Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Large Flat Black Triangle UFO New Orleans

FenderJazzBass

The fact that we've made it this far and we're not obliterated yet tells a lot. We've made it this far so chances are, we'll make it the distance. The story isnt over by a long, long, long shot. Mankind will go on to evolve and partake in the protect of our galaxy. We belong to the galaxy, weather we know it or not. Mankind is just barely in its infancy. All this is a matter of deduction. Of course my argument is based upon certainties. There ARE things that do not change. Wow. Seeing this has changed things forever.

It did with me too, after I saw one. I wasn't interested in UFOs before, but I started to learn all I could after I saw one. I wasn't frightened by the experience at all, but certainly stunned when it took off like that. I just thought it was here looking around, and I doubt that it even noticed me at all. It finished whatever it was doing by that radio tower and took off into space. That's all.

Once I started looking more deeply into the subject, I also got to meet others who had similar experiences and discovered that there were a lot of them, including in the military. If I hadn't had that sighting, I doubt that I would have been invited to that lecture on UFOs.

It did with me too, after I saw one. I wasn't interested in UFOs before, but I started to learn all I could after I saw one. I wasn't frightened by the experience at all, but certainly stunned when it took off like that. I just thought it was here looking around, and I doubt that it even noticed me at all. It finished whatever it was doing by that radio tower and took off into space. That's all.

Once I started looking more deeply into the subject, I also got to meet others who had similar experiences and discovered that there were a lot of them, including in the military. If I hadn't had that sighting, I doubt that I would have been invited to that lecture on UFOs.

How far away was the UFO when you saw it ?

Wow. Looks like a Boeing 767 with it's landing lights on.

Wow. Looks like a Boeing 767 with it's landing lights on.

Plane at daybreak with landing lights.

4801927274_6f20afb676.jpg

0.jpg

6019301503_ecda595ff7_z.jpg

0.jpg

DSC02952-1.jpg

Am I the only one who sees the difference ? Is this the twilight zone ?

Edited by FenderJazzBass

That's a good question since MacG saw the UFO near the Radio Tower, then he can know the distance to the Tower, and if he can estimate the UFO's Angular size then it's deminsions (size) can be calculated.

The UFO I witnessed in 2002 (close encounter) was near the ground and I can calculate what it's size was because of it's relationship to object on the ground. Most UFO sightings don't allow for this simply because they are not near the ground or some other point of known size and distance like a Radio Tower for example.

post-68971-0-76824600-1343007845_thumb.jIm still looking for the clearance lights on the UFO`s? I wonder what E.T``s FLT requirments are ?
  • Like 1

I'd estimate it at about 400 yards away, looking out from my office window across the road to where the radio tower was. It was hovering about two-thirds of the way up this tower, let's say about 60-70 feet off the ground. I estimated its diameter at about 30 feet.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

I'd estimate it at about 400 yards away, looking out from my office window across the road to where the radio tower was. It was hovering about two-thirds of the way up this tower, let's say about 60-70 feet off the ground.

So if we know a distance we can calculate the size of your UFO if you would also estimate it's Angular size as seen by you from that distance.

So if we know a distance we can calculate the size of your UFO if you would also estimate it's Angular size as seen by you from that distance.

I cheated and used a calculator, but it came out to 31.418 feet in diameter, from one edge of the ring to other. I think its true size must have been something like that.

My best guess is about 30 feet, although the spherical part in the center must have been about half that diameter.

The ring around the UFO was solid, not open, but just attached solidly to the sphere all the way around. My feeling was that this thing was an automated device of some kind and did not have a "crew", but that's just a feeling or an impression.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

I cheated and used a calculator, but it came out to 31.418 feet in diameter, from one edge of the ring to other. I think its true size must have been something like that.

My best guess is about 30 feet, although the spherical part in the center must have been about half that diameter.

The ring around the UFO was solid, not open, but just attached solidly to the sphere all the way around. My feeling was that this thing was an automated device of some kind and did not have a "crew", but that's just a feeling or an impression.

So 5.4000 arc seconds then? That was what I was asking you to estimate. Using a calculator is not 'cheating' BTW.

I'd estimate it at about 400 yards away, looking out from my office window across the road to where the radio tower was. It was hovering about two-thirds of the way up this tower, let's say about 60-70 feet off the ground. I estimated its diameter at about 30 feet.

If its that small of a craft, i don't see how there could be passengers. Chances are it was a probe of some kind looking at the power infrastructure.

So 5.4000 arc seconds then? That was what I was asking you to estimate. Using a calculator is not 'cheating' BTW.

Of course using a calculator for the purpose of cheating IS cheating!

Of course using a calculator for the purpose of cheating IS cheating!

When I was young, it all had to be done on paper, but things are far easier now.

Thanks for the additional pictures, they are quite good. :tu:

As for my other questions, do you recall where you were exactly when you took the picture of the UFO and which direction you were facing?

He said the corner of dauphin and dumaine,facing esplanade .

More or less,north east .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

If its that small of a craft, i don't see how there could be passengers. Chances are it was a probe of some kind looking at the power infrastructure.

Not unless they are a lot smaller than us.

• Like 1

When I was young, it all had to be done on paper, but things are far easier now.

Look, I asked a simple question and instead of answering you choose to use a calculator to try and make sure you didn't get things wrong. The problem here that people can't see or estimate Angular sizes in tenths of arcseconds, but you've done so in order to try to say the UFO you witnessed was 31.418 ft in diameter. Why? Why do you NEED your UFO to be that size so bad that you have to try and calculate it first before you answer the simple question?

The truth here is that you've just been busted fabricating details of your very own UFO sighting! Why? I'd NEVER do so when talking of my own UFO close encounter!

Look, I asked a simple question and instead of answering you choose to use a calculator to try and make sure you didn't get things wrong. The problem here that people can't see or estimate Angular sizes in tenths of arcseconds, but you've done so in order to try to say the UFO you witnessed was 31.418 ft in diameter. Why? Why do you NEED your UFO to be that size so bad that you have to try and calculate it first before you answer the simple question?

The truth here is that you've just been busted fabricating details of your very own UFO sighting! Why? I'd NEVER do so when talking of my own UFO close encounter!

I didn't do that. You're the one who's talking about arcseconds, not me. As I said, 30 feet sounds about right to me.

He said the corner of dauphin and dumaine,facing esplanade .

More or less,north east .

Indeed he did, thanks for pointing that out.

You might notice that my post was made prior to his edit which included that information. Time being relative and all, it is easy to overlook, especially considering that you couldn't possibly now see that the original post didn't include the information.

All good though. Feel free to catch up with the rest of the thread before further comment. :tu:

Honestly LS, I think you're jumping down McG's throat over something that is unwarranted. So he used a calculator... How does that equate to intentional deception on his part?

To put it bluntly... You're being ridiculous mate.

I have the utmost respect for you and I trust that you have respect for me as well. Please take this as just an honest statement from a friend.

And if I'm wrong, please explain my error.

• Like 1

i saw the exact same thing on the shed of my house in Kansas idk if its new plane since Kansas has alot of landing strips and such but it was weird its crazy fast. i also notice tht some stars disappeared when it would go by them.

I didn't do that. You're the one who's talking about arcseconds, not me. As I said, 30 feet sounds about right to me.

Exactly! I just gave you the perfect opportunity to gain a shread of credibility but instead you believe the UFO you've seen was 30 ft in daimeter and made sure to use a calculator to insure you said the right thing.

Of course since you used a calculator you of all people know that you used 1.5 degrees you could have simply said that to answer my question! But you didn't! BIG RED FLAG!

Exactly! I just gave you the perfect opportunity to gain a shread of credibility but instead you believe the UFO you've seen was 30 ft in daimeter and made sure to use a calculator to insure you said the right thing.

Of course since you used a calculator you of all people know that you used 1.5 degrees you could have simply said that to answer my question! But you didn't! BIG RED FLAG!

I used this calculator that I found on the Internet, putting in estimated values.

http://www.1728.org/angsize.htm

In your case, I think the "Red Flag" is always more personal than anything else, especially since I made those cracks about Rick Perry and Texas.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Haha... oh man. You two are arguing about stuff like you are married or something. Get a hotel room ! Not on my thread ! lol ;)

just playin'

For real tho' using a calculator to determine a more accurate estimate of the size is a good idea. I feel the need to use a calculator, a computer, a watch, a camera, a video camera, sketching, role playing, a high powered microscope, a microphone or any other tool to analyze what happened. There's this need to want to understand it and put it in terms we can understand. Number and ratio don't change. Neither does the truth. If something is based upon a probability, it'll never stand up to proper scrutiny. I say bring it on, break out the calculators and binoculars because we got us some things to look at here...

Remember, to have a sense of humor is to .... umm.... be able to laugh it off. or ahhh... never mind.

Edited by FenderJazzBass

Haha... oh man. You two are arguing about stuff like you are married or something. Get a hotel room ! Not on my thread ! lol ;)

just playin'

For real tho' using a calculator to determine a more accurate estimate of the size is a good idea. I feel the need to use a calculator, a computer, a watch, a camera, a video camera, sketching, role playing, a high powered microscope, a microphone or any other tool to analyze what happened. There's this need to want to understand it and put it in terms we can understand. Number and ratio don't change. Neither does the truth. If something is based upon a probability, it'll never stand up to proper scrutiny. I say bring it on, break out the calculators and binoculars because we got us some things to look at here...

Remember, to have a sense of humor is to .... umm.... be able to laugh it off. or ahhh... never mind.

It has been going on for quite a while. It really is a personal thing. Naturally I had to use a low angle because the UFO did not seem to be that high off the ground relative to my position, not until it finally took off at extremely high speed.

One can plug different values into that calculator, of course, but once it took off I had no way of even guessing at its distance from me--except that it must have been very high up. I could only make these estimates when it was stationary and relatively close to the ground, as I perceived it from my position.

Once it took off, I could have used an angle as high as 90 degrees I suppose, but I could not even guess at its distance while the size would have been tiny, even imperceptible.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Indeed he did, thanks for pointing that out.

You might notice that my post was made prior to his edit which included that information. Time being relative and all, it is easy to overlook, especially considering that you couldn't possibly now see that the original post didn't include the information.

All good though. Feel free to catch up with the rest of the thread before further comment. :tu:

Ummm yah, its north east. I was disoriented during and after the sighting. The lack of sound, being in a vacuum and being blinded by those orange yellow lights left me unable to accurately judge the position of the craft.

I'm not a professional but can try to be as honest and truthful about what i saw in relation to what was captured in the original picture.

Seeing this in person has got my head spinning as to the implications. I'm a horse sense kind of guy who like to get his hands dirty. I don't believe anything until i see it with my own eyes. This has me making the kind of shift required to add flying unknown craft as fast as lighting to the list of actual reality just like walking down the street. To me, there's now an unknown force that has the technology to fly out into the sky from the ground instantly. This craft did not move in any kind of ballistic manner. Mind is still blown.

• Like 1