Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chik - Fil - A Now Muppetless

and-then

Short of giving someone power of attorney it would be decided by closest relative.

So Hobo Bob is screwed huh?

Me too! Last I've heard not too long ago that it was back in the works. I know it'll be a 'fans only' flick so I hope it won't suck like that last fans only X-files movie. Something tells me it'll rock though!

I think I last heard about it in december or so saying they were hoping for a summer start. That hasn't seemed to happen, though.

Yeah, after growing up watching x-files I was really disappointed with the last movie.

So Hobo Bob is screwed huh?

Probably end up being one of those living corpse donors that they keep on respirators and keep giving fluids to until they harvest them.

First off if a transgendered individual worked for you and you fired them for wearing a dress that person would own your business shortly afterwards. Second there is more to gay rights that marriage provides. How about when one is in the hospital or needs decisions made for them while in a coma. How about visitation. How about where a child ends up or who can make decisions forthwith child when one parent is away. How about building a life together and if one dies the other is able to remain in the home with posessions without some arrogant family member stepping in claiming rights. How about just about every right you have being married. Better yet how about we just take all your married priviliges away from you and just say well he's married f#$% the rest of it. He only thinks being married was important or an issue. That way when your spouse ends up in the hospital they take your kid away from you and you wont have any right to see your spouse because heck your just their partner you mean nothing. Yes ugly one this is just about a peice of paper that says your married there are no other reasons for the rights. I have never in my life seen an uglier one than yourself. How is it to not consider anything beyond your own wants or needs? I honestly think your simply trolling with the avatar you have and the stance your taking. I don't think you even exist beyond your internet persona. Jesus has love for you too though. That's how you sleep at night. Hiding behind your Bible. Well guess what if you think a bronze age guide to living applies to how to live now then there will never be hope for your soul. Jesus himself said not to judge only one can judge and you ain't him my friend.

If you would look to page 6 in the discussion, possibly 5, you will see that I had written " My god Jesus Christ will be your judge, noone shall enter but by him. I pray for you that you make the decisions that will reflect in the light of god. I also pray that you find love, with the person that god means for you to be with."

Regarding the rest of your rant. I apologize but i'm not the congressman you need to be writing for this. Instead of complaining on internet chat boards and protesting a chicken resturaunt, how about you write your state elected officials.

Probably wishful thinking unfortunately. Oh well. Hey listen, glad we finally got along but you know * Snip * happens when you have no life on Friday night. Gotta take it out on somebody, lol. I'm sure we'll disagree again in the politics forums as I know we have before. I'm out for the night.

Sorry I called you a liberal.

Edited by Tiggs
The profanity filters are there for a reason.

If you would look to page 6 in the discussion, possibly 5, you will see that I had written " My god Jesus Christ will be your judge, noone shall enter but by him. I pray for you that you make the decisions that will reflect in the light of god. I also pray that you find love, with the person that god means for you to be with."

Regarding the rest of your rant. I apologize but i'm not the congressman you need to be writing for this. Instead of complaining on internet chat boards and protesting a chicken resturaunt, how about you write your state elected officials.

nice of you to agree. Maybe your not all ugly after all! Lmao

It's completely possible to be both religious and tolerant.

However, the sad truth is that In-N-Out could endorse the slavery of Kittens and Pandas and I'd still probably eat there.

no probably about it. I would.

I really do not know what to say about this to be honest. I guess the most polite thing I could say is that this man is simply stating what he believes in spirtually (The chik-fil-a owner). He is stating something that he believes is right to god with his heart. This is something greater than himself that he is speaking of. Now when it comes to a bunch of homosexuals, or homosexual supporters trying to boycott a resturaunt, they are boycotting only on how it effects their feeling. This isn't for something like the benefit of mankind. If people gave a crap about that, well lets just say alot of things wouldn't be like they are in the world the way they are today with war, famine, poverty, and disease. There is no gay rally cry to arms over anything but being gay. "LET'S NOT HELP THE HUNGRY, LET'S PROTEST A CHICKEN RESTURAUNT BECAUSE OF A MANS BELIEFS" "YEAH, WE HAVE A GREAT CAUSE!!" They there is no moral in the sense of something greater than me. This is simply, "I want, I think this is right". Guess what, you are wrong. It does not matter how we feel. It is about the law of god. There is a book you can read that will explain to you that you are wrong if you don't want to take my word for it. See a successful man like this is making decisions on faith in god, while people pushing for gay rights is all about me me me. It seems a man can hardly talk about god anymore. You speak of god, then atheists, nonbelievers and more come out of the woodwork to protest.

If you want to continue being a feminine generation of men then more power to you. If you want to have a gay partner then more power to you. My god Jesus Christ will be your judge, noone shall enter but by him. I pray for you that you make the decisions that will reflect in the light of god. I also pray that you find love, with the person that god means for you to be with.

This entire post is not directed at any one person imparticular. I am simply stating something from a source I believe to come from the inspiration of god. If you think I'm wrong, that is okay by me because I am not here to get into an arguement. :innocent:

Well the basic flaw in the first part of your arguement is that he's not simply syting what he believes spiritually. He is funnelling company profits to fund campaigns against gay rights. So it's not terribly surrpising that gay people (and their supporters) aren't happy about that. Really it's what he does with the money that is a bigger issue than what he said, although (as others have mentioned) he is also CEO of a company and should thus conduct himself in a professional manner which he's not really doing in this instance.

Gay people are, rather obviously, concerned with their own rights. Again, I don't know why you're terribly surprised by that. They are also concerned with what supposedly christian/muslim nations do with other gay people (imprisoning, torturing and executing them). Again, this is because those things hot close to home. Gay people do care about war, famine etc but a primary concern with them is being sure that they have the same rights, even something as simple as being with their loved one when they're in hospital.

You only think you're right because some book (that's extremely flawed, written by multiple people and editted and compiled by others) tells you so. The bible's never come across as a particularly reliable source of any kind of information. In fact it often seems like it was done by a bunch of uninformed people. We have moved on and gained more knowledge since the time of the bible. Ignoring that knowledge because the bible says so, reeks of ignorance.

I semi-appreciate your prayers, even though I don't trust your sincerity one bit. God doesn't fctor into my decision making one bit. I've a grown up and I can make decisions just fine all by myself.

Just so you know, not all gay men are 'feminine' (just as not all hetrosexual men are masculine).

Well the basic flaw in the first part of your arguement is that he's not simply syting what he believes spiritually. He is funnelling company profits to fund campaigns against gay rights. So it's not terribly surrpising that gay people (and their supporters) aren't happy about that. Really it's what he does with the money that is a bigger issue than what he said, although (as others have mentioned) he is also CEO of a company and should thus conduct himself in a professional manner which he's not really doing in this instance.

Gay people are, rather obviously, concerned with their own rights. Again, I don't know why you're terribly surprised by that. They are also concerned with what supposedly christian/muslim nations do with other gay people (imprisoning, torturing and executing them). Again, this is because those things hot close to home. Gay people do care about war, famine etc but a primary concern with them is being sure that they have the same rights, even something as simple as being with their loved one when they're in hospital.

You only think you're right because some book (that's extremely flawed, written by multiple people and editted and compiled by others) tells you so. The bible's never come across as a particularly reliable source of any kind of information. In fact it often seems like it was done by a bunch of uninformed people. We have moved on and gained more knowledge since the time of the bible. Ignoring that knowledge because the bible says so, reeks of ignorance.

I semi-appreciate your prayers, even though I don't trust your sincerity one bit. God doesn't fctor into my decision making one bit. I've a grown up and I can make decisions just fine all by myself.

Just so you know, not all gay men are 'feminine' (just as not all hetrosexual men are masculine).

So this man cannot spend money on what he feels is right? This man built the company from scratch, he can say whatever the heck he wants. When Bruce from accounting wears a dress and gets fired for voicing his opinion at a location where someone else is the owner, I do not see the big deal.

I'm not going to argue the bible. That will just come down to some have faith, some don't. Some will goto hell, some wont. Not my decision.

I do not doubt that all homosexual men are not feminine. I never said they all were feminine. There are alot of them though.

Is the bible even the only holy book that preaches against homosexuality? I'm pretty sure that is probably in just about every religion. I guess about every religion got it wrong, and homosexuals got it right, eh?

In a psychopaths mind when they commit murder, they feel that they are in the right. That does not make it so because they believe it to be. Just because you believe being gay is okay, that does not make it so because you believe it to be. There are rules we have to follow.

Anyhow, I'm going to take a leave of absence from this thread for a few days. Think i'm going to go get me a nice Chic-Fil-A sammich! MmmMmmmMMmM MmMmmMMmMMMmmM.

Edited by Ugly1

So this man cannot spend money on what he feels is right? This man built the company from scratch, he can say whatever the heck he wants. When Bruce from accounting wears a dress and gets fired for voicing his opinion at a location where someone else is the owner, I do not see the big deal.

He can do what he likes with his money. But when it's corporate money? Well. I aklways think it's rather odd that christians seem far too eager to spend money on making sure others don;'t ahve rights when they could use that money to fund disease prevention/helping the homeless etc which are positive things.

Is the bible even the only holy book that preaches against homosexuality? I'm pretty sure that is probably in just about every religion. I guess about every religion got it wrong, and homosexuals got it right, eh?

No it's not just in the bible. However, the people of the bible at one tiime or another thought the earth was the center of the universe, flat, a few thousand years old etc. People back then do, of course, have an excuse for their belief: they honestly didn't know any better. Homosexuality is the same, they didn't know any better. We know more now so we should start remembering that and acting like it.

Just because something's in a holy book does not make it true.

In a psychopaths mind when they commit murder, they feel that they are in the right. That does not make it so because they believe it to be. Just because you believe being gay is okay, that does not make it so because you believe it to be. There are rules we have to follow.

Anyhow, I'm going to take a leave of absence from this thread for a few days. Think i'm going to go get me a nice Chic-Fil-A sammich! MmmMmmmMMmM MmMmmMMmMMMmmM.

Murder and homosexuality are two very different things. Why do christians seem to be unable to distinguise between the loe between two consenting adults and something that harms another person?

Thankfully you (and your god) are powerless to make me follow those rules. I believe those 'rules' to be wrong. To be a lie coming from people that didn't have all the facts.

But I don't doubt that you'll still consider it true because for some reason you prefer to follow a bully god and want others to do thigns based on threats and intimidation.

:rolleyes:

Edited by shadowhive

YOUR god and YOUR beliefs are not shared by everybody. You and people that share your faith do not have the right to dictate to the rest of us what isn't and isn't right based on an old moldy book. Society as a whole makes that decision, and recently our society is more and more in favor of gays having the same rights as everybody else.

That's very true. But Cathy merely stated an opinion and as an American citizen he has that right also. The people who are incensed that he would state his beliefs publicly re over reacting IMO. As long as he does not discriminate against any group in his hiring and promotion practices, his personal opinions are merely that...personal opinions. Cathy did not say he wouldn't hire or serve gays. He did not say he wouldn't serve non-Christians. I assume that you see no problem with his rights being shouted down in the court of public opinion. Would you as vigorously decry some idiocy spoken by an extreme member of the gay community? IMO he just made a statement of his values and it took a tremendous amount of courage in today's world. Fortunately for him, his target market will uphold him in his beliefs. BTW...their chicken bisuits are the best I've ever hd, though they are a bit pricey :whistle:

That's very true. But Cathy merely stated an opinion and as an American citizen he has that right also. The people who are incensed that he would state his beliefs publicly re over reacting IMO. As long as he does not discriminate against any group in his hiring and promotion practices, his personal opinions are merely that...personal opinions. Cathy did not say he wouldn't hire or serve gays. He did not say he wouldn't serve non-Christians. I assume that you see no problem with his rights being shouted down in the court of public opinion. Would you as vigorously decry some idiocy spoken by an extreme member of the gay community? IMO he just made a statement of his values and it took a tremendous amount of courage in today's world. Fortunately for him, his target market will uphold him in his beliefs. BTW...their chicken bisuits are the best I've ever hd, though they are a bit pricey :whistle:

As I said a few times in this thread he has every right to say what he did and believe what he does. Just as others have every right to disagree with it and be as outraged as they choose. Though yes, I do believe that some are over reacting. I, personally, am not a huge fan of their food anyway.

Noone stems from a long line of oppressed gay ancestry. In fact, that'd be impossible.

LOL, now that was funny. :tu:

Edited by Spid3rCyd3
  • Like 1

I have no issue with him stating his opinion, just as I have no issue in those responding to his opinion. All is based on freedom of speech. Just like many Christian groups had fits with JC Penny and Oreo.

Where I personally draw the line is where the corporations money is spent to support what I don't support. http://www.prop8trialtracker.com/2011/11/01/chick-fil-as-mission-to-feed-anti-gay-hate-groups-that-is/

So, I won't give money to the corporation that funnels that money to groups I'm strongly against.

But I firmly defend the individual's right to their opinion.

Nibs

You go girl ! Me either ! Its just our opinions and we can stick with them ! Hum sounds like what the Chicky co will doo too!

I have no issue with him stating his opinion, just as I have no issue in those responding to his opinion. All is based on freedom of speech. Just like many Christian groups had fits with JC Penny and Oreo.

Where I personally draw the line is where the corporations money is spent to support what I don't support. http://www.prop8tria...groups-that-is/

So, I won't give money to the corporation that funnels that money to groups I'm strongly against.

But I firmly defend the individual's right to their opinion.

Nibs

I agree. We all have choices to make. Some can choose not to eat at Chick-fil-A. I chooses to frequent there more often, because I respect that he was willing to put the dollar aside and state his beliefs.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a bit lost in the logic of some minorities regardless of religion, heritage or sexual orientation.

Minorities are fighting for tolerance but at the same time being intolerant to other opinion?

Don't get it.

I am all for justice and equality. Specificly I support the rights of gays and lesbians. I support them in their right for same sex marriage. However I do not support them in their pride parades where it shows me that their lifestyle is much more about perversion then two people loving each other.

I support their sexual orientation but I refuse being forced to support something, emphasis on forced.

Gays and lesbians in this case want tollerance but are intollerant to other people views. Does not work this way.

• Like 1