Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted Highway

AZDZ

I have been recording these to my DVR but haven't gotten around to watching them yet, should I even bother myself to make time to do so?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AZDZ

• Q-C

• Princess Serenity

• buckskin scout

I've watched a couple of episodes of this and I'm not sure..

If you like to see some less common urban legend in real filming spots, sure. That was cool enough to see some hiking around in areas I haven't seen before. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure some of the investigators are recycled. The whole thing struck me as a combo between the fact/faked show and the animal/legend hunter show.

I think this show might show a promise of showing off some more local-ish legends. Which is cool. But it is mostly traveling during the day building up to the night and then night investigation with doo-da's and gadgets.

Hello rashore.

Very interesting. Hey I really love doo-da's and gadgets, they expose some of the best evidence imo. Thank you.

Any other opinions?

I've watched a couple of episodes of this and I'm not sure..

If you like to see some less common urban legend in real filming spots, sure. That was cool enough to see some hiking around in areas I haven't seen before. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure some of the investigators are recycled. The whole thing struck me as a combo between the fact/faked show and the animal/legend hunter show.

I think this show might show a promise of showing off some more local-ish legends. Which is cool. But it is mostly traveling during the day building up to the night and then night investigation with doo-da's and gadgets.

Yes, Jael is from from Fact or Faked.

So QuiteContrary, (no offense but. for some reason, that is the most difficult SN I've ever typed! ;-) you have no discernible opinion on it's quality, or lack of, in comparison to, or on its own, to UFOH?

Whoa, woah, woah. Excuse the hell out of me for asking a question but, these are forums for doing that, right?

Some kind of paranoia, probably because of the strong willed, over bearing skeptics here, is prevelant, I can tell. Just forget the whole fricken thing, okay. Better now? Does that help reduce your fear of someone stating a contrary opinion?

So QuiteContrary, (no offense but. for some reason, that is the most difficult SN I've ever typed! ;-) you have no discernible opinion on it's quality, or lack of, in comparison to, or on its own, to UFOH?

I responded to rayshore's post (thus the use of the quote button) that "the investigators are recycled". Otherwise, I do not understand your post above.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Can't say I've heard of this show but it sounds interesting I might just have a sticky.

Okay, reread your post when fully awake. Now I understand, sorry. I don't think you want my opinion. I watched one episode, but I'm not a believer in the stuff they chase after.

I have watched a couple of episodes, and it is fairly entertaining. Although, what kind of show can you really take too seriously with Jack Osbourne as a host. The two shows I have watched have presented a couple of interesting legends, but offer no real form of evidence at shows end. If you want to be entertained for a little while it's ok, if you are looking for hardcore proof, serious scientific investigation skills, etc.. then look elsewhere. Two of the investigators are from Fact/Faked as well.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Jack Osbourne wasnt in the last couple of episodes due to being diagnosed with MS.

But, yes, this program is pure entertainment yet with each successive episode I have watched (and I watched them all) I found my interest waning more and more.

It is just the conduct of the investigators themselves. Pfft! :rolleyes:

I personally love this show. The legends that they investigate I haven't even heard of! Except for the "skin walker" legend. That's something I wouldn't investigate at all. The swamp Lady was a scary episode (at least to me). I think it's interesting.

Jack Osbourne? The spawn of Ozzy and the red haired Sharon? And the purple haired wannabe on E?

You really want to take seriously anything an Osbourne is mixed up in?

H'm. I'd think harder if I were you. :td:

They are what they are - pretty entertaining, but that's about it.

Cool to hear about some of the more lesser known urban legends out there, but they are all fairly transparent.

The best part, however, was the Skinwalker episode when he's filming himself in front of the store and the sign behind him says LIQUOR SLOTS.

I almost peed myself laughing.

Can't say I've heard of this show but it sounds interesting I might just have a sticky.

I am going to watch them eventually, hope we can compare notes someday.

Okay, reread your post when fully awake. Now I understand, sorry. I don't think you want my opinion. I watched one episode, but I'm not a believer in the stuff they chase after.

OKAY. I respect your opinion. Thank you fore being respectful of mine.

I have watched a couple of episodes, and it is fairly entertaining. Although, what kind of show can you really take too seriously with Jack Osbourne as a host. The two shows I have watched have presented a couple of interesting legends, but offer no real form of evidence at shows end. If you want to be entertained for a little while it's ok, if you are looking for hardcore proof, serious scientific investigation skills, etc.. then look elsewhere. Two of the investigators are from Fact/Faked as well.

Mike

Oh boy. :lol:

Jack Osbourne wasnt in the last couple of episodes due to being diagnosed with MS.

But, yes, this program is pure entertainment yet with each successive episode I have watched (and I watched them all) I found my interest waning more and more.

It is just the conduct of the investigators themselves. Pfft! :rolleyes:

Bummer.

I personally love this show. The legends that they investigate I haven't even heard of! Except for the "skin walker" legend. That's something I wouldn't investigate at all. The swamp Lady was a scary episode (at least to me). I think it's interesting.

Sounds cool.

Jack Osbourne? The spawn of Ozzy and the red haired Sharon? And the purple haired wannabe on E?

You really want to take seriously anything an Osbourne is mixed up in?

H'm. I'd think harder if I were you. :td:

Hmm. So long as the presented facts are served straight up I don't care who presents them.

They are what they are - pretty entertaining, but that's about it.

Cool to hear about some of the more lesser known urban legends out there, but they are all fairly transparent.

The best part, however, was the Skinwalker episode when he's filming himself in front of the store and the sign behind him says LIQUOR SLOTS.

I almost peed myself laughing.

:lol:

Well for starters Jack Osbourne is clearly banging Dana Workman. Thats my impression whenever i watch this show. Same with jael and Devin. Jael even got Naked. However besides the fact that both investorgators are clearly banging each other im a little Skeptical when it comes to the Fact or faked Team. They are Known Debunkers/Hoaxers. Yet out of all the Paranormal shows i have watched i feel jael and Devin have the best invistigation methods. But the one Howler episode i am skeptical because on Fact or Facked they have been shown to go to Great Lengths to debunk a piece of evidence. So they could have easily hoaxed that episode. But i am more open minded with Jack and dana. Because they are a brand new team in the world of Paranormal television.

Edited by stevemagegod

I actually like this show because it's kind of similar to Destination Truth (which is my favorite paranormal reality show) It's interesting to see all the places they go and local legends. I do watch for entertainment purposes only. I don't put 100 percent trust in anything I see on tv.

I also like that there are only two investigators per investigation. This may not be exactly safe, but it's scarier and more thrilling. The haunted ghost mining town especially had me feeling anxious even though I'm skeptical about ghosts. At some point during the episodes, the team usually splits up. They're much more vulernable and it's easy to place myself in their shoes. I'd be scared as heck if I were Jael alone in that isolation chamber.

I think they should just ditch Jack and Dana though. I enjoy Jael and Devon much more.They have better chemistry/joke around with each other more and are also better investigators.

Edited by RavenEyes19

• 2 weeks later...

^^ The 'personal dramas' of team members in these kind of shows really irk me. It's like; 'We got no eveidence to bring so lets soap it up. That'll keep 'em interested.' Horsecrap. I fast forward though those scenes. If I wanted to see that crap then I'd watch those housemate reality shows. All the sappiness over Grant leaving GH almost made me throw my remote at the TV.

^Ohh, love DT. Thanks for chiming in.

• 4 months later...

Well after watching the first five episodes I find I like this one. Much better than CUFOs, at least. The pacing was great, really seemed to pack a lot of investigation into each segment. I kinda like that over DT which, though Josh Gates is a hoot to watch, seems a little too drawn out now, in comparison. Will be keeping the DVR set to record this one for sure.