Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Olympic Ceremony Heathcare Propaganda

acidhead

Wow, this thread has gone off it's tracks. I also think perhaps it might be heading into the land of discussing doing illegal things, and that's not ok.

In an effort to get the thread back on topic...

So, is there anyone that thinks the NHS part of the opening ceremony was propaganda targeted at U.S. folk? Personally, I think not. But I wouldn't doubt it that some U.S. folk would think it was.

Was that segment propaganda in general for all the world? Perhaps. I don't think so, but other people apparently do.

Wow, this thread has gone off it's tracks. I also think perhaps it might be heading into the land of discussing doing illegal things, and that's not ok.

In an effort to get the thread back on topic...

So, is there anyone that thinks the NHS part of the opening ceremony was propaganda targeted at U.S. folk? Personally, I think not. But I wouldn't doubt it that some U.S. folk would think it was.

Was that segment propaganda in general for all the world? Perhaps. I don't think so, but other people apparently do.

Given that it fell under "Britain's Great Achievements" in the show I doubt it was propaganda aimed at anybody, It was the British celebrating themselves.

Edited by questionmark

Discussing doing illegal things isn't being discussed, because he's making it up. He wouldn't know how to avoid tax if it was driving a 4x4 and trying to run him over....

Best to go back on topic though, this convo with him is stupid on an epic scale...

Huh. I never even thought of any thing negative when watching the Opening Ceremony. I was very impressed with the kids and the fact that actual doctors and nurses were involved.

Opening Olympic Ceremony

Does anyone else ever worry that too much is read into stuff?

Nibs

• Like 3

Youre all wrong, did you notice they played the theme music from "The Exorcist"? Clearly it was all a nod to the Catholic Church.

I told you what I do I work in sales.

When I spend my money it goes back into the economy. Thats how I contribute.

To be honest, your arguments are usually pretty weak. This is not an exception.

• Like 1

Its about 16 actually.

You have no idea how unfair a 40% tax rate is as you've never experienced it. Its like a kick in the teeth. You arent paying to cover the costs you generate for society like your share of the Police bill. Your paying for everyone elses.

Thats why I think we should have corporal and capital punishment, a privitised NHS, reduced education spending and dismantle as much of the social state as possible. Its why I hate people on council estates and the bottom end of society. If my tax rate was the same as the girls working on a checkout till I would gladly pay but it isnt.

Robin hood would love living in this country.

But you've already told us that you don't pay income tax on you £2500 a week wages, so you don't get to have an opinion on what's fair and what isn't.

You think we should have corporal and capital punishment?

-For tax evasion perhaps?

To suggest that our system is 'unfair' because someone who earnes £2500 a week pays a higher tax rate than someone on minimum wage working a checkout, is to fundamentally missunderstand how the system works and why it is set up that way.

It's such a childlike over-simplification that I truly do wonder if any of your grand claims are more than smoke rings.

Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 3

Smoke rings definately.

It's nice when a bigoted hate monger gets hoisted on his own petard. Gives you an all over rosy glow :yes:

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Smoke rings definately.

It's nice when a bigoted hate monger gets hoisted on his own petard. Gives you an all over rosy glow :yes:

Br Cornelius

It's going to be hard to get angry with him or upset by even his most hateful comments after this.

I just don't think I'll be able to take him even slightly seriously from now on.

Credibility suicide: a masterclass.

Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 1

It's going to be hard to get angry with him or upset by even his most hateful comments after this.

I just don't think I'll be able to take him even slightly seriously from now on.

Credibility suicide: a masterclass.

He's a troll. Probably some spotty 14 year old sat in his bedroom waiting for his b**ls to drop. Whatever he is, he is absolutely not to be taken seriously, ever. Just point and laugh at his inanity.

• Like 1

Youre all wrong, did you notice they played the theme music from "The Exorcist"? Clearly it was all a nod to the Catholic Church.

:w00t::rofl:

It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it. --Thomas Sowell

A NHS makes it difficult, if not impossible, to make absurd profits off others' misery. No more $5 tabs of tylenol or $20 boxes off tissue. And emergency rooms charging $100/stitch done by an intern is also a thing of the past. People receiving expensive drugs cost the gov't wholesale, not full blown out of proportion retail like we get charged here.

But the profiteers of death and sickness are too entrenched here. They will always be a burden on most of us in the US. Obama or Nobamacare.

BTW, loved the Arctic Monkeys covering the Beatles in the opening ceremony.

Now I know you're lying about your income, since your figures of 2.5k a week equates to 130k a year, with the changes in personal allowance your tax burden would be about 60%, but if you did really earn that kind of money then you would already know that you can reduce that burden through dividends...

You don't know what you're talking about, you're making it up as you go along.

Are you ******* serious?!?! No wonder British people have bad teeth and complain about everything..... It all makes sense now.

ha

Are you ******* serious?!?! No wonder British people have bad teeth and complain about everything..... It all makes sense now.

ha

Does everyone also drink warm beer and carry Umbrellas and wear bowler hats and sing "Knees up mother Brown"? Or is it just you still in a 1930s cliche?

Where have you worked? (If you dont mind me asking)

i served in the british army for ten years and saw service all over the world including northern ireland bosnia and the first guf war.im now a prison officer and have witnessed some pretty horrific things in the course of my dutys and seen close friends seriously hurt and almost killed there.i have had to attend a quell riots in those private prisons you so love because the staff in those are so poorly trained and short staffed they were almost taken over by the prisoners .also to clear up a point the police will never attend prison riots as they are not trained to deal this them its always down to HMPS tornado teams to deal with.

but according to your tax dodgeing theiving self people like you are worth more than people like me .you may get paid a lot more than me but dont you ever try to take the moral high ground .if they did bring back corpral punishment i would take great joy in strapping your sort to a pole and dishing out a fitting punishment for stealing from sociaty.considering what you admitted you are no better than the people i look after.

• Like 4

i served in the british army for ten years and saw service all over the world including northern ireland bosnia and the first guf war.im now a prison officer and have witnessed some pretty horrific things in the course of my dutys and seen close friends seriously hurt and almost killed there.i have had to attend a quell riots in those private prisons you so love because the staff in those are so poorly trained and short staffed they were almost taken over by the prisoners .also to clear up a point the police will never attend prison riots as they are not trained to deal this them its always down to HMPS tornado teams to deal with.

but according to your tax dodgeing theiving self people like you are worth more than people like me .you may get paid a lot more than me but dont you ever try to take the moral high ground .if they did bring back corpral punishment i would take great joy in strapping your sort to a pole and dishing out a fitting punishment for stealing from sociaty.considering what you admitted you are no better than the people i look after.

So if you have never worked for a private company why do you buy into the sterotype about them all being corrupt, greedy, enterprises? We know the odd corrupt business pops up now and again but the majority are law abiding and practice Corporate Social Responsibility. PLCs are forced by law and by audits to perform in the best interests of society.

As a profession sales is corrupt to the core but remember its just one type of business. Corrupt salesman, dodgy deals, tax evasion are present at most sales businesses. Behind closed doors its actively encouraged too but in the nonesales jobs I have had they have all been correct and proper.

Can we also stop this derailment. If you want to take shots at me then pm or start a new thread. This is supposed to be about the NHS

Edited by Mr Right Wing

So if you have never worked for a private company why do you buy into the sterotype about them all being corrupt, greedy, enterprises? We know the odd corrupt business pops up now and again but the majority are law abiding and practice Corporate Social Responsibility. PLCs are forced by law and by audits to perform in the best interests of society.

As a profession sales is corrupt to the core but remember its just one type of business. Corrupt salesman, dodgy deals, tax evasion are present at most sales businesses. Behind closed doors its actively encouraged too but in the nonesales jobs I have had they have all been correct and proper.

Can we also stop this derailment. If you want to take shots at me then pm or start a new thread. This is supposed to be about the NHS

Barclays Bank PLC springs to mind :)

Barclays Bank PLC springs to mind :)

The banking problems are unusual in that the orders came from the Labour Government (allegedly).

ha

It must be like living in the twilight zone, you need to get out more.

This thread is becoming a bit "hectic" :yes:

So, on topic... the part in the Opening Ceremony was a tribute to the founding of the NHS (1948?). with real Nurses (dressed approptiately) and REAL sick kids from Great Ormond Street (the best Childrens Hospital in the world).

To answer the OP... not everything in this world is about the USA, you are like a 3rd world country in terms of Healthcare for the poorest and most vulnerable in your society - and for all of its faults, the NHS is a beacon of hope when you fall desperately ill.

I find it incredible when someone tries to turn around one of the greatest achievements in the Western World, to satiate their own nation's lack of Social Responsibility by claiming it to be a Conspiracy Theory - and that is where this thread SHOULD be posted :td:

To answer the OP... not everything in this world is about the USA, you are like a 3rd world country in terms of Healthcare for the poorest and most vulnerable in your society - and for all of its faults, the NHS is a beacon of hope when you fall desperately ill.

For the second time....the OP is not American.

ha

Ironically statistics shown that a higher percentage of Americans have bad teeth and obesity.... Funny isn't it?

The only reason this "British have bad teeth" thing exists is because the majority of American actors, music personalities and media personalities have vineers.... lol (Which does not mean their teeth is healthy either)

For the second time....the OP is not American.

Well he is North American! :whistle: (possibly wants to become an illegal in the USA :lol: )

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

This thread is becoming a bit "hectic" :yes:

So, on topic... the part in the Opening Ceremony was a tribute to the founding of the NHS (1948?). with real Nurses (dressed approptiately) and REAL sick kids from Great Ormond Street (the best Childrens Hospital in the world).

I find it incredible when someone tries to turn around one of the greatest achievements in the Western World, to satiate their own nation's lack of Social Responsibility by claiming it to be a Conspiracy Theory - and that is where this thread SHOULD be posted :td:

I cant bare to listen to that

If you have a millionaire (who pays his taxes!) then why should he be punished for his success by having to provide for 10000 NHS tooth fillings? All you'll do is make him emmigrate.

Thats why the US was the top brain drain destination and the richest nation on earth.

Edited by Mr Right Wing