Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Illuminati and 2012 Olympics Conspiracy

Missi NuNu

I looked into this subject last night and there were a number of things I came across that really jumped out at me as being associated with the Illuminati whether the group truly exists or not.

How can something be associated with a group you don't even know exists??

The strange thing is that if the Illuminati does not exist, it would be hard to ignore that the following are things that those who discuss the Illuminati associate with the group. With that being the case, it seems strange so much symbolism would be found surrounding the Olympic Games this year.

That doesn't really make any sense. So because people associate symbols with a group, that means the group exists?

And as for symbolism - it doesn't have any objective meaning. Symbolism is created by people. The symbolism people ascribe to the Illuminati (pyramids for example) is so vague you can find their "symbols" everywhere.

• Like 6

I can't speak for everyone, but they seem like odd mascot creations to me. In my opinion they almost have a sinister look about them (especially Wenlock) and also look they could be alien type creatures

I had the same argument on here with someone years ago. He was convinced that Canary Wharf was an illumanti building because he felt "fearful" whenever he looked at it. Feeling something subjective about something isn't evidence of it being symbolic. I think they look rather cute. And again - having 1 eye is evidence of nothing. If they had 2, they would be accused of being aliens. Someone would be able to find a symbol no matter what they looked like.

So we've seen the mascots, now let's look at the 2012 London Olympics logo:

The "puzzle piece" like shapes are meant to be the numbers 2-0-1-2 representing the year 2012.

There's nothing unusual about that, but what's the purpose of the "dot-like" block in the middle? It doesn't having anything to do with the numbers and it doesn't relate to anything about the games or London either.

Well, not only can these "puzzle piece" like shapes be looked upon as the numbers 2-0-1-2, but they can also be representitive of the letters Z-I-O-N.

That's pretty neat, wouldn't you say?

And guess what, it also makes use of that "dot-like" block in the middle of the logo that seems to serve no purpose otherwise. (It does dot the "I" in Zion pretty nicely after all, doesn't it?)

Worth noting is that this issue with the logo isn't something that was pointed out by conspiracy theorists: Iran Complains 2012 Olympic Logo Spells Zion

So what is "Zion" short for? Well, it'd be short for either "Zionism" or "Zionist" (one who believes in the Zionism movement).

Now I am not currently familiar enough with Zionism to begin explaining it all on my own, but I'll state my vague understanding of it in a brief manner (don't take my word for this though, I encourage everyone who isn't familiar with Zionism to do some searches on it and learn about it on your own).

Zionism, as best I can tell, is the belief by a faction of Jewish people that they will one day acquire their own region of land as promised to them within the books of the Torah.

Once they acquire this (the Promised Land), they believe that Christ will come to us here on Earth (again, I am not sure how accurate my statements are, but it is my current understanding of things).

It is believed that many people in the upper echelon of society are Zionist and are using the powerful and influential positions to carry out the Zionest movement's agenda.

In further connecting Zionism, London, and the Illuminati together it is worth posting the following lines written by William Blake in his poem titled "And Did Those Feet In Ancient Time."

I will not cease from mental fight

Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand

Till we have built Jerusalem

In England's green and pleasant land

William Blake has been regarded as an enlightenment poet and artist, and as such considered an "enlightened one" and member of the Illuminati.

This Zion thing is the most ridiculous part of it. Firstly, you can spell Zion with the numbers 2012, dot or no dot. So you could have said the same for any design. The dot is a design feature. It would look really odd without it.

And being an enlightenment poet automatically means you're a member of the illuminati??? Please. Thats called making the rules up as you go along.

Now, moving further along regarding Illuminati symbolism at these 2012 Games is the Olympic Stadium itself.

The symbolism seen here is pretty obvious. Pyramids themselves are often associated with the Illuminati as is the "All Seeing Eye" that is often depicted atop of a pyramid.

One can clearly see that the Olympic Stadium used for the 2012 games in London has pyramids running all around the top of it. When the lights within these pyramids are on, it is reminiscent of the "All Seeing Eye."

Again - the triangle is ubiquitous in architecture. It is the strongest way of supporting the lights, which are huge. If that is the single bit of evidence in the building, thats pretty weak.

Whether you believe the group exists or not, there is no debate that these symbols are linked to the group. When considering such, it would almost seem like the organizers are "playing games" with people by using all these logos and what not if there is no Illuminati.

The only other conclusions (off the top of my head) are that the Illuminati does exist and have used these symbols purposely at this year's Olympics, or it is all just an odd coincidence (although that seems quite unlikely to me).

So thats it. A pyramid on a stadium (which would have been the best way to design it anyway), an single eye on the mascot (do you want me to list one eyed characters or creations? Are they ALL linked to the illuminati???) , and some numbers which would spell a word no matter how they were designed. Not convincing I'm afraid, pretty flimsy as far as evidence goes.

• Like 5

Um. You better let them know they don't exist.

Fortunately for you, their website has a contact form:

http://illuminati-or...om/contact.html

AB was, I'm sure, referring to the Illuminati as the term is commonly understood; i.e., as a secret organization largely comprised of world leaders and other influential people whose common goal is to control global events from behind the scenes.

Not that I've noticed or have had brought to my attention. Why do you ask?

Actually, why do you often ask questions about things within certain threads that have not been mentioned by either anyone else and / or by the person you are specifically responding to?

I don't have the time to address your whole response, but will quickly respond to this.

I mention the Queen and her hand gestures as gentle jab (we're all friends here, right?), but in doing so I'm making a point.

If you peruse these "(fill in the blank with your favorite evil group) is taking over the world" threads, you'll see thing like hand gestures being offered as PROOF that these types of conspiracies are real. There are losers out there who spend untold hours of their lives doing frame-by-frame analysis of Britney Spears videos looking for these kinds of things and offering it up as evidence. And while we all know there are whackjobs out there that will do anything, there are many folks (including many who are members here) who lap that stuff up like it's mother's milk.

And while you'll probably say that you agree with me and all of that stuff is silly and your research and evidence it at a much higher level, I find your analysis of the Olympic logo, the mascots, and the other things you mentioned as pretty much in the same category.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 2

Regarding the stadium pyramids, it isn't that they are simply pyramids. It is the fact that they have the lights placed only within the upper portion of these pyramids making them reminiscent of the "All Seeing Eye" that sits atop a pyramid.

Im not an expert in lighting or design, however, having the lights at the bottom of the pyramid would look silly and probably wouldnt work as well.....right?

*crickets*

• Like 1

So we've seen the mascots, now let's look at the 2012 London Olympics logo:

london-2012-olympic-logo_2.jpg

The "puzzle piece" like shapes are meant to be the numbers 2-0-1-2 representing the year 2012.

There's nothing unusual about that, but what's the purpose of the "dot-like" block in the middle? It doesn't having anything to do with the numbers and it doesn't relate to anything about the games or London either.

Well, not only can these "puzzle piece" like shapes be looked upon as the numbers 2-0-1-2, but they can also be representitive of the letters Z-I-O-N.

2012-olympic-logo-zion.jpg

That's pretty neat, wouldn't you say?

And guess what, it also makes use of that "dot-like" block in the middle of the logo that seems to serve no purpose otherwise. (It does dot the "I" in Zion pretty nicely after all, doesn't it?)

And we can also kind of make it look like the one armed man...

1armedman.jpg

Somebody call Richard Kimble!

• Like 7

The thing is if you actually read the 2012 olmpics thing in order it actually says; ZOR.... LOL

Anyway I don't know if i beleive in the illuminati. I do know that there is somehting wrong when 1 family has enough money to feed and house the world 3 times over..... That makes me suspicious of how they play things. (even more so when most people without the internet have never heard of this family.... LOL)

Edited by Coffey

I just wanted to mention that I will address the comments people have made in response to things I've stated, but it may not be until later tonight.

I also wanted to mention I have no problem with people opposing my thoughts. All I ask for is that everyone be respectful to each other in discussing them.

As for the Illuminati in general, I will state that I don't particularly care if there is a group that goes by that name or not.

What I do care about is concern over prominent individuals that hold power and influential positions working in a combined effort to achieve goals that the large majority of individuals are not aware of and would very possibly oppose if they knew of such things.

Whether you call them the "Illuminati" or "The Pink Elephants" or any other name is of little importance.

Edited by Angel Left Wing
  • Like 1

No, they don't.

That said, it is the fact that the three primary showpieces of the 2012 Olympic Games (the stadium, mascots, and logo) can all be seen as items associated with the Illuminati.

Regarding the stadium pyramids, it isn't that they are simply pyramids. It is the fact that they have the lights placed only within the upper portion of these pyramids making them reminiscent of the "All Seeing Eye" that sits atop a pyramid.

All these advancements you speak of makes it far easier for such an organization to influence and manipulate the way people people behave.

It makes it that much easier for them to condition all of us to certain things. It makes it that much easier for them to distract people from paying attention to the important things going on which shape the world as opposed to following the entertainment and sports industries nonstop.

It also makes it easier for them to comminicate amongst each other.

Another thing is that one could reasonably argue a group such as the Illuminati already has control over the world.

Simply because they haven't come out and said it doesn't mean they aren't already manipulating and influencing our thoughts in a contrived and well thought out manner through what we see and hear on television, the internet, radio, newspaper and magazines.

No, they don't.

That said, it is the fact that the three primary showpieces of the 2012 Olympic Games (the stadium, mascots, and logo) can all be seen as items associated with the Illuminati.

All these advancements you speak of makes it far easier for such an organization to influence and manipulate the way people people behave.

It makes it that much easier for them to condition all of us to certain things. It makes it that much easier for them to distract people from paying attention to the important things going on which shape the world as opposed to following the entertainment and sports industries nonstop.

It also makes it easier for them to comminicate amongst each other.

Another thing is that one could reasonably argue a group such as the Illuminati already has control over the world.

Simply because they haven't come out and said it doesn't mean they aren't already manipulating and influencing our thoughts in a contrived and well thought out manner through what we see and hear on television, the internet, radio, newspaper and magazines.

Hi Angel, I've been and read all your theories,and I think that you are maybe taking this too serious, ie:- the lights on top of the "pyramids" are so people and tv can see whats going on, no one would see a damn thing if the lights were at the bottom of the "pyramid" (which isnt a pyramid,its a steel structure with a modern design to hold up the lights),as far as your Iluminati go, (if they exist) as a secret society, just how do you imagine that they are hell bent on a world takeover,please get serious mate,the last guy who tried that ended up in a bunker with all his friends and staff deserting him,to the effect that he lost the last world war.The next world war will result in no winners,we shall all end up looking like crispy duck,and that won't benefit any secret society because they will be the same.

I don't really know what to say. But I have found all those things/theories that Angel Left Wing has posted, I was just too lazy to do it myself. So thanks ALW :P

I don't know if I believe it or not, but such a thing still has a probability of existing in the back of my mind. Just seems like quite a bit of symbolism to have it be attributed to a coincidence or to people being paranoid/looking for signs.

Yes, the stadium lights may be productive in the way they are designed but who knows, could just be a sneaky way to promote the symbol. That extra dot? I don't see where it fits in the original design. Not exactly necessary. But for all we know, some of us may just be crazy.

I think it is plainly obvious where the dot comes in. It;s a full stop! :)

I think it is plainly obvious where the dot comes in. It;s a full stop! :)

Bad dog.

Okay here's my take;

The logo:

http://theweek.com/article/index/212682/zion-lisa-simpson-and-3-other-things-the-london-olympics-logo-resembles

The 'all seing eyes' above the stadium:

They're reminiscent of the velarium above the Roman Colliseum. Do a google image search.

The 'mascot's single eyes';

They're supposed to be representaive of 'video cameras' so that they can record all their experiences.

Okay, the last part is creepy. More 'Big Brother', than either the 'Illuminati' or 'Zionists'. And I also thought that Illumanati and Zionist conspiracy theories were mutually exclusive?

/and the 'William Blake thing', was so far out there in Left Field, I don't know where you're coming from. :)

Edited by Likely Guy

wenlock-and-mandev_1640095i.jpg

You know Im begining to think there is a conspiracy to use absolute rubbish design in mascots. Sydney's were terrible, Beijings horrendously awful and London's a completely diabolical abomination of design.

• Like 2

You know Im begining to think there is a conspiracy to use absolute rubbish design in mascots. Sydney's were terrible, Beijings horrendously awful and London's a completely diabolical abomination of design.

I wonder if they agree, since I don't recall seeing them anywhere.

This is what a Mascot should look like:

willie.jpg

• Like 1

MissNuNu your are being fed a pile of crap...

I cannot be bothered to build a defence on the issue because there is nothing to disprove.

• Like 2

I was not impressed by them either, but they are for kids. To my surprise my boy loves Wenlock and ties him to the front of his bike when we go out cycling...

This has brought me round and I like them now, same with the logo.

This Olympics has been a breath of fresh air, the Logo the Mascots and the Opening Ceremony have broken the mould. Maybe we are just getting old and don't like change...

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

I just wanted to mention that I will address the comments people have made in response to things I've stated, but it may not be until later tonight.

I also wanted to mention I have no problem with people opposing my thoughts. All I ask for is that everyone be respectful to each other in discussing them.

As for the Illuminati in general, I will state that I don't particularly care if there is a group that goes by that name or not.

What I do care about is concern over prominent individuals that hold power and influential positions working in a combined effort to achieve goals that the large majority of individuals are not aware of and would very possibly oppose if they knew of such things.

Whether you call them the "Illuminati" or "The Pink Elephants" or any other name is of little importance.

Call them what you want, but I think the whole idea from the very beginning is nonsensical. Name one - one - event where a conspiracy has turned out to be true and the conspirators have gone through great lengths to advertise their existence beforehand.

This Olympics has been a breath of fresh air, the Logo the Mascots and the Opening Ceremony have broken the mould. Maybe we are just getting old and don't like change...

If the change is not being able to get to work in the morning, then no.

• Like 3

If the change is not being able to get to work in the morning, then no.

Lol, I travel away from Stratford to get to work so I haven't witnessed the carnage yet. Is it really that bad?

I have been cycling to the 'Live sites' (Victoria Park, Tower Bridge and Hyde Park) from East London and the road traffic doesn't seem to bad. But I am not leaving before 9am and not using the train, so miss the worst of the travel.

Edited by Junior Chubb

Lol, I travel away from Stratford to get to work so I haven't witnessed the carnage yet. Is it really that bad?

I have been cycling to the 'Live sites' (Victoria Park, Tower Bridge and Hyde Park) from East London and the road traffic doesn't seem to bad. But I am not leaving before 9am and not using the train, so miss the worst of the travel.

Trying to get the Overground to Camden's been murder. Apparently "regulating the system" means "cancelling every other train". Odd.

• Like 1

Trying to get the Overground to Camden's been murder. Apparently "regulating the system" means "cancelling every other train". Odd.

Good luck for the next couple of weeks.

Its easy to underplay issues when you you are not effected by the issues. Hope you still enjoy the games though. :)

Call them what you want, but I think the whole idea from the very beginning is nonsensical. Name one - one - event where a conspiracy has turned out to be true and the conspirators have gone through great lengths to advertise their existence beforehand.

Name one? How about 33:

http://www.phibetaiota.net/2012/02/owl-33-conspiracy-theories-proven-true-many-with-government-betrayal-of-public-trust-as-central-feature/

Does it hurt?

• Like 1

Name one? How about 33:

http://www.phibetaio...entral-feature/

Perhaps you missed this part of Emma's post:

Name one - one - event where a conspiracy has turned out to be true and the conspirators have gone through great lengths to advertise their existence beforehand.

Maybe you can tell us how the Manhattan Project was splashed all over the papers and was known to millions of people around the world in 1942 - 1945...?

Maybe you'd like to explain to us ANY of those on that list "went to great lengths to advertise their existence beforehand"...?

Cz

• Like 2

Maybe you'd like to explain to us ANY of those on that list "went to great lengths to advertise their existence beforehand?"

Again, I'll try to address all (or most) of the comments others made when I have the time to sit and do so.

In the meantime, however, why does it matter if the people who carry out any conspiracy advertised their existence beforehand or not? Why does it matter if they "went to great lengths" upon doing so?

By the way, for those that scoff at mention of the "Illuminati" I wonder how many of you realize such an organization is a documented historical fact: Illuminati

Since you quoted my post, I'll assume you're addressing this to me:

In the meantime, however, why does it matter if the people who carry out any conspiracy advertised their existence beforehand or not? Why does it matter if they "went to great lengths" upon doing so?

It matters because the list Coffey provided with the intent of refuting Emma's post does not address the point made in Emma's post. Its an answer to a question not asked.

Its sort of like saying there are no good vegetarian restaurants in whatever city you are in and being given a list of the best steak and seafood restaurants.

Maybe you're ok with answering things not asked, providing incorrect information to a request, but I'm not, and I'm sure others aren't either.

Cz

• Like 1