Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

random question

Sheep Say Meep

hey its happy time lets paarrtay, oh hang on i'll go get the cyanide being as life is so pointless, bloody hell cheer up

Yeah, I think I should send a couple of nice, cold beers to Sheep Say Meep via email.

guys, thinking life is pointless doesn't effect my happiness. google existentialism.

Would you be more likely to become a ghost if you died a certain way?

Why you want to be a ghost, its better to see whats up on the other side.

• Like 1

@ Diablo_04, I didn't say I wanted to be a ghost, I was just curious...

It really bothers me that we still don't know what's on the other side (or if there really isn't anything). Not knowing, and not knowing how to find out really frustrates me >:(

guys, thinking life is pointless doesn't effect my happiness. google existentialism.

OK, well, since your life is pointless, send me all your money. :passifier:

• Like 1

It really bothers me that we still don't know what's on the other side (or if there really isn't anything). Not knowing, and not knowing how to find out really frustrates me > :(

Your far from alone. But still, send me your money...

It really bothers me that we still don't know what's on the other side (or if there really isn't anything). Not knowing, and not knowing how to find out really frustrates me > :(

Why? its like knowing how the end of the movie before it begin, its not fun :D

you don't need the answers for everything only the ones you need at the moment...just chill that's my advice

• Like 1

I'm just curious... thats all. My mind never stops going lol

its cool to be curious, but its another to be seriously looking for an answer.

But the idea of ghost creep me out a little, like when I'm showering, what is some weird ghost is getting horny on me LOL

or worst a pedo ghost, staking little child :no:

Interesting topic,

Normally the ghost is there because of an unpleasent/unwanted death.

If the death is unwanted or its too early, why arent there loads of ghost roaming around the raods from traffic accidents?

Im getting to the point where its the same as aliens, i want to see a ghost to take it as being real.

To me theres far to many hoaxes fakes jokes etc, to see the truth.

Thanks for the post, look forward to seeing what others say.

Thanks,

If you are a believer in ghosts I would hope this is the case. One of my biggest issues with ghosts existing is over population, if everyone became a ghost the Earth should be so brimming with ghosts by now that you can't go a yard without bumping into (walking through) one, and every day that goes by it should be getting easier to prove their existence.

Another issue would be when did this decision (who becomes a ghost and who doesn't) come into effect? At what part in our evolution did 'having a ghost' start, and do any other animals have this trait? This line of thinking would make me say 'if' we can become ghosts, we all become ghosts no ifs or buts, its just where we hang out (ghost towns maybe? ;)) that comes into question.

You might have guessed I do not currently believe in ghosts, but I feel these questions are relevant to the original 'random question' you posted.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 2

Look Sheep, I know of a Shepherd that can take you to greener pastures...

If you are a believer in ghosts I would hope this is the case. One of my biggest issues with ghosts existing is over population, if everyone became a ghost the Earth should be so brimming with ghosts by now that you can't go a yard without bumping into (walking through) one, and every day that goes by it should be getting easier to prove their existence.

Another issue would be when did this decision (who becomes a ghost and who doesn't) come into effect? At what part in our evolution did 'having a ghost' start, and do any other animals have this trait? This line of thinking would make me say 'if' we can become ghosts, we all become ghosts no ifs or buts, its just where we hang out (ghost towns maybe? ;)) that comes into question.

You might have guessed I do not currently believe in ghosts, but I feel these questions are relevant to the original 'random question' you posted.

Well I've been saying that ghosts could be the result of energy being transformed improperly. If that really is the case, it would explain why not everyone becomes a ghost. In my opinion, if humans can become ghosts, then animals can become ghosts too.

Well I've been saying that ghosts could be the result of energy being transformed improperly. If that really is the case, it would explain why not everyone becomes a ghost. In my opinion, if humans can become ghosts, then animals can become ghosts too.

So how far down the food chain does it go with animals. I would guess you would say yes to mammals but no to insects?

• Like 1

It really comes down to what causes animals and humans to become ghosts. In my theory, its all about the transfer of energy so I'd say it depends on the animals mass. The more mass it has the greater chance some of the energy (the more mass something has the more energy it needs) wouldn't be transfered properly. So I think small insects probably would have a smaller chance of becoming a ghost where as larger animals (including mammals, but also other kinds) would have a larger chance. But not necessarily yes for mammals and no to insects.

It really comes down to what causes animals and humans to become ghosts. In my theory, its all about the transfer of energy so I'd say it depends on the animals mass. The more mass it has the greater chance some of the energy (the more mass something has the more energy it needs) wouldn't be transfered properly. So I think small insects probably would have a smaller chance of becoming a ghost where as larger animals (including mammals, but also other kinds) would have a larger chance. But not necessarily yes for mammals and no to insects.

So a large animal with say a 'traumatic' exit would have a greater chance of achieving a ghostly status? Interesting, what about body weight in humans, could this effect things?

Idk dude it was just a thought. I posted here mainly for other ppl's ideas on the subject.

i think of ghosts as after-images of events that happened, they remain imprinted on their surroundings because of the profound mental effect they had on the person (ghost) at the time. So what you are seeing is really more of a residual memory than a manifestation from beyond.

I think that some people can see these "ghosts" while others can't because their brain is on a closer frequency to the ghost. In other words the memory is more compatible with the person's mind, the more compatible the more clearer and intense the experience.

Absolutely no basis in science, but still something to think about.

Idk dude it was just a thought. I posted here mainly for other ppl's ideas on the subject.

Sorry, wasn't trying to knock your ideas, just seeing how far they could be taken :tu:

• Like 1

i think of ghosts as after-images of events that happened, they remain imprinted on their surroundings because of the profound mental effect they had on the person (ghost) at the time. So what you are seeing is really more of a residual memory than a manifestation from beyond.

I think that some people can see these "ghosts" while others can't because their brain is on a closer frequency to the ghost. In other words the memory is more compatible with the person's mind, the more compatible the more clearer and intense the experience.

Absolutely no basis in science, but still something to think about.

something to think about indeed...

Sorry, wasn't trying to knock your ideas, just seeing how far they could be taken :tu:

gotcha ^^

I like to see such free thought; it makes for a proper discussion.

Ghosts, real or not, are an unknown factor in the paranormal. Occurrences and unexplainable phenomenon definitely lend toward something being there, but we have no irrefutable physical proof (or else someone would be 1 million richer)...

So let us start with the skeptics curve, which is getting stronger. While investigators and those seeking alike are securing greater technology and methods of collecting data and anomalies we run into the double edged sword that is technical innovation. With every new piece of equipment, or every new method of research, we see another photo app or video editing software become available with ease of use out of the box. This software is turning the average Joe into a poltergeist paparazzi with little to no difficulty, and in extreme quality. So as we get better at looking legitimately, they get better at fabricating - so the skeptics are stuck being torn mostly on the question of "do I trust these people" and even if they do, it's still down to the sketchy images or sounds that are usually captured, and mass populated and propagated. So all in all, can we really trust the source, and even if we can - why should we.

To the believer's thought process, sadly more often than not - it's a simple "It's real Bro"... But some actually take the time to look into what they believe.

The Investigators curve, well -This is where the fun starts. Have to be both a skeptic and a believer in many senses to make this work, but those like me - More skeptic than not, tend to keep things credible best we can. The theories are what we're interested, sometimes it is legitimate concepts, other times simple folklore... This is where the question must be answered from. No "ghosts aren't real" or "It's real bro" - but a few of the ideas as to why.

Addressed earlier was the idea that traumatic, or violent, death will result in a severed spirit, well why? Is this really because of the "unfinished business" or "punishment/vengeance" or could it be because the body wasn't ready to die? The body, as it dies of old age, organ failure, and even disease or illness, will know it's death is imminent and begin to release endorphins to help to ease they body into a lull as it dies - along with other chemical transmitters that signal the organs to begin to shut down. The neurological patterns of a dying person are almost akin to the final movement of a symphony. Everything is planned, tuned, and happening as if conducted and predetermined by the body. So, sliding into the spiritual plane here - we would have to assume that a "soul" (not a spirit, different terms commonly bundled as that "spooky stuff") would ascend, dissipate, or otherwise at this point cease to be. So, a calm, planned death... (Even if painful or uncomfortable for the person dying, the body was prepared) - They drift off and the energy dissipates or is expended through the process of dying. Now when that process is started prematurely, or fails to start at all due to say the impact of a bullet, could less energy be expended, if any, or maybe without the transition there is a sudden dispersal of the remaining energy and it results in some form of "entity"....

But that's one look at it; some consider the Spirit and Soul two separate parts of the same being. The soul being the "battery" and the Spirit being the conduits holding the charge... They believe that when the body dies normally, similarly to the above, the charge is removed to the soul and the soul ascends - In the case of traumatic death, part of the soul fragments and more or less - the lights stay on (even when not in the body) - and this is a spirit/"ghost" with minimal memories and limited understanding...

But most believe that ghosts are simply the imagination seeking some answer to life after death, those that are religious often fall back on some form of paradise, while those that aren't often just figure - dirt is dirt. I will avoid the religious views simply because I will likely misrepresent one or more and I'd rather those be addressed based on the questioners belief at their own leisure. I will suggest looking into the pre-coptic Egyptian views though - interesting reading.

To hit a few of the other things I caught from the messages. -

No, I won't send you my money. Life may not have a great culminating point - but I still plan to enjoy every second I can... ;)

Not everything that dies would become a "ghost" - wouldn't make sense as was mentioned. If that were the case, we'd never need air conditioning... But, then again - we don't know I suppose.

I kind of like the EM theory, maybe it's all connected and we perceive it all as we see fit...

We won't really know until someone has captured one and questioned it...(or reports back from the other side)

&endrambling

:gun:

• Like 2

Going from a yes ghosts are real angle.. Depends on the lore.

If you die violently, tragically, or unexpectedly. Like a sudden accident or murder.

If you are a suicide.

If you have unfinished business, and this is often linked with died unexpectedly. Like you died before you could get X done, or your killer has not been caught and brought to justice.

If you have something to hold on to after death. Like sticking around to keep an eye on your family, or you were particularly attached to your home in life.

If your mortal remains aren't treated kindly. Like you were not buried properly, or in the wrong place.. or someone messes with your grave.

If you are pulled from the "other side". Like being summoned by a medium or sucked through a vortex and your ghost is lost or stranded on the "living side".

From the spooky angle.. Still depends on the lore.

Energy from emotions can build up in an area to the point where they manifest as an entity.

Sometimes an act or emotion can be so powerful that it leaves a recording.

Demons, wee folk, and other multi/other/whatever dimensional critters.

The notion of being able to trap or siphon souls.

Souls can shed energy at the moment of death and leave behind impressions or signatures.

The notion that earth is limbo and all souls are trapped here till the end of everything or judgement day or whatever.

From the ghosts don't exist angle, that's the only bit of lore involved. They don't exist. But there is a plethora of information out there for other explanations of phenomena.

And there's probably a whole bunch of stuff that I'm just not thinking about right now.

• Like 1