Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if Apollo 11 had been stranded ? [merged]

Saru

Jesus...WHAT??? :cry::unsure2::no:

It might make an interesting, and educational discussion to learn what in hades you mean by that and how it could happen....but really.

Last time I checked, Neil Armstrong, Mike Collins, and Buzz Aldrin were alive and kicking as they hit the 80 year marks in their lives.

When has their ever been a corpse in space, let alone a floating one?

How does a corpse "float" out of a gravirty field of 5.3FPS2,, sealed in a derelict spacecraft, and manage to "float down to Earth"...???

Hmmmmm??? :blush:

"Arthur Clarke's "Mysterious World" eat your heart out ! :w00t:

rubish never went to the moon

You make a compelling case there, imo. :cry:

Your right!!!

Rubbish never went to the moon, it goes to the dump. Don't give them ideas though, landfill sites on the moon would absolutely ruin the Sea of Tranquillity...

Edited by Junior Chubb

NASA apparently shuts down.. I live about 2 hours from a launch pad (I live in Florida) and I see streams of exaust leading up and through the atmosphere almost twice a week.. I think they are making trip after trip to haul supplies for a fallout shelter on the moon. Just an accusation though.

I love it ! Its like reading the Sunday comics ! Keep it up gang. And Mid you are indeed the grand Sport of perseverance man ! My hats off to you. The hope bieng that in telling you do educate a few lost souls in here. Its so amazeing that people today can even believe in such non=sence !

We really do need to build a New and better system in this country to teach .

See you in Texas I hope ! the B.B.Q is always hot and smokey !

The Drinks always on the House. just dont mind the crazys running the streets!

I happen to know for a FACT there is no way they wouldnt have been rescued.

In their survival gear they had a deck of cards and thats all they needed to ensure rescue.

Anyone who has ever played solitaire can tell you, half way through a game someone always shows up to point out the card you missed.

Just ride home with that guy. :yes:

• Like 2

They were not worried because they did not have far to go!

only out the back door of the studio set.... :yes:

We thank you for that astute contribution. (It's another thread, but I wouldn't be inclined to go there. Being handed your head on a platter is never much fun... :no: )

I love it ! Its like reading the Sunday comics ! Keep it up gang. And Mid you are indeed the grand Sport of perseverance man ! My hats off to you. The hope bieng that in telling you do educate a few lost souls in here. Its so amazeing that people today can even believe in such non=sence !

:tu: :tu: :tu:

Oh...YOU TOO!

Many thanks for that sprig of genius in a sea of imbecilic weed.

But I wouldn't bother with the other thread. You won't survive there and it's no fun eating people alive.

Unless of course...you want to learn something. If that's the case, welcome!

But change your approach. Your statement contains irrational thinking that can only get you in trouble here! :yes:

Actually, rubbish never did go to the Moon.

We made some while we were there (think of 12 different men, on the Moon for a total of 11 days... :cry: ).

Actually, we did go to the Moon, and we left alot of rubbish!

Just thought I'd correct your statement, so you don't sound so naive...

:clap:

THANK YOU, D!!!!

NASA apparently shuts down.. I live about 2 hours from a launch pad (I live in Florida) and I see streams of exaust leading up and through the atmosphere almost twice a week.. I think they are making trip after trip to haul supplies for a fallout shelter on the moon. Just an accusation though.

Besides the fact that there's a regular launch schedule happening all along the range at KSC, we've got a hell of a group of great posters in the past day or so, eh???

:innocent:

What would have happened if the Apollo 11 crew had been unable to take off from the lunar surface ?

Wrong.The Cold War and the entire Space Race was part of the alchemical processing of humanity.

Rosicrucian Theater par excellence.Freemasonry and more.Illuminism and the Revelation of the Method.

Of course,there will be gatekeepers like MID,and the cheerleaders that will say otherwise.Big yawn on that one.

Turbonium has slapped them down quite well here,but this is Child's Play,and engaging in circular logic with the regular NASA Moonbeamers aka true Believers is pointless.They live to indoctrinate the Sheeple.

Would be worthwhile debating if they got beyond the infantile games,but that is never the case in moon threads.Officialdom rules,and propaganda techniques in place of true discussion and debate takes precedence over intellectual discourse and debate.

Let the Believers explain the 79 pg pdf on the PLSS for you,and elaborate on the feasibility or lack therof of either type proposed to actually work in the vacuum of space.Ask them to go over that old "skirting the puter edges of the manteospheric barrier" of earth.unscathed by he Apollo boys. unscathed.

Ask them about the LEM wall thickness and how that monstrosity could function beyond the walls of a museum in the real world,magic mylar notwithstanding.

Ask them to explain how ionizing radiation,and cosmic radiation was not a problem for the Apollo boys,but a damn serious issue for NASA now,when researching these things for future space travel.

Aslk them about the Michelin Man Effect,and why they ignore the damaging evidence Turbo has thrown at them,and only met with misdirectoin and obfuscation.

Edited by gort.

Wrong.The Cold War and the entire Space Race was part of the alchemical processing of humanity.

Rosicrucian Theater par excellence.Freemasonry and more.Illuminism and the Revelation of the Method.

Of course,there will be gatekeepers like MID,and the cheerleaders that will say otherwise.Big yawn on that one.

Turbonium has slapped them down quite well here,but this is Child's Play,and engaging in circular logic with the regular NASA Moonbeamers aka true Believers is pointless.They live to indoctrinate the Sheeple.

Would be worthwhile debating if they got beyond the infantile games,but that is never the case in moon threads.Officialdom rules,and propaganda techniques in place of true discussion and debate takes precedence over intellectual discourse and debate.

Let the Believers explain the 79 pg pdf on the PLSS for you,and elaborate on the feasibility or lack therof of either type proposed to actually work in the vacuum of space.Ask them to go over that old "skirting the puter edges of the manteospheric barrier" of earth.unscathed by he Apollo boys. unscathed.

Ask them about the LEM wall thickness and how that monstrosity could function beyond the walls of a museum in the real world,magic mylar notwithstanding.

Ask them to explain how ionizing radiation,and cosmic radiation was not a problem for the Apollo boys,but a damn serious issue for NASA now,when researching these things for future space travel.

Aslk them about the Michelin Man Effect,and why they ignore the damaging evidence Turbo has thrown at them,and only met with misdirectoin and obfuscation.

My giddy aunt, has someone spiked the drinking water around here ? Some people on this forum today give the impression of being in an "altered state".

• Like 2

Wow that's a lot of questions...

You seem to be knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Why don't you ask them yourself?

This is not the thread for such questions though. People in this thread are discussing a situation relevant to landing on the moon, you really need to get over that hurdle to take part constructively. If you do not believe man landed on the moon, there is little point participating in a thread entitled "What if Apollo 11 had been stranded?".

Its a bit like a life long vegetarian commenting in a thread called "What does Sirloin Steak taste like?"

There is a monster of a thread for you if you want to discuss and question whether man landed on the moon, see you there... :)

Edited by Junior Chubb

assume they would have walked to edge of desert and got a Greyhound back to base?

Idiocy doesn't make you, or anyone, look all too intelligent.

And, you're in the wrong thread, as you've been told.

Uh...gort, there are no believers, save those who beliieve in a Hoaxed Apollo program.

I, for instance, believe nothing. I know about it.

Is there a particular pdf concerning the PLSS yo'd like to cite?

Are you actually interested in learniong about that device?

Why don't you ask?

You really want to know how it worked?

It seems that's what your asking.

I can tell you exactly how it "worked" or, flew, which is what you mean (you could never understand how it worked--hundreds of systems integrated into a functional whole.?)

I can give you an initial statement of fact, in response to your above quoted statement:

The LM didn't ever work in a museum. It worked in the environment it was designed to work in--the vacuum of space. Additionally, the wall thickness of the LM (which you don't have the slightest idea about), had nothing to do with it's functionality and was the result of astute engineering. It had to do with the vehicle's mass, which engineers spent years trying to minimize (for rather ovious reasons to those of us who know about these things).

Wanna know?

Maybe that research yielded realities about radiation which led to the radiation shielding which was opresent on the Apollo spacecraft...thus rendering radiation "not a problem for the Apollo boys."

You kno, there were 29 "Apollo boys", 25 of whom are still alive. You c ould ask them if radiation was any problem for them....but then again, they NEVER WENT!

rIGHT????

:clap:

OH PLEASE, DO ASK US ABOUT THAT EFFECT.

Although you might need to explain what in hell you're talking about...

But frankly, I don't think you've any interest in seriously asking questions.

I think you're a drive by, and completely devoid of any astronautical knowledge whatsoever.

I'm sure you'll prove me wrong!

:clap::td::no::blush:

Umm, excuse me... If we didnt go to the moon, how do you explain the reflector that Sheldon and Leonard bounced their laser off of in that one episode of the Big Bang Theory?

Duh!

What are the chances of this site ever having a serious discussion about Apollo without someone hijacking it and turning it into yet another hoax theory thread?

The actual subject being discussed is rather interesting, so can we please ignore the hoax believers, they, after all, have the conspiracies forum to expound their beliefs. Let's get back on topic.

• Like 1

Waspie is right on as always !

Lets see If we can think of the things NASA would do to rescue say the Teams on the ISS ?

As far as future missions ect, Sir Richard Branson`s, Virgin`s Galaytic, Space -X ect co`s that are in process of stepping into the Fray !

I think all of these teams have more than exploried the needs of recovery,

When the day comes again we return to true Space Travel mark your words there will be plans set foruth to minimize the risk.

But The Entire Gammit of Space Travel in ts slef is the Most Dangerous missions we do ,next comes really Deep Sea exploration.

My money would be on Go for it ! You only Live to See the unknown Once ! The Luckie and well Planned Maybe get to Go a few times

Then we all Die. The ones that die that can say I saw it are the Winners !

Edited by DONTEATUS

I never really gave it any thought about the astronaunts getting stranded until I read the article. And the speech that was prepared just in case.

The only thing that made me wonder is if the rocket might explode on the pad and killing the astronaunts.

I never really gave it any thought about the astronaunts getting stranded until I read the article. And the speech that was prepared just in case.

The only thing that made me wonder is if the rocket might explode on the pad and killing the astronaunts.

Prior to launch or during?

W ith 14 successful manned launches on the books prior to Apollo 11, what would give you the idea that the 4th manned Saturn V launch would produce such an occurrance?

Edited by MID

W ith 14 successful manned launches on the books prior to Apollo 11, what would give you the idea that the 4th manned Saturn V launch would produce such an occurrance?

I think that is a tad unfair MID, after all the shuttle had 24 successful launches before undergoing a catastrophic launch accident.

The important difference, of course, is that Apollo had a launch escape system which could pull the crew to safety in the event of an accident on the pad or in the first few minutes of flight.

• Like 1