Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chik - Fil - A Now Muppetless

and-then

Religions make a very big deal about making gay people feel like there's something wrong with them and they should feel guilty about it. The organisations that this company supports do exactly that. They pour money into making both demonising gay people and making gay people feel bad about themselves. Their campaigns are often vicious, always harmful to people and families, yet they don't seem to care one bit about who they hurt or how hateful they're being to spread their negative message.

The only good thing here is the CEO's made their position clear, which means people will be turning away from them because they don't want to help fund causes that are damaging to others.

I really do not know what to say about this to be honest. I guess the most polite thing I could say is that this man is simply stating what he believes in spirtually (The chik-fil-a owner). He is stating something that he believes is right to god with his heart. This is something greater than himself that he is speaking of. Now when it comes to a bunch of homosexuals, or homosexual supporters trying to boycott a resturaunt, they are boycotting only on how it effects their feeling. This isn't for something like the benefit of mankind. If people gave a crap about that, well lets just say alot of things wouldn't be like they are in the world the way they are today with war, famine, poverty, and disease. There is no gay rally cry to arms over anything but being gay. "LET'S NOT HELP THE HUNGRY, LET'S PROTEST A CHICKEN RESTURAUNT BECAUSE OF A MANS BELIEFS" "YEAH, WE HAVE A GREAT CAUSE!!" They there is no moral in the sense of something greater than me. This is simply, "I want, I think this is right". Guess what, you are wrong. It does not matter how we feel. It is about the law of god. There is a book you can read that will explain to you that you are wrong if you don't want to take my word for it. See a successful man like this is making decisions on faith in god, while people pushing for gay rights is all about me me me. It seems a man can hardly talk about god anymore. You speak of god, then atheists, nonbelievers and more come out of the woodwork to protest.

If you want to continue being a feminine generation of men then more power to you. If you want to have a gay partner then more power to you. My god Jesus Christ will be your judge, noone shall enter but by him. I pray for you that you make the decisions that will reflect in the light of god. I also pray that you find love, with the person that god means for you to be with.

This entire post is not directed at any one person imparticular. I am simply stating something from a source I believe to come from the inspiration of god. If you think I'm wrong, that is okay by me because I am not here to get into an arguement. :innocent:

• Like 1

I'm not campaigning against his rights. I'm not campaigning against his views. Let me be clear. He is using money to take away the rights of other people. That is what I'm against. Why is that seemingly so difficult to understand?

If he was funnelling money to groups that were anti-interacial marriage or to groups that wanted to deny non-christians the right to marry would we still be having this discussion?

If you were doing that, then I would stop eating your chicken sandwiches and I would shut the hell up. Bam, did my part. No more money from me. I wouldn't be out on the web trying to spread an anti chicken message. Jeez, what a joke.

I'm sure that's what many people said to African Americas 50 years ago, too.

Insert Chicken joke here....

• Like 1

I really do not know what to say about this to be honest. I guess the most polite thing I could say is that this man is simply stating what he believes in spirtually (The chik-fil-a owner). He is stating something that he believes is right to god with his heart. This is something greater than himself that he is speaking of. Now when it comes to a bunch of homosexuals, or homosexual supporters trying to boycott a resturaunt, they are boycotting only on how it effects their feeling. This isn't for something like the benefit of mankind. If people gave a crap about that, well lets just say alot of things wouldn't be like they are in the world the way they are today with war, famine, poverty, and disease. There is no gay rally cry to arms over anything but being gay. "LET'S NOT HELP THE HUNGRY, LET'S PROTEST A CHICKEN RESTURAUNT BECAUSE OF A MANS BELIEFS" "YEAH, WE HAVE A GREAT CAUSE!!" They there is no moral in the sense of something greater than me. This is simply, "I want, I think this is right". Guess what, you are wrong. It does not matter how we feel. It is about the law of god. There is a book you can read that will explain to you that you are wrong if you don't want to take my word for it. See a successful man like this is making decisions on faith in god, while people pushing for gay rights is all about me me me. It seems a man can hardly talk about god anymore. You speak of god, then atheists, nonbelievers and more come out of the woodwork to protest.

If you want to continue being a feminine generation of men then more power to you. If you want to have a gay partner then more power to you. My god Jesus Christ will be your judge, noone shall enter but by him. I pray for you that you make the decisions that will reflect in the light of god. I also pray that you find love, with the person that god means for you to be with.

This entire post is not directed at any one person imparticular. I am simply stating something from a source I believe to come from the inspiration of god. If you think I'm wrong, that is okay by me because I am not here to get into an arguement. :innocent:

YOUR god and YOUR beliefs are not shared by everybody. You and people that share your faith do not have the right to dictate to the rest of us what isn't and isn't right based on an old moldy book. Society as a whole makes that decision, and recently our society is more and more in favor of gays having the same rights as everybody else.

Well one thing is for sure THis company already has upset someone in higher places !

THe PR CEO of Chick-A-Fil-A just died of a heart attack ! Wow ! Bad Karma anyone?

Or just Bad Chicken?

I'm sure that's what many people said to African Americas 50 years ago, too.

I'm not black but if I were, I'd b!tch slap yo a$$! You think your such a caring compassionate liberal who "understands" like nobody else. You think you get it. Yet here you are comparing the plight of African American history to this petty bs. Gays aren't a race or an ethnicity. Noone stems from a long line of oppressed gay ancestry. In fact, that'd be impossible. Aside from some prejudice, exactly what rights do gays not have? Besides marriage, what do gays not have a right to that my white heterosexual a$s does?

Edited by Is it for real
  • Like 1

I'm not black but if I were, I'd b!tch slap yo a$$! You think your such a caring compassionate liberal who "understands" like nobody else. You think you get it. Yet here you are comparing the plight of African American history to this petty bs. Gays aren't a race or an ethnicity. Noone stems from a long line of oppressed gay ancestry. In fact, that'd be impossible. Aside from some prejudice, exactly what rights do gays not have? Besides marriage, what do gays not have a right to that my white heterosexual a$s does?

I've never claimed to be a liberal and you would NEVER catch me calling myself either caring or compassionate. I'm far from it. I was simply pointing out the ignorance of the post.

You're the one all in a huff because some people don't like your sh***ing bigoted attitude. Gay people are constantly discriminated against in the US, whether you see it or not. The fact remains that no matter how much of a %$#$ you want to be about the subject, nobody should be discriminated against based on sexual orientation, be it in a workplace, by a company or by an individual.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

DId anyone ever ask Jesus If he was Gay? ,Well you know all those bud`s tromping thru the outback and All ! Its could happen ! just saying , does that make me crazy ?

I think we all need to accept all,and everybody !

DId anyone ever ask Jesus If he was Gay? ,Well you know all those bud`s tromping thru the outback and All ! Its could happen ! just saying , does that make me crazy ?

I think we all need to accept all,and everybody !

There are some Gnostic gospels that say the Jesus "laid with them as with a woman" when referring to his apostles. I might still have copy. I'll have to look.

Then there's Jesus' "special love" for the apostle John, attested to in the canonical gospels. The same one who was always with him and "laid his head against his breast" during the last supper and is supposed to be the one at the crucifixion that Jesus told his mother was now her son.

I've never claimed to be a liberal and you would NEVER catch me calling myself either caring or compassionate. I'm far from it. I was simply pointing out the ignorance of the post.

You're the one all in a huff because some people don't like your sh***ing bigoted attitude. Gay people are constantly discriminated against in the US, whether you see it or not. The fact remains that no matter how much of a %$#$ you want to be about the subject, nobody should be discriminated against based on sexual orientation, be it in a workplace, by a company or by an individual.

And, obviously, I was pointing out the ignorance of yours. And sure, nobody should discriminate, but they do. Your discriminating my thoughts and I'm discriminating yours. Actually, any argument is two or more people discriminating eachothers ideology.

The fact remains that every type of race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, level of education, amount of success or any number of personal attributes are discriminated against by somebody, somewhere in some way at any given time. That's just how the world is. Deal with it. You still didn't answer my question. What rights do they not have?

And, obviously, I was pointing out the ignorance of yours. And sure, nobody should discriminate, but they do. Your discriminating my thoughts and I'm discriminating yours. Actually, any argument is two or more people discriminating eachothers ideology.

The fact remains that every type of race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, level of education, amount of success or any number of personal attributes are discriminated against by somebody, somewhere in some way at any given time. That's just how the world is. Deal with it. You still didn't answer my question. What rights do they not have?

There are still people today that are fired or not hired based solely on their sexual orientation. There are kids killing themselves and being ostracized from their families for being gay.

Justify it all you want, but you're just part of the problem.

YOUR god and YOUR beliefs are not shared by everybody. You and people that share your faith do not have the right to dictate to the rest of us what isn't and isn't right based on an old moldy book. Society as a whole makes that decision, and recently our society is more and more in favor of gays having the same rights as everybody else.

Thank you for capitalizing YOUR. I was not sure they were my beliefs. :unsure2:

Once again, you are thinking of nothing further than me, me, me, me. Society does not make the decision as to what is right and what is wrong, that is gods job. Recently our society has gone in a downward spiral, so i'm not surprised to see that society supports this issue. As I said before, gamble on gay at your own risk.

You and your people that share your beliefs have no right to dictate what this man spends his money on, or has faith in. If you read over this topic, the whining is laughable. :passifier:

There are some Gnostic gospels that say the Jesus "laid with them as with a woman" when referring to his apostles. I might still have copy. I'll have to look.

Then there's Jesus' "special love" for the apostle John, attested to in the canonical gospels. The same one who was always with him and "laid his head against his breast" during the last supper and is supposed to be the one at the crucifixion that Jesus told his mother was now her son.

Jesus taught to love your brother. Jesus talked brotherly love, not putting your love into your brother.

There are still people today that are fired or not hired based solely on their sexual orientation. There are kids killing themselves and being ostracized from their families for being gay.

Um yes. Do you see how some of these people come to work? You wear a pink rainbow shirt with yellow laces, and a flower in your hair and you are a dude representing a professional company. Then come cry online about how you got fired because they were gay haters. No you got fired because you were wearing a sundress and your nuts were showing. How do you get fired for being gay unless you are taking it to the extreme. Someone puts their lifes blood sweat and tears into a business and you call them a homophobe cause they don't want a guy representing their work that comes to the job wearing the most flamboyant outfit that you could find in Rick James closet.

Edited by Ugly1

Thank you for capitalizing YOUR. I was not sure they were my beliefs. :unsure2:

You seem like someone who could easily be confused.

Once again, you are thinking of nothing further than me, me, me, me. Society does not make the decision as to what is right and what is wrong, that is gods job. I don'

This topic has nothing to do with me. I'm not gay. But you're wrong, here. I don't see your god coming down and passing any laws in congress. I might have missed that in the news the other day.

Recently our society has gone in a downward spiral, so i'm not surprised to see that society supports this issue. As I said before, gamble on gay at your own risk.

Again, nothing but your beliefs here. No factual evidence that society "has gone in a downward spiral".

You and your people that share your beliefs have no right to dictate what this man spends his money on, or has faith in. If you read over this topic, the whining is laughable. :passifier:

He can have whatever backwarda$$ faith he wants, but he can't expect his opinions to not reflect on his company.

Your

Um yes. Do you see how some of these people come to work? You wear a pink rainbow shirt with yellow laces, and a flower in your hair and you are a dude representing a professional company. Then come cry online about how they got fired because they were gay. No you got fired because you were wearing a sundress and your nuts were showing.

I don't know what your are referring to. Did some gay employees can top work at Chick-fil-a dressed like that? I think it's safe to assume that it was done in protest if that is the case.

And that type of workplace discrimination has legal recourse. So, there are ways to fight that back.

A families business is just that, family business. Not yours, not mine. That's sacred to each family.

I haven't justified anything. Just reminding you the world isn't always nice. You already knew that. (see relevant last sentence of post)

I'm only a part of the problem when I discriminate. I don't. I haven't. Doesn't mean I need to take a vigilant stance about it though.

Jesus taught to love your brother. Jesus talked brotherly love, not putting your love into your brother.

I didn't write it. I'm simply reciting what is written.

He was the one with "special love" for another man.

And that type of workplace discrimination has legal recourse. So, there are ways to fight that back.

A families business is just that, family business. Not yours, not mine. That's sacred to each family.

I haven't justified anything. Just reminding you the world isn't always nice. You already knew that. (see relevant last sentence of post)

I'm only a part of the problem when I discriminate. I don't. I haven't. Doesn't mean I need to take a vigilant stance about it though.

Just because it's a family business doesn't mean that his opinion won't upset people. Of course he has every right to say it and he has every right to believe it. But people also have the right to disagree with it.

I completely disagree with the man and having seem friends of mine be subject to such discrimination, yes, it bothers me quite greatly.

EVERYONE is discriminated against for all different reasons. If a guy comes into my work wearing a pink dress, I will discriminate against him yes. If I came to your job wearing a potatoe sack, you would discriminate against me. Get over it. Nut up, Man up. :yes:

• Like 1

EVERYONE is discriminated against for all different reasons. If a guy comes into my work wearing a pink dress, I will discriminate against him yes. If I came to your job wearing a potatoe sack, you would discriminate against me. Get over it. Nut up, Man up. :yes:

Get over it is such apathetic response to the situation and it solves nothing. Just because you believe homosexuality is wrong and discrimination against it should just be "gotten over" doesn't mean that it's right.

You seem like someone who could easily be confused.

This topic has nothing to do with me. I'm not gay. But you're wrong, here. I don't see your god coming down and passing any laws in congress. I might have missed that in the news the other day.

Again, nothing but your beliefs here. No factual evidence that society "has gone in a downward spiral".

He can have whatever backwarda$$ faith he wants, but he can't expect his opinions to not reflect on his company.

Your

You are indeed right. I am easily confused when dealing with ignorance.

You have not seen the laws being passed in congress because these laws were determined before we had been born onto this earth. My god does not need to pass any law in congress, my god is bigger than the United States. Lol. Is that the extent of your view? The United States is the edge of the universe?

Regarding going in a downward spiral. Really, you can't be serious right? I will drop this down to your edge of the universe and talk about America only since that is the extent of your views. America is involved in at least 2 separate wars, in a recession (According to some, the beginning of a depression), counties in major states such as California are filing for bankruptcy, and worst of all people are protesting chicken resturaunts instead of important issues.

Edited by Ugly1

I didn't write it. I'm simply reciting what is written.

He was the one with "special love" for another man.

You probably do not care, but a man that died and was tortured about 2000 years ago has a special love for you too.

You are indeed right. I am easily confused with dealing with ignorance.

You have not seen the laws being passed in congress because these laws were determined before we had been born onto this earth. My god does not need to pass any law in congress, my god is bigger than the United States. Lol. Is that the extent of your view? The United States is the edge of the universe?

Regarding going in a downward spiral. Really, you can't be serious right? I will drop this down to your edge of the universe and talk about America only since that is the extent of your views. America is involved in at least 2 separate wars, in a recession (According to some, the beginning of a depression), counties in major states such as California are filing for bankruptcy, and worst of all people are protesting chicken resturaunts instead of important issues.

I'm talking about America because that is where this story takes place. You know, context and all that.

This isn't the spirituality vs skepticism section, so I will, this once, refrain from making fun of your god.

Financial issues and wars are hardly anything new.

Any your little condescending attitude is quite annoying. There was no ignorance in my earlier post.

You probably do not care, but a man that died and was tortured about 2000 years ago has a special love for you too.

You're right. I don't care.

How to suck at your religion

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

Get over it is such apathetic response to the situation and it solves nothing. Just because you believe homosexuality is wrong and discrimination against it should just be "gotten over" doesn't mean that it's right.

You miss the point. If a man is not smart enough to be professional at work, then he is not smart enough to represent my company. You seem to avoid a lot of issues such as the question asked by another member that said how have gays been opressed other than marriage?

Has there been anyone that you know of fired from Chic-fil-a or even anyone that you have heard of get fired from there for being homosexual?