Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could Syria civil war start a new cold war?

Mr.United_Nations

yep .. and that's my friend damn snipers who was shooting children and adults , civilians and rebels just alike

and many has falling vicitim to their bullets

hell i think they deserve to be taken up again and thrown down again

these were the angry citizans who threw them down citizians who lost their family members or children to those snipers

on another hand .. there was another video of goverment agents throwing the dead bodies from the roofs

dead bodies of people .. so i don't know which you talking about

I don't know if these guys were already dead or not. Poor video quality. The report said it was an example of rebels killing government "workers" - postal workers. But no press officially allowed so no way to get facts, just one side talking then the other.

I don't know if these guys were already dead or not. Poor video quality. The report said it was an example of rebels killing government "workers" - postal workers. But no press officially allowed so no way to get facts, just one side talking then the other.

well that what it looks like because the goverment set snipers over civilians building just like postal service and schools and mosques

they set snipers up in those places and when the people knock them down for killing some of their children or parents ..

they act like these murderers were saints

you know what bothers me .. is that the whole world seems to get mad when syrian civilians kills some of goverment recruit " civilians " armed groups

but the world almost forgets that everyday in syria those murderers kill 200 person

you know what 200 person means ? that's not a joke that means 200 child goes without parents or brothers or sisters

that's 200 family losing a person

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

well that what it looks like because the goverment set snipers over civilians building just like postal service and schools and mosques

they set snipers up in those places and when the people knock them down for killing some of their children or parents ..

they act like these murderers were saints

you know what bothers me .. is that the whole world seems to get mad when syrian civilians kills some of goverment recruit " civilians " armed groups

but the world almost forgets that everyday in syria those murderers kill 200 person

you know what 200 person means ? that's not a joke that means 200 child goes without parents or brothers or sisters

that's 200 family losing a person

I don't think the world necessarily is forgetting...it's just that no one can be sure what's truth and what isn't. I think a couple of well placed JDAMs or cruise missiles could end the whole thing if we knew where Assad was hiding.

hell rained down on damascus countryside today

tanks , cannons , helicopters are shooting all around making the houses shake

i was out in the streets when i saw this wonderful helicopter going down like a fly by doushka fire :D

that just made my day

hell rained down on damascus countryside today

tanks , cannons , helicopters are shooting all around making the houses shake

i was out in the streets when i saw this wonderful helicopter going down like a fly by doushka fire :D

that just made my day

i saw it now,

what i was afraid of, which is Assad lasting long and a lot of dameg happening have already happened, so there is no point now, and i think that he should leave, as we reached this stage, even though he may still have the power to hang on, for years to come

the problem is that the elections, which might be the end of the problems, will be in the year 2014, and that's a lot of time, that's way i want him to stop

Aren't you a Assad supporter

The closer Assad gets to being deposed the fewer of those you will be able to find. Pretty soon there won't be any who'll admit it.

i originally was against Assad but i wanted a peaceful revolution, then i switched sides when the opposition started forming an armed groups and using countries that is enemies to syria and calling for armed foreign intervention, at that time Assad was looking like he will loose within weeks, so i was supporting a fallen man, what would i gain from this ?

i only did this for the benefit of my country, how ever, Assad won All the battles, that's why i'm against him right now, he is blowing them away, and that's a bad thing, the dameg should stop, also the opposition are gaining some good experienced people who i can trust to replace Assad unlike before

or his forces started to launch missiles near your house

which makes even a blind man see the truth

like they were doing so here from last night till now we had not one moment of peace

and exactly what battles we're talking about ? the one he launched on his people ?

or the battle against the houses and buildings of civilians .. because they really won that battle

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

Unexpected, what you have described is what in my part of the world we call a "turncoat." A classification of a lifeform with a singular lack of spine or moral compass. Whose decisions are based not upon a firm conviction of right or wrong but upon what is best for him or herself. One who is despised for wanting none of the pain of conflict but wanting to take full advantage of the pleasures of victory. In short, a complete douchbag.

• Like 2

Unexpected, what you have described is what in my part of the world we call a "turncoat." A classification of a lifeform with a singular lack of spine or moral compass. Whose decisions are based not upon a firm conviction of right or wrong but upon what is best for him or herself. One who is despised for wanting none of the pain of conflict but wanting to take full advantage of the pleasures of victory. In short, a complete douchbag.

both sides are my people, stupid

i would have spend many hours figuring out how to describe that and put it in words of english

and i would have not been able to put it better than what you did

" we wait for the winner then side with him " some moral decision !!

both sides are my people, stupid

there's " your people " who are getting killed by airstrikes and cannon fire and all what's not

and there's " your people " who are acting like animals against civilians just to stay in power

you can't belong to both

OK everybody -- clarify what the OP's main theme is all about. After doing that, please stay on topic, or have the thread closed.

Thanks,

Karlis -- mod team member

or his forces started to launch missiles near your house

which makes even a blind man see the truth

like they were doing so here from last night till now we had not one moment of peace

and exactly what battles we're talking about ? the one he launched on his people ?

or the battle against the houses and buildings of civilians .. because they really won that battle

my city have suffered from both sides, but mostly from the FSA which used to make kidnaps every cupel days to trad them with money along with robbing and killing, you think that the FSA is free of Guilt ? it Committed a huge amount of damage,

their wild actions is the reason why we are in this miss, the people first wanted reforms only, all of them was responded to within a relatively fast time

but then the armed ones said to hell with the reforms we want to remove all the regime, the supporters said No, we did what you asked for, we wait until the elections,

but the FSA decided to enter a fight they know they can't win fast, and dragged us all into it,

now first i didn't want to go to this miss even though i wanted bashar to leave, because i was afraid that wars will be fought over it

what i was afraid of, have happened so there is no point any more,

i hope you get what i'm saying

i'm not actually taking sides here, i'm constant with my Principles

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul

my city have suffered from both sides, but mostly from the FSA which used to make kidnaps every cupel days to trad them with money along with robbing and killing, you think that the FSA is free of Guilt ? it Committed a huge amount of damage,

their wild actions is the reason why we are in this miss, the people first wanted reforms only, all of them was responded to within a relatively fast time

but then the armed ones said to hell with the reforms we want to remove all the regime, the supporters said No, we did what you asked for, we wait until the elections,

but the FSA decided to enter a fight they know they can't win fast, and dragged us all into it,

now first i didn't want to go to this miss even though i wanted bashar to leave, because i was afraid that wars will be fought over it

what i was afraid of, have happened so there is no point any more,

i hope you get what i'm saying

i'm not actually sides here, i'm constant with my Principles

since i won't drag this topic more off-topic based on the mod request

all i say is none of what you said true , realstic , logical

and back to topic i think syria already turned to cold war between russia-china-iran from one side and usa and europe from other side

but all of russia and china interests in syria will be gone .. along with their citizians kicked out of syria and no longer welcome

russia will pay dearly for the life they caused to die in syria i have no doubt of that

" we wait for the winner then side with him " some moral decision !!

how i'm i choosing the winner side ?, bashar was a fallen man when i spoke against the FSA, all the people was in the revolution mode back then, i was not going with the flow at all, i was saying at that time that the opposition is not peaceful but armed, which turned to be true

also now i'm saying that i wish him to leave to prevent more damage, that prove that i wasn't "supporting" him blindly, actually i Always feel weird when you say that i support Assad

Iran seems to be backing down over their threats against intervention, maybe they know themselves that they are not strong enough.

Iran seems to be backing down over their threats against intervention, maybe they know themselves that they are not strong enough.

They already are supplying weapons, training and troops (snipers) so I'm not sure what more one can expect from them short of sending in whole IRGC units.

well they make threats and don't do anything like North Korea

I wouldn't call snipers, weapons and logistics doing "nothing". Assad would be in even more serious trouble if he didn't have Iranian help. The Iranians have "doubled down" in their bets in Syria. If Assad falls then the Sunnis in Syria are going to be avenged on Iran eventually. Just ask KoS...

there's " your people " who are getting killed by airstrikes and cannon fire and all what's not

and there's " your people " who are acting like animals against civilians just to stay in power

you can't belong to both

Maybe Assad's government is that indiscriminate.

I wonder if the Pro Assad supporters will get more fustrated with him if this goes on for another 2 months?