Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Large Flat Black Triangle UFO New Orleans

FenderJazzBass

Quite true, the one of only things you could have measured by MEMORY is what I asked for you to estimate, the Angular size. I gave you a chance to honestly answer a legitimate question about your own UFO sighting but you FAILED! It's a simple question I'd likely ask any UFO witness and so does MUFON and other UFO researchers. Instead of answering the question honestly you went and found 1728.org and played around with the numbers until you found one you liked for whatever reason. Your post above is the smoking gun when you giv

And a little doggie is about to go wee-wee all over the place.

pwm1.JPG

Edited by TheMacGuffin

I am guessing at the exact distance and the angle of elevation, since I have no exact measurements, so the math is going to come up with different sizes for the UFO. All I have are approximations, so it's the best I can do.

Actually you could have done as good as other UFO witnesses, or people who see Rocket plumes, or Satellites, or people who see the Full Moon but you didn't. You can't know the size of the UFO you witnessed, a witness can talk about how big an object looked (Angular size) from memory. You can't know the true size without measurements and some Math, and you didn't answer honestly!

What if I asked you to show us the Radio Tower on Google maps and pinpoint the building your office was in so we could measure as opposed to taking your guess at the distance? I doubt you'd ever do that, but if you did we could actually measure that distance and if it was further or closer than the 400 ft you guess it was, then you'd have to play with the numbers again to make sure you don't say your UFO is "too big" or "too small"!!! Right?

Of course people who've actually seen something don't play with numbers when you ask them "THIS" (Angular size) question.

Edited by lost_shaman

the 400 ft you guess it was,

I didn't say 400 feet; I said 400 yards. One yard is 3 feet, Lost Shaman. In your eagerness to criticize me for personal reasons, you aren't even paying attention to what I say.

7e088_Retard_Girl_I_can_count_to_potato30_Ask_a_Dannyl-s407x405-97846-410.jpg

It could have been 450 yards, or 500 yards. I'm not sure, but somehow I don't think you're here to help me describe and explain my sighting, are you?

Edited by TheMacGuffin

your silly ad hominem attacks do not become you psyche.... :hmm:

Ahh Bee, would it be me any other way? When I see outright silliness I just can't help myself, it gets the better of me and I have to say something and or expose it.

and the harmonic isn't always 33

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Bruce_Cathie

• Harmonic 33 (1968)

• Harmonic 695 - The UFO and Anti-Gravity (1971)

• Harmonic 288 - The Pulse of the Universe (1977)

• Harmonic 371244 - The Bridge to Infinity

Names of his books, what about Mathematical Values of Interest?

I didn't say 400 feet; I said 400 yards. One yard is 3 feet, Lost Shaman. In your eagerness to criticize me for personal reasons, you aren't even paying attention to what I say.

7e088_Retard_Girl_I_can_count_to_potato30_Ask_a_Dannyl-s407x405-97846-410.jpg

It could have been 450 yards, or 500 yards. I'm not sure, but somehow I don't think you're here to help me describe and explain my sighting, are you?

I meant yards not feet. A simple typo. That 'typo' doesn't change anything I just said.

Why wouldn't I be MacG? I've had a close encounter with a UFO! I'm only posting here because of that sighting of mine in 2002. You seem to think I'm only "out to get you"! I'm only here for the truth. *Snip*

Edited by Karlis
Deleted inflammatory statement

I meant yards not feet. A simple typo. That 'typo' doesn't change anything I just said.

Uh huh. You seem to demand precision from other people, but don't bother to apply the same standards to yourself.

Uh huh. You seem to demand precision from other people, but don't bother to apply the same standards to yourself.

I do allow for other people to make "typo's". And like I said that 'typo' didn't change anything I was saying. *Snip*

Edited by Karlis
Defusing flame-raising

Why wouldn't I be MacG? I've had a close encounter with a UFO! I'm only posting here because of that sighting of mine in 2002. You seem to think I'm only "out to get you"! I'm only here for the truth. *Snip*

Tbh you seem to be the one going way over the top with this. He doesn't seem paranoid or a nutter to me, he posted his sighting, and worked his calculation backwards to estimate angular size, no big deal. Beyond a few astronomy friends I don't know anyone who estimates in angular size, most people probably haven't even heard of it. Until I got into astronomy i'd never heard of it, i'd have had to work the calculations backwards to get an answer a few years back...

Edited by Karlis
  • Like 2

Tbh you seem to be the one going way over the top with this. He doesn't seem paranoid or a nutter to me, he posted his sighting, and worked his calculation backwards to estimate angular size, no big deal. Beyond a few astronomy friends I don't know anyone who estimates in angular size, most people probably haven't even heard of it. Until I got into astronomy i'd never heard of it, i'd have had to work the calculations backwards to get an answer a few years back...

If you had a real sighting all you have to do is think about it. NOT do the Math! That was the point. He didn't answer honestly. His sighting goes in the Trash Bin. It's that simple. But I had suggested before this that asking MacG questions wasn't worth peoples time. My point is that he's proven me right.

If you don't believe me, ask MacG to tell us where the Radio Tower is. I predict that he will never tell us, and so we can never measure. As I said, because he hasn't truthfull estimated Angular size he would have to play with the numbers again if we measured the true distance not MacG's first best guess.

If you had a real sighting all you have to do is think about it. NOT do the Math! That was the point. He didn't answer honestly. His sighting goes in the Trash Bin. It's that simple. But I had suggested before this that asking MacG questions wasn't worth peoples time. My point is that he's proven me right.

If you don't believe me, ask MacG to tell us where the Radio Tower is. I predict that he will never tell us, and so we can never measure. As I said, because he hasn't truthfull estimated Angular size he would have to play with the numbers again if we measured the true distance not MacG's first best guess.

I suggest that you start checking out all the radio towers in South Korea, and when you find an interesting one, let me know. LOL Do you imagine that I'm ever going to tell you exactly where I was working and when? That's never going to happen. I've told you all the details about myself that I'm ever going to tell you. Take it or leave it. I don't particularly care one way or the other.

I suggest that you start checking out all the radio towers in South Korea, and when you find an interesting one, let me know. LOL Do you imagine that I'm ever going to tell you exactly where I was working and when? That's never going to happen. I've told you all the details about myself that I'm ever going to tell you. Take it or leave it. I don't particularly care one way or the other.

Thank you! That's exactly what I said. You are being so paraniod that you can't even talk about the City you were in when you witnessed a UFO! I on the otherhand have detailed everything about my own sighting honestly and will continue to do so until I CAN'T remember it anymore. That's the difference between you and I.

I looked at the properties of the original image and all the metadata is there. Looks like the picture was actually taken at 6:37 am. Size is 391 KB. It was on a digital zoom of 4. Its a Canon Power Shot G7.

F-Stop = f/4.8

Exposure time = 1/250 sec.

doesnt have an ISO speed

Focal length 44mm

Max aperture 4.53125

Metering Mode - Pattern

Bit Depth - 24

Resolution Unit - 2

Color Representation - sRGB

Compressed bits. pixel - 2

Flash Mode - No Flash/ Auto

White Balance Auto

thats the details from the properties if the original image. I'll do whatever it takes to get you a copy of the original picture, just shoot me your email and i'll send the image.

Finally, we have something: 44mm focal length and x4 digital zoom gives you total 176mm or ~800mm (35mm equiv.). You can find out FOV and thus how big (angular size) "object" was.

I'd say it was plane. As for not hearing sound: distance plus sound propagation under some atmospheric conditions, and you may get inaudible "sound".

BTW, you may find exiftool (altogether with exiftoolgui) very useful.

• Like 2

Thank you! That's exactly what I said. You are being so paraniod that you can't even talk about the City you were in when you witnessed a UFO! I on the otherhand have detailed everything about my own sighting honestly and will continue to do so until I CAN'T remember it anymore. That's the difference between you and I.

Never ask me about it again. I have given you all the relevant details, and that's it. You don't need to know anything else.

Never ask me about it again. I have given you all the relevant details, and that's it. You don't need to know anything else.

Right! That's why I asked "... is there a reason someone should get serious about asking you questions?" The answer is clearly "No!".

Edit: BTW, don't send me anymore nasty PM's please.

Edited by lost_shaman

Right! That's why I asked "... is there a reason someone should get serious about asking you questions?" The answer is clearly "No!".

And your "UFO" was just a plasma or dust cloud or something. I've heard you say things like that about it, which means it was of no real importance. I have never said that about the one I saw, which is to say I don't believe it was some natural phenomenon.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

And your "UFO" was just a plasma or dust cloud or something. I've heard you say things like that about it, which means it was of no real importance. I have never said that about the one I saw, which is to say I don't believe it was some natural phenomenon.

I NEVER said that about my own UFO. I've said I don't know for sure. I've said it was more amazing than anything else I've ever seen or witnessed or read about in my LIFE!

What I don't go around saying is that I "know" it was "Alienz"!

This thread has been nothing but a train wreck thanks to the amount of bickering over the last few pages, enough is enough.

Closed.