Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Large Flat Black Triangle UFO New Orleans

FenderJazzBass

So this was in the patch of sky above the street as we see in the street view Boon posted? How high above the horizon was this in degrees roughly? What was it's Angular size roughly? I ask the latter two questions because it's not possible to estimate distance or altitude of a strange object of unknown size viewed in the sky but it's Angle above the horizon and it's Angular size are things you can measure (roughly) even retroactively if your memory is still good or fresh.

• Like 1

There is a large number of die hard critics here; don't be put off by them. Your photo is acknowledged and appreciated.

very true... someone said that there will be critics until they have their own expierence and that is also true.

i have seen a triangle ufo that came into the atmosphere buring like an astroid then it disintagrated then 3 lights came outta it. i was instantly a believer. since then i have seen a few ufos working night shifts on gravel crushers and farming out in the middle of nowhere. i am planning to get a nice cam soon so i can show friends because its almost pointless to post on pages like this because of people who have not seen the saucers and triangles tell us that its swamp gas.

very true... someone said that there will be critics until they have their own expierence and that is also true.

i have seen a triangle ufo that came into the atmosphere buring like an astroid then it disintagrated then 3 lights came outta it. i was instantly a believer. since then i have seen a few ufos working night shifts on gravel crushers and farming out in the middle of nowhere. i am planning to get a nice cam soon so i can show friends because its almost pointless to post on pages like this because of people who have not seen the saucers and triangles tell us that its swamp gas.

Where does anyone say they are swamp gas here?

I_3adcde_112857.jpg

Edited by Sakari

Fair enough, I'll accept that.

Would you be willing to snap some pictures tomorrow morning of airplanes in the sky at around the same time frame?

Sure. I'll take a few tomrrow.

Its my 3rd day and still trying to understand what i saw. Mind is still blown.

Where does anyone say they are swamp gas here?

True, this isn't Reddit. r/ufos is waste !

So this was in the patch of sky above the street as we see in the street view Boon posted? How high above the horizon was this in degrees roughly? What was it's Angular size roughly? I ask the latter two questions because it's not possible to estimate distance or altitude of a strange object of unknown size viewed in the sky but it's Angle above the horizon and it's Angular size are things you can measure (roughly) even retroactively if your memory is still good or fresh.

]

Yes, the Google Streat view picture posted is just about where i was standing and looking directly down the street.

Keep in mind, the very, bright, brilliant, orange lights from the craft were all in my eyes making it difficult to determine the exact distance and altitude. The craft looked like it was around 100 feet long. When i first saw it, i thought it was out about 4-5 blocks away, but didnt hear any noise so figured it was probably a larger craft farther away. The lights and glare from the craft was preventing me from seeing the outline of the craft also.

It hovered to a stop, in the middle of the street like it looks on the picture from Google Street view. I also stood still in the middle of the street. Looking up the craft was up at about a 45 degree angle. Honestly it was very difficult to tell how large it was or how far it was away. I'll say it was around .5 to 1 mile down the street and about 300- 500 feet up.

I stood still trying to see what it was when it seemed to be getting smaller and fade away. I snaped the picture, looked down, looked up and it had vanished up into the sky at the same angle of 45 degrees, straight away from me.

Sure. I'll take a few tomrrow.

Its my 3rd day and still trying to understand what i saw. Mind is still blown.

That's great, thanks. Please try to get some on approach, with the lights pointed at you, and a series of photos showing the progression.

Back again. Here's what Leslie says about photos in her book UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Gov't Officials Go on the Record:

Even when a picture is taken, it doesn't always come out. If the lights are some distance away and the exposure is too short, nothing shows up in the frame. Also, other characteristics of the UFO can inhibit the registering of its bright lights on film. In one case, a Belgian movie producer and two colleagues, using high-sensitivity film, photographed one of the objects passing directly overhead. The photographer estimated its altitude to be only about 1,000 feet, with the object's diameter six times that of a full moon. As a control, he photographed an ordinary airplane several minutes later in the same spot, using all the same settings on the camera.

On the pictures however, the bright "spotlights" on the UFO, which to the viewers' eyes had looked much, much brighter than the lights on the airplane, were hardly discernible. The triangular shape of the UFO, clearly visible to the naked eye, was also lost on the film. At the same time, the airplane lights came out brighter than those of the UFO, appearing just the way they had looked from the ground, even though the UFO was much closer to the observers than the airplane. Laboratory experiments show that this was likely due to the effect of infrared light around the UFO, which can cause even such an object to disappear altogether in a photograph. This could be one reason why so few usable photographs were received by investigators during the Belgian wave, and why bona fide UFO pictures are not as common as one might expect.

Edited by archernyc

Back again. Here's what Leslie says about photos in her book UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Gov't Officials Go on the Record:

The second paragraph is what happened. It was traveling very, very fast. What you see in that picture was at about 500 feet a couple seconds earlier.

The whole thing was very 'slow motion" for me. The blinding flashing orange/ yellow lights were like miniature suns side by side. My vision was impaired for a few seconds but i wasn't afraid. I felt calm. I could not make out the shape of the craft nor accurately judge its distance and elevation. however when the event began, i could have sworn the craft was not far away from me. Maybe only 4-5 blocks. However i couldn't hear anything, so assumed it had to be farther away. I was still trying to figure out if it what kind of air craft it was, being so silent. The fact that i couldn't hear anything confused me about the distance and position of it.

all of this happened in a matter of about 5-10 seconds. It started to fade, i grabbed the camera & took the picture as it shrunk away from me into the sky at a 45 degree angle, exactly opposite of my perspective. As it pulled away I saw the outline and silhouette of a dark triangle shape but it flew up into the sky so quickly, it was like a blur. I snapped the picture at that time. What is in the picture is a real object flying away from me at exactly the opposite direction from my point of view at a 45 degree angle.

I could not see it with my naked eye at that point. It vanished from my sight closer to ground level but i knew what angle it was flying up in, so i pointed the camera in that direction and took the picture.

I need a decent camera, I see loads of weird stuff around here. I know most of my aircraft as I used to want to be a pilot and certianly know most of my military aircraft.

I see F-15's, tornados, Eurofighters, airline planes, heli's and I've seen a F22 raptoir here as well. Gussing it was for an airshow.

So i know the triangle I seen wasn't one of the above, it was completely silent as well.

My money is a drone though. Probably a mix between that stealth design triangle one but wiht some type of small helicopter style rotor system that will appear silent.

what is hard to work out is how quickly and quietly the craft went from being close enough to blind me with a bright, orange/ yellow light to being 10 miles away.

It simply flew from one point to the other about as quickly as your mind will allow you to imagine. I'm a practical kind of guy who doesn't really believe anything unless i've seen it work with my own eyes. What i've told you about is now forcing me to change pretty much everything i assumed i knew about the world around me, and my place in it.

Edited by FenderJazzBass

My bad. :whistle:

Some people say that they are the park rangers or zookeepers here, others that they are the landlords.

• Like 1

what is hard to work out is how quickly and quietly the craft went from being close enough to blind me with a bright, orange/ yellow light to being 10 miles away.

It simply flew from one point to the other about as quickly as your mind will allow you to imagine. I'm a practical kind of guy who doesn't really believe anything unless i've seen it work with my own eyes. What i've told you about is now forcing me to change pretty much everything i assumed i knew about the world around me, and my place in it.

The one I saw in South Korea all those years ago, which was hovering near a radio tower, tilted slightly and then took off in an upward direction at a very high rate of speed--as fast as lightning I would say.

As to what it was doing, it seemed to be mainly interested in the radio tower, not with anything else in its surroundings.

Keep in mind, the very, bright, brilliant, orange lights from the craft were all in my eyes making it difficult to determine the exact distance and altitude.

Difficult is an understatement, it is not possible. Simply becuase you don't know it's size.

The craft looked like it was around 100 feet long.

I think maybe you misunderstood me here. I wasn't asking for a guesstimate of it's size in feet (you can't know that), but rather it's Angular size as seen by you. For example the Full Moon is 30 arcseconds in diameter roughly.

It hovered to a stop, in the middle of the street like it looks on the picture from Google Street view. I also stood still in the middle of the street. Looking up the craft was up at about a 45 degree angle. Honestly it was very difficult to tell how large it was or how far it was away. I'll say it was around .5 to 1 mile down the street and about 300- 500 feet up.

To make my point, if it was at 45 degrees in the sky and 500 ft high it would also be only 500 ft distant from you, not 0.5 -1 mile distant.

Difficult is an understatement, it is not possible. Simply becuase you don't know it's size.

I think maybe you misunderstood me here. I wasn't asking for a guesstimate of it's size in feet (you can't know that), but rather it's Angular size as seen by you. For example the Full Moon is 30 arcseconds in diameter roughly.

To make my point, if it was at 45 degrees in the sky and 500 ft high it would also be only 500 ft distant from you, not 0.5 -1 mile distant.

Yes you are correct. I thought about that point exactly.

I must emphasize that as i turned the corner and took a few steps down Dauphine, the craft didn't seem to be very far away. Maybe 4-5 block if that.

However, 2 things confused me.

There was no sound, defying my conventional knowledge of a craft in the air at that distance. There should have been noise. There was no noise, there-by forcing me to question my own judgement of the distance and elevation of the craft.

Also, as soon as i turned the corner the lights, as bright as the sun, were in my eyes. It was like there were twin fireballs under the craft, shining onto me preventing me from seeing the craft.

So the light in my eyes and no noise confused me, i felt disoriented and was unable to more accurately judge the distance & elevation of the craft. There in lies the source of my inconsistencies of the angle of my point of view in relation to the position of the craft.

Because there was no sound i guessed it had to be at least 1 mile away. Still, any man made craft with in a couple miles is normally audible from the street.

That's the best i can do.

I'm now left wondering why this happened and what it will mean for my future. I'm now a part of only a few who've actually seen something like this in person. Mind is still blown.

I'm going to be painting a few pictures with acrylic so that i can show people what it looked like to me. I plan to do a series of paintings and computer graphics to show what I saw.

Edited by FenderJazzBass
  • Like 1

The one I saw in South Korea all those years ago, which was hovering near a radio tower, tilted slightly and then took off in an upward direction at a very high rate of speed--as fast as lightning I would say.

As to what it was doing, it seemed to be mainly interested in the radio tower, not with anything else in its surroundings.

That sounds like what happened to me. What did the lights under the craft look like ? Were there 2 ? Were there 3 ? Where were the lights positioned under the craft ? What color were the lights ? Did the lights glow softly or did shine with a glaring brillinance ? Did the lights change during the sighting in color & intensity ?

Edited by FenderJazzBass

I'm going to be doing drawings and paintings of what i saw. That should help people get a better idea. Thank you for your inquiries.

As soon as i turned the corner i felt a little odd but calm. The lights coming from the ship were of a color and intensity i had never seen before in the air. I walked into the middle of the street, stood still and tried to see what kind of craft it was. Suddenly it flew up and vanished to the east, UP into the sky, at about a 45 degree angle from me.

Mind Blown* :cry:

I'm a normal guy. I work every day, don't get drunk, dont take any drugs. There's no history of mental illness nor am i under any stress. My bills are paid. I am an independent artist, designer, producer and musician.

Sorry. I'm struggling with what i saw. It defys everything i thought i knew about reality. I'm now forced to question everything i've ever learned about what is true. The truth seemed like something i was familiar with, but it seems... that is not the case.

There's much learning and hard work ahead of me. thank you for you time.

I'm going to be painting a few pictures with acrylic so that i can show people what it looked like to me. I plan to do a series of paintings and computer graphics to show what I saw.

If I may make a suggestion, it might be faster to print out the street view that Boon posted and do a simple line drawing showing the position and relative size to the buildings in the street.

Fair enough, I'll accept that.

Would you be willing to snap some pictures tomorrow morning of airplanes in the sky at around the same time frame?

From this morning. Taken from about the same spot i was standing the morning of the 19th. There were no planes or anything in the sky this morning. I will try to capture what a plane actually looks like from my point of view and post it here soon. Trust, I want to eliminate all the possibilities and break this down the whatever level i need to. I'm not going to let this just get away from me. All these notes and words will be compiled into poss a blog about my sighting and experiences after.

8QfCk.jpg

vfD6B.jpg

HS88t.jpg

Edited by FenderJazzBass

If I may make a suggestion, it might be faster to print out the street view that Boon posted and do a simple line drawing showing the position and relative size to the buildings in the street.

Alright. I don't have a color printer, but i will do what you've suggested ASAP. Thankyou.

Just so every one knows (or can read) the picture i've given of the craft, is real. There is a UFO, unknown to man, in that picture. what you see is a craft that was shining a brilliant, orange yellow light that looked like 2 mini suns under the craft. The lights were shining in my eyes one second, then a couple seconds later i took the picture. It had moved that far in a couple seconds. that is a real unknown craft that is not like anything on this earth. Its real. You're all privy now to seeing it for real. For once, you can really believe me. that picture is authentic and those lights are attached to a craft that vanished from ground level in a matter of seconds. Yes, i'm still freaking out. Everything is different now.

EDlNN.jpg

Edited by FenderJazzBass

From this morning. Taken from about the same spot i was standing the morning of the 19th. There were no planes or anything in the sky this morning. I will try to capture what a plane actually looks like from my point of view and post it here soon. Trust, I want to eliminate all the possibilities and break this down the whatever level i need to. I'm not going to let this just get away from me. All these notes and words will be compiled into poss a blog about my sighting and experiences after.

Thanks for taking the time to snap the addition pictures.

I notice that the resolution on your original UFO picture is 3648x2736, but these new pictures are at 1024x768. Did you have your camera on a different setting this morning? Or perhaps these new pictures were cropped or re-sized for upload?

I also find it curious that you somehow managed to avoid getting any of the buildings or trees in your original UFO picture.

These are rather innocuous inconsistencies, but inconsistencies nonetheless.

And according to JPEGsnoop all of the pictures appear to have had their EXIF metadata stripped out for some reason.

That aside, I hope you had a good walk this morning. I can see why you'd make a habit of such a thing. Beautiful place there. :tu:

Thanks for taking the time to snap the addition pictures.

I notice that the resolution on your original UFO picture is 3648x2736, but these new pictures are at 1024x768. Did you have your camera on a different setting this morning? Or perhaps these new pictures were cropped or re-sized for upload?

I also find it curious that you somehow managed to avoid getting any of the buildings or trees in your original UFO picture.

These are rather innocuous inconsistencies, but inconsistencies nonetheless.

And according to JPEGsnoop all of the pictures appear to have had their EXIF metadata stripped out for some reason.

That aside, I hope you had a good walk this morning. I can see why you'd make a habit of such a thing. Beautiful place there. :tu:

Happy some one is so detail oriented.

I did re-size the last batch of images from this morning to 1024x768 for posting here.

The camera lens was already in the zoomed position when the original picture was taken.

I did not mean to leave that detail out in my original description. Thank you for asking. I was just coming from the levee and was just a couple minutes from taking other pictures so the automatic shut down had not yet triggered on the camera.

The morning of the 19th, I was able to just lift the camera off my chest, already zoomed, and take the original picture of the triangle UFO. It was very lucky on my part because the camera is an automatic. If the camera had been in an off position, i would not have been able to take the picture. The camera has auto focus, so the picture was a very lucky capture.

The pictures were processed and re-sized with Fotosizer. Perhaps it automatically cleans out the metadata unless otherwise directed.

The original picture is very real. What happened to me was also very real. A craft actually hovered in the air about 5 blocks away from me, shined a bright light in my eyes, and then flew away up into the sky in an instant. What is on that picture is that very craft. That's what happened.

Thank you, yes it is beautiful here. The mornings are particularly good with less of the chaos from the drunken douchery/ debauchery ;)

If they were real alien life forms part of poss hundreds of visitations a year, there would be a reason to get the attention of an earthling and then zoom out into space.

There's a message here. There's something they might want to share with us. However recognize the predicament we are in being governed by such petulant, ignorant, brutal, barbarian leaders as we have today. My god. Its no wonder this is happening. Maybe they know not many are capable of trying to find out more. I am. I could spend the rest of my life trying to find out more. And you know what ? I will.

That sounds like what happened to me. What did the lights under the craft look like ? Were there 2 ? Were there 3 ? Where were the lights positioned under the craft ? What color were the lights ? Did the lights glow softly or did shine with a glaring brillinance ? Did the lights change during the sighting in color & intensity ?

It looked something like the UFO in this picture:

5.gif

There were two blinking red lights on each end of the ring, and the intervals and intensity of these blinking lights did not change during the time I watched it hovering near the radio tower, which was about 10-15 minutes. The only time that they seemed to speed up or become a little more intense was just before it tilted and started to move upward. Then it took off, and I'd also estimate its angle of tilt at about 45 degrees.

I have always had the sense that this was an automated device of some type rather than a "manned" craft, and that the lights were possibly part of its propulsion system. It made no sound, however, and had no visible "engines", rotors or anything like that. It went from hovering and then moving slightly upward at a very slow speed to accelerating so fast that it just seemed to be like lightning.

Edited by TheMacGuffin
  • Like 2

It looked something like the UFO in this picture:

5.gif

There were two blinking red lights on each end of the ring, and the intervals and intensity of these blinking lights did not change during the time I watched it hovering near the radio tower, which was about 10-15 minutes. The only time that they seemed to speed up or become a little more intense was just before it tilted and started to move upward. Then it took off, and I'd also estimate its angle of tilt at about 45 degrees.

I have always had the sense that this was an automated device of some type rather than a "manned" craft, and that the lights were possibly part of its propulsion system. It made no sound, however, and had no visible "engines", rotors or anything like that. It went from hovering and then moving slightly upward at a very slow speed to accelerating so fast that it just seemed to be like lightning.

The Earth could serve to function as a training grounds for them. Pilots get practice flying around, while serving to help mankind gently along in his eventual evolution and enlightenment as to the fact the he is but one of many thousands of species in this galaxy alone. Maybe they have to respect us because we once we become the sole intelligent species of our particular system ( The Solar System ) we become protected by some kind of higher system of rules in place governing the mass organization encompassing our galaxy. Each solar system that has intelligent species has a right to a place at the table and the right to fight along side each other when dark, violent alien species try to invade this peaceful one.

Maybe once we get control of ourselves and develop the right technologies, we'll learn to use the power of the earth, to propel us around our solar system. Then we'll learn to use the planets around us and the sun to power our way to other solar system and then to other galaxies.

Of course that's purely speculation... ok, maybe a little intuition. Something tells me there are other sentient species in other solar systems around the galaxy that are in the same stage of evolution as we are. They'll progress the same way we will.

I'm not worried about it. I see a stunning future ahead for mankind. Where we learn to use the power of the sun to launch us into the universe around us. Of course the are still very tragic wars to fight amongst us, until the right leaders are in power and mankind has no other choice, but to take the technology and power around us and use it to leap frog to the planets and then to the stars.

One thing is for sure, seeing this has me on to so much now.... it occurs to me the earth is swimming, submerged and buoyant, in a vast ocean in space and dimensions that can mix and mingle together.

Edited by FenderJazzBass
  • Like 1

Each solar system that has intelligent species has a right to a place at the table and the right to fight along side each other when dark, violent alien species try to invade this peaceful one.

One thing is for sure, seeing this has me on to so much now.... it occurs to me the earth is swimming, submerged and buoyant, in a vast ocean in space and dimensions that can mix and mingle together.

Many people have speculated over the years that the 1951 film The Day the Earth Stood Still was part of the government's "public education" program on UFOs. I think that's very possible. The basic message of the film was that ETs were real, some of them resembled us, and they were concerned that the rapid development of nuclear weapons and other technologies on earth might start to affect the neighboring civilizations. By the standards of galactic time, these advances were occurring very rapidly, in less than 100 years, and this led to intensified observation of Earth.

In that case, though, there was a sheriff in town, a serious galactic marshal named Gort, who was definitely not to be fooled with. He could shut of all the power, destroy any weapons that threatened him, and even cancel the whole planet if he wanted.

gort.jpg

Many people have speculated that some of the UFOs really are gamekeepers, stewards, wardens, park rangers or something like that, keeping an eye on developments on Earth and sometimes putting on displays and showing off their technical superiority, just to remind people that they are tenants on this planet rather than the owners.

Many people have speculated over the years that the 1951 film The Day the Earth Stood Still was part of the government's "public education" program on UFOs. I think that's very possible. The basic message of the film was that ETs were real, some of them resembled us, and they were concerned that the rapid development of nuclear weapons and other technologies on earth might start to affect the neighboring civilizations. By the standards of galactic time, these advances were occurring very rapidly, in less than 100 years, and this led to intensified observation of Earth.

In that case, though, there was a sheriff in town, a serious galactic marshal named Gort, who was definitely not to be fooled with. He could shut of all the power, destroy any weapons that threatened him, and even cancel the whole planet if he wanted.

gort.jpg

Many people have speculated that some of the UFOs really are gamekeepers, stewards, wardens, park rangers or something like that, keeping an eye on developments on Earth and sometimes putting on displays and showing off their technical superiority, just to remind people that they are tenants on this planet rather than the owners.

The fact that we've made it this far and we're not obliterated yet tells a lot. We've made it this far so chances are, we'll make it the distance. The story isnt over by a long, long, long shot. Mankind will probaby go on to evolve and partake in the protection of our galaxy. Maybe we belong to the galaxy, if we know it or not. Mankind is just barely in its infancy. All this is a matter of deduction. Of course my argument is based upon certainties. There ARE things that do not change. Wow. Seeing this has changed things forever.

Edited by FenderJazzBass