Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man 'allergic to technology'

Saru

Phil Inkly is forced to live in a caravan in the woods because exposure to technology makes him ill.

Imagine if you were a food critic and suddenly developed a wheat/dairy/corn/carb/fat allergy. Or what if you were a car mechanic and the smell of gas brought you out in itchy purple hives and then made you have convulsions?

arrow3.gifRead more...

Phil Inkly is forced to live in a caravan in the woods because exposure to technology makes him ill.

Hey, I'm allergic to people, and I don't have a caravan! How does that work? Anyway, interesting article, thanks for sharing.

i'll bet we see a lot more of this type of complaint, there is so much electro-smog out there

...ever notice your ears buzzing after using electrical devices?

i remember reading a report claiming a measurable heartrate increase (for up to 1 week) just after using a handheld phone.. didn't have my ECG on me at the time to test it.

I saw a documentry on this before, not sure if its the same man.

I think the result was he couldnt proove his condition, but i cant remember!

If i can find anything ill post it.

Thanks,

I'm allergic to stupidity ,ask me how I get through a day .....

• Like 1

Nothing better than a self diagnosed illness.

I am allergic to work, can I go and live in a caravan in the woods please?

• Like 4

I saw this episode of Star Trek. turns out the planet they find is toxic.

Also...

HERBERT!!

• Like 1

HAHA.. attack of the droid squadron!!!!!!

He will be happy when the zombie apocalypse happens.

Here's another article about this guy, complete with photos- including one of him using a laptop! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2178158/Man-36-lives-remote-woodland-claiming-allergic-technology.html

Look at his face in the laptop shot ! He's so p***ed they took his picture .

Oh,what a putz.

Why doesn't he jus live with amish people they have no technology at all pretty dumb that he didn't think of that first I'm sure theyd let him stay there and be amish there pretty nice I heard

Here's another article about this guy, complete with photos- including one of him using a laptop! http://www.dailymail...technology.html

Looks like he is 'allergic' to the barbers too...

He looks familiar, didn't I see him on a crab somewhere?

• Like 1

Why doesn't he jus live with amish people they have no technology at all pretty dumb that he didn't think of that first I'm sure theyd let him stay there and be amish there pretty nice I heard

There are some Amish collective farms north of where I live. They use cell phones, computers and even...(gasp) drive cars or tractors from time to time.

I wonder if he's getting disability from the Guv?

There are some Amish collective farms north of where I live. They use cell phones, computers and even...(gasp) drive cars or tractors from time to time.

That would be the Mennonites..not Amish. Mennonites are far more open and liberal and even wear colors too.

Anyways..while I can understand, to some degree, his issues if he suspected there was a problem then why didn't he use his technology to research his problems before they became a insurmountable problem?

Something doesn't seem right here....so now even being near a building that uses phones causes him agony? maybe not all of his complaints are totally physical?

You know who else was "Allergic to Technology" ?? The Unabomber.

I'm scared now. :mellow:

Anything that makes life easier is technology. Clothes are technology. If he is "allergic" to technology, dump him naked in the woods. Good riddance.

That would be the Mennonites..not Amish. Mennonites are far more open and liberal and even wear colors too.

We have Mennonites too but these folks are definately Amish. The tractors they use have metal wheels. Cell phones and travel by auto are usually reserved for certain community/business leaders who deal more with the outside world or something like taking someone to the hospital. Technically the community collectively owns these things, not any individuals.