Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Out of curiousity: about demons

ZaraKitty

I do find the ideas of M theory and polydimensionality to be very intriguing; but on what authority do you deem "gods" or "demons" being interdimensional "likely" or "probable"? Extraterrestriality certainly isn't the only option, but there are far more alternatives than the arbitrary assumption of multiple dimensions. A "spirit world" could conceivably be virtual, for instance. I have contemplated before whether or not the possibility of gods or spirits is increased by the notion of cosmic engineering; perhaps highly-advanced beings would be capable of "uploading" themselves into the very metric of spacetime itself. While an interesting thought, given that there is no evidence of it, there is nothing whatsoever to measure it as being more or less "likely" than any other arbitrary idea.

Sure. I'll agree with that. My point is that the possibility for interdimentional beings does indeed belong in this sort of discussion. Being one who may have interacted with beings like this I have to consider the different options. One of them has explained it more as a concentric ring of conciousness. But I'm not sure how to relate that in words. Virtual is as likely as inter dimentional. Perhaps both.

Sure. I'll agree with that. My point is that the possibility for interdimentional beings does indeed belong in this sort of discussion. Being one who may have interacted with beings like this I have to consider the different options. One of them has explained it more as a concentric ring of conciousness. But I'm not sure how to relate that in words. Virtual is as likely as inter dimentional. Perhaps both.

Well, to be fair, I think one has to classify virtual as slightly more probable than interdimensional; we have no examples of inderdimensional beings or even necessarily that there are other dimensions beyond what we perceive, whereas virtuality and computer sciences are plain to see. In any case, I don't disagree with what you've said, only to make a note on that point.