Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Major Food Chains Run By Right Wing

Simbi Laveau

Simbi why does it perturb you that these CEO's would be politically active for a cause they genuinely believe in? I understand if you don't agree with their politics but who does it harm for them to have a voice? Isn't that what the pro LGBT, pro choice, pro Gay marriage folks do? It just seems like if it's fair for one it should be fair for all.

• Like 1

If you dont like their politics, dont eat their food. Its called a boycott. I've been boycotting McDonalds for over 30 years now. I cant even remember why. But I dont ever feel like I'm missing out on something...

*whimpers*

Not white castle.

I love white castle.

And i haven't eaten mcdonalds in 30 heRs either,but a have a huge portion of gay friends.

A few are transgender even.One friend wants to buy a house,but cannot do certain neighborhoods because of their general demeanor .

This is very common .Not just in ny .

My best friend,more like my brother than a friend,lives with his boyfriend.

Do you know how many times I KNOW they're out in the city,and they like piano bars .

They aren't flamboyant,promiscuous,any of that.

But they go out,and I hear there's been a gay bashing or killing,In the west village .

We live with this in nyc. It's kept quiet.I hear this on the news and I'm hysterical thinking the worst,as they were out,in that area,when it occured.

The news will say one dead one critical ....gay bashing,again .

I also watched my friend struggle to come out. To me,to his family .It was painful for him ,and hard to watch for me,because I love him.

That's why it preturbs me .

One question, to accept something does one have to agree with it? I accept the fact that someone else sees the world through a different prism than I, but it doesn't mean I agree with their view. Chic-fil-A owners for example, just because they personally/religiously disagree with homosexuality doesn't mean they are "boycotting" the gay community. They haven't refused to hire or serve anyone based on sexuality they just made a statement that they disagree with a specific viewpoint. Now, if they were enforcing a no hire/serve rule then one could make a case for a boycott but to do it based on a personal belief and not an action makes it a bit hypocritical.

Sniff test here: I/we refuse to participate if you dont accept and agree with _____________. Does that sound logical for anything?

• Like 1

For me personally, the difference is if the company itself funds something I don't support. I really don't care what an individual does with his money.

Chick-fil-a (the company) directly funds things I don't support.

Domino's as a company seems to be staying out of debates.

I don't eat Carl's Jr for the same reason AND I don't care for it.

Never eat at Waffle House.

White Castle gives me a sad.

If I'm not sure about the political alignment and I frequent the company, I check. *shrug*

Nibs

Ooooh, I'm not sure I can agree with the headline of this article.

The Chick-fil-a thing most people know about.

Carls Jr.- He donated personal funds, not corporate funds. And he's been dead for a few years now. As a personal observation, I'm going to guess the guy wasn't keen on sex to sell burgers- the sexy burger eating ads didn't start till after he died.

Domino's- He donated personal funds, not corporate funds. And he sold Domino's in 98.

White Castle and Waffle house- I'm not sure if I can agree with the notion that donation to superPAC or politician X really means the place is run by those folks. There are businesses and business owners that have made donations to non-right wing superPACs and politicians too.

I think if people are concerned about if companies have an agenda, they should check into them. And if they disagree, then sure, don't patronize that company. But be warned that it's a rare company or business owner now a days that does not contribute or donate to something, so almost everything you buy could end up leaving pennies in a coffer you might not approve of.

• Like 1

Ooooh, I'm not sure I can agree with the headline of this article.

The Chick-fil-a thing most people know about.

Carls Jr.- He donated personal funds, not corporate funds. And he's been dead for a few years now. As a personal observation, I'm going to guess the guy wasn't keen on sex to sell burgers- the sexy burger eating ads didn't start till after he died.

Domino's- He donated personal funds, not corporate funds. And he sold Domino's in 98.

White Castle and Waffle house- I'm not sure if I can agree with the notion that donation to superPAC or politician X really means the place is run by those folks. There are businesses and business owners that have made donations to non-right wing superPACs and politicians too.

I think if people are concerned about if companies have an agenda, they should check into them. And if they disagree, then sure, don't patronize that company. But be warned that it's a rare company or business owner now a days that does not contribute or donate to something, so almost everything you buy could end up leaving pennies in a coffer you might not approve of.

+1

The link in the first post is to an extreme leftist website. As much as I despise the far right, I think the far left is more damaging.

Nice how they put Carl's Jr in there when Karcher has been dead for 4 years. They cite a proposition he supported in 1978.

others have been mentioned simply because they have supported the republican party in the past. What a joke!