Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do you explain this?

Mnemonix

Does this poster come in english? I know a kid who would love this, poster.

People don't seem to understand a fossil is a rear event. Most things don't turn into fossils, they are eaten, scattered and decay. Once in a great while something gets covered or leaves a print which makes a fossil. I have collected fossils all my life. (I lost most of my collection in a move.) I wish I could go out and find a fossil in every hole I dig, but that doesn't happen, so the evidence has some gaps in it and it is not a seamless line. IMO there is enough evidence to show living things evolve and change through generations.

I haven't seen it in english but honestly, I haven't looked. :) I'll see if I come across it and will let you know right away.

Nibs

• Like 1

Try this Darkwind..from Amazon ..Darwins Evolution Tree Of Life poster - > http://www.amazon.co...6/dp/B003XRAI90

Another that I think would be interesting for kids is this -> http://www.evogeneao.com/images/Evo-poster-small.gif

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

The ant colony needs a queen to reproduce, and the queen needs the workers to gather food. One cannot survive without the other. So how did the queen evolve without the workers, or the workers without the queen?

Does cause always come before effect?

Suppose I touch a hot radiator and burn my hand. Was the radiator hot because someone had turned it on? or did burning my hand bring into being a past where someone turned it on?

http://en.wikipedia....aser_experiment

Does the search for a past bring one into being?

Can the past be changed?

Suppose you do a Quantum Eraser Experiment on yourself where you amnesia away all knowledge and all information relating to evolution. Did we still evolve from apes?

The only truth is your mind.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

Does cause always come before effect?

Suppose I touch a hot radiator and burn my hand. Was the radiator hot because someone had turned it on? or did burning my hand bring into being a past where someone turned it on?

http://en.wikipedia....aser_experiment

Does the search for a past bring one into being?

Can the past be changed?

Suppose you do a Quantum Eraser Experiment on yourself where you amnesia away all knowledge and all information relating to evolution. Did we still evolve from apes?

The only truth is your mind.

As your hand approaches the radiator you feel the heat emanating from it so yes it was turned on by someone prior to your hand burning.

Since we never evolved from apes the answer to the last part is no.

As your hand approaches the radiator you feel the heat emanating from it so yes it was turned on by someone prior to your hand burning.

Since we never evolved from apes the answer to the last part is no.

If you want to be precise the point is when information about the raidator being hot is received.

At that point was the past created or was the radiator already hot because someone switched it on?

Edited by Mr Right Wing

So does that mean that there is a fossil for every single stage of evolution for any given species?

Hey Lrak,

Probably the easiest way to think of it:

1. There are not fossils for every creature that ever lived (from the first single cell organisms ~3.8 billion years ago all the way to current living species).

2. ~90% of all living species (some estimates around 10 million) have still not been discovered (current living species).

So imagine how many different species have existed over that time period.

Every human on earth could look for fossils for the next year and we would still have a far from complete fossil record!!

Stuff the kids, I want one in English!

• Like 1

Stuff the kids, I want one in English!

Darkwind wants one for a kid he likes...I doubt he would take on your attitude....Easy - Google them in English !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Darkwind wants one for a kid he likes...I doubt he would take on your attitude....Easy - Google them in English !!

Haha yes I know, hence 'kids' as plural. Of course I'd let the kid he's referring to have the first one! ;)

People tend to forget the fact that fossils usually form in a very extraordinary situation. In most cases bones just crumble away.