1

I have to confess that, while Im a good liar, Im really not very good at the lying game on this forum

I do a whole heap of stuff, others may be ashamed of but I have been through way to many therapy sessions and other such self a facing kinds of things... that I am just no longer embarrassed about.

Sorry, I can't join in....Should i be embarrassed about that, may be? :cry:

I don't watch tv but will if someone else wants too

I confess - I have "The Stand" saved in my Netflix qeue

If I have something important on my mind that I want to say to someone, but I'm home alone and I won't be seeing that person anytime soon, I say what's on my mind anyway as if they are there. Usually it's work related and a lengthy speech, lol

• Like 3

If I have something important on my mind that I want to say to someone, but I'm home alone and I won't be seeing that person anytime soon, I say what's on my mind anyway as if they are there. Usually it's work related and a lengthy speech, lol

I just do that in my mind...usually in Stewie's voice

• Like 5

I make the argument that MTV is often an insult to human intelligence, what little we can claim as a whole, but sometimes I secretly watch the show 'The Friendzone'. Also, I kind of sort of like a *few* Hilary Duff and Ashlee Simpson songs, and when I was a lot younger I was forced to take ballet. That was years ago, but I can still do pretty much all of the stuff they taught in the classes. Finally, I'm not into romance movies really, but I Love 'Nottinghill' so much, and 'Dear John' I'll admit I found worth watching too. Umm, I regularly talk to the toaster in the mornings when I make my breakfast, I rolled an ex-boy friend's car into a pond, and last year my friend and I got really hungry walking around Costco (A big sell-in-bulk store), so we just started munching on free samples until some lady started giving us dirty looks about the 5th time we passed by her cart. I have a friend who's a couple years younger than me whose (single) dad has openly expressed his interests in me, and even though I turned him down I still wonder if I should or should've said something to my friend about it. It scares me to think that maybe there's something about me like a gene or personality trait integrated in me that makes me more prone to addictions added to my own fault for that.

PS, to The Mule, I didn't care for the movie but I Loved the book.

• Like 1

I make the argument that MTV is often an insult to human intelligence, what little we can claim as a whole, but sometimes I secretly watch the show 'The Friendzone'. Also, I kind of sort of like a *few* Hilary Duff and Ashlee Simpson songs, and when I was a lot younger I was forced to take ballet. That was years ago, but I can still do pretty much all of the stuff they taught in the classes. Finally, I'm not into romance movies really, but I Love 'Nottinghill' so much, and 'Dear John' I'll admit I found worth watching too. Umm, I regularly talk to the toaster in the mornings when I make my breakfast, I rolled an ex-boy friend's car into a pond, and last year my friend and I got really hungry walking around Costco (A big sell-in-bulk store), so we just started munching on free samples until some lady started giving us dirty looks about the 5th time we passed by her cart. I have a friend who's a couple years younger than me whose (single) dad has openly expressed his interests in me, and even though I turned him down I still wonder if I should or should've said something to my friend about it. It scares me to think that maybe there's something about me like a gene or personality trait integrated in me that makes me more prone to addictions added to my own fault for that.

PS, to The Mule, I didn't care for the movie but I Loved the book.

Yes - the book was great (The Stand for those who arent following along). My general feeling is that apart from Carrie, The Shining, and Maybe Salems lot - hollywood really started doing a horrid job with turning Steven King books into movies. Christine, Pet Semmetary, Cujo, Cats Eye, Dreamcatcher....all crap!!!! I've actually never seen the movie version of The Stand yet.....so....we'll see

I confess also....Hilary Duff....I like ALL of her songs, but only if Im watching video and the sound is off....

• Like 1

I shop at the thrift store and love it.....I even go on the 50% off day. I donate the stuff back when I'm done with it. Clutter bothers me but I'm not a neat freak.

• Like 2

I shop at the thrift store and love it.....I even go on the 50% off day. I donate the stuff back when I'm done with it. Clutter bothers me but I'm not a neat freak.

Hey I'm not Bill Gates, I shop at thrift stores. The first time I moved out and got an apartment with a roommate and all that jazz I was so poor (only in Southern CA standards, that is), I had a cup of ramen noodles for dinner 6 nights a week and I went to the dollar store to gets loaves of bread and peanut butter and butter for lunches and breakfasts, and plastic recycling for 5 cents a bottle was religion to me. I swear to you if I won the lottery tomorrow and was 40 million US dollars richer, I'd still bargain-hunt, it's just in my blood :P When I was 13 my dad and step mom used to drag me to this stuffy church, so my friend and I would sit in the back pew and try to put the moves on the organist or send him notes asking if he took requests, but then we got this bag-of-bones replacement who looked like he wanted to perform exorcisms on us every time we pulled that nonsense, so what we ended up doing was using a couple of the prayer request cards they had in every pew, and the lady who put them in the basket and brought it up to the pastor never pre-read them, so at the end of a few sermons we heard things "please pray for Merilyn's safety and health in the procedure she will be undergoing to remove an awkward tattoo from her rear-end", or "please pray for Michele's success in her 12-step alcoholism program".

• Like 1

I tell bus drivers off when the bus arrives late. (They tell me off when, in their opinion, I don't ring the bell soon enough when I want to get off!)

• Like 1

Even though I tell my bf I don't like it, I actually love to snuggle...I'm a closet snuggler :(

• Like 3

I always use hand sanitizer after I touch a gas pump, no shame in it, just thought I would share :yes:

• Like 2

Even though I tell my bf I don't like it, I actually love to snuggle...I'm a closet snuggler :(

I'm with you on this. I complain and say I don't like being picked up, as in literally picked up by a guy, but I secretly Love feeling spoiled :P Weird, I know. Sometimes I laugh and giggle like I'm high even though I'm not, and what's worse is when I'm sitting by myself somewhere like the bank or the park and I think of something funny, and people grab their children and pull them closer and look at me like I'm insane, sitting there all by myself and laughing like a nutcase. Years ago when my best friend and I got to the mall way early for a movie, we sat in front of the theater and had this long talk, and she told me she thought unicorns were real, but extinct creatures, and I don't necessarily believe this, but ever since she's mentioned it I've never been able to totally erase the thought from my mind. I wish they'd just find a fossil or something already, so I could become a unicornologist. Also, people say I'm so sweet and that just kills me, because I feel so vulnerable when I cry, and I feel like I'm opening up a hole of weakness and just begging someone to take a shot at me. Nevertheless, the next time one of those sad Humane Society commercials on animal abuse comes on TV I will sprint, leap, dive, plow people out of my way, and murder just to get to the remote and change the channel as fast as I can.

• Like 1

I'm with you on this. I complain and say I don't like being picked up, as in literally picked up by a guy, but I secretly Love feeling spoiled :P Weird, I know. Sometimes I laugh and giggle like I'm high even though I'm not, and what's worse is when I'm sitting by myself somewhere like the bank or the park and I think of something funny, and people grab their children and pull them closer and look at me like I'm insane, sitting there all by myself and laughing like a nutcase. Years ago when my best friend and I got to the mall way early for a movie, we sat in front of the theater and had this long talk, and she told me she thought unicorns were real, but extinct creatures, and I don't necessarily believe this, but ever since she's mentioned it I've never been able to totally erase the thought from my mind. I wish they'd just find a fossil or something already, so I could become a unicornologist. Also, people say I'm so sweet and that just kills me, because I feel so vulnerable when I cry, and I feel like I'm opening up a hole of weakness and just begging someone to take a shot at me. Nevertheless, the next time one of those sad Humane Society commercials on animal abuse comes on TV I will sprint, leap, dive, plow people out of my way, and murder just to get to the remote and change the channel as fast as I can.

Omg lol please let me know when you become a unicornologist!!! Thats the cutest thing I've heard in a long time! I'm with you on those freaking animal abuse commercials....the people who do the needy children commercials needs to take note because those animal ones literally break my heart. You seem too sweet I think for someone to take a shot at btw, so I think your pretty safe :) I'm with you on the crying thing as well and it seems like the older I get the more sensitive I am to things, its weird. The other day my daughter and I went to see that move Brave and I cried lol why am I crying at cartoon movies?!?!

Omg lol please let me know when you become a unicornologist!!! Thats the cutest thing I've heard in a long time! I'm with you on those freaking animal abuse commercials....the people who do the needy children commercials needs to take note because those animal ones literally break my heart. You seem too sweet I think for someone to take a shot at btw, so I think your pretty safe :) I'm with you on the crying thing as well and it seems like the older I get the more sensitive I am to things, its weird. The other day my daughter and I went to see that move Brave and I cried lol why am I crying at cartoon movies?!?!

Will do lol! I feel your pain on getting more sensitive with age, and especially on the animal commercials. For me it seems like horror movies too though; last night I watched one and in this scene the "good guys" were closing in on a door, about to open it, and I was sitting on the couch going "Nononono don't open it, the monster is in there!" and if anyone in a horror movie ever listened to me, they'd still be alive.I'm not one for animation but Brave looked cute from the previews. My youngest niece dragged me and her big brother into watching Monster's Inc. with her a while ago, and at the end part i started tearing up, and my nephew was like "Geez Aunt Meri, get over it." I'm really not that sweet (thank you though), just excruciatingly softhearted sometimes I guess.Alright, for relevancy of topic, I confess that I laugh at myself like such a ditz sometimes when I'm being a klutz and I bump into a trash can or a chair or something. A while back a friend and I were sitting in the outdoor area of this coffee shop and a couple at a nearby table had a kid with them that was evidently bored and had started making faces at my friend and I, so we started making faces back and he just stopped and looked surprised, like no "grownups" had ever done that, and the little guy didn't seem quite certain what to do about it lol.

• Like 1

I rolled an ex-boy friend's car into a pond.

:o

How did you not get into some kind of trouble for that (or did you)? :unsure2:

I listen to lady gaga. :blush:

I must admit that I don't only like her songs, but I think I'd even have to say I'm a fan of hers. I like her music, her voice, and I love the way she dances.

I had no intentions of liking her. If anything, I was leaning towards trying to make sure I wouldn't... then all the sudden, it just happened and I had to accept it, lol.

• Like 1

I fell flat on my back in the front of a completely full movie theater while holding a tray with popcorn and 3 sodas. I hate fantastic 4 to this day lol. I heard like everyone in there all at once gasp and then people kept asking me while I was trying to find my seat if I was okay. I was covered in soda, it was all down the front of me and in my hair and pulling popcorn out of my shirt and hair through the entire movie, I was soooooo embarrassed!!!!!!! Its the greatest story to tell now though lol cracks me up everytime I even think about it.

• Like 4

Will do lol! I feel your pain on getting more sensitive with age, and especially on the animal commercials. For me it seems like horror movies too though; last night I watched one and in this scene the "good guys" were closing in on a door, about to open it, and I was sitting on the couch going "Nononono don't open it, the monster is in there!" and if anyone in a horror movie ever listened to me, they'd still be alive.I'm not one for animation but Brave looked cute from the previews. My youngest niece dragged me and her big brother into watching Monster's Inc. with her a while ago, and at the end part i started tearing up, and my nephew was like "Geez Aunt Meri, get over it." I'm really not that sweet (thank you though), just excruciatingly softhearted sometimes I guess.Alright, for relevancy of topic, I confess that I laugh at myself like such a ditz sometimes when I'm being a klutz and I bump into a trash can or a chair or something. A while back a friend and I were sitting in the outdoor area of this coffee shop and a couple at a nearby table had a kid with them that was evidently bored and had started making faces at my friend and I, so we started making faces back and he just stopped and looked surprised, like no "grownups" had ever done that, and the little guy didn't seem quite certain what to do about it lol.

I love monsters inc! My daughter was about 2 when that came out and she looked just like the little girl Boo in the movie and all I can say is it made for a very easy Halloween costume lol. Idk if you seen one of my earlier posts but I cried during Dr Seuss' Lorax movie too. These darn cartoon movies get me every time!