Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The thread for those who love beer.

orangepeaceful79

Hey! I created this thread to talk about beer. Because you know, sometimes its a slow day (or night) here at UM and maybe you like beer almost as much as you like trying to prove people wrong on the internet :tu:

Sooo...lets talk about beer. I'm a total beer geek. I love trying new examples of all manner of styles. I also make my own beer. I love that it so harmoniously combines food science, chemistry, and artistry all in a fun to drink package.

What about you? Tell us all about your favorite beers, breweries, etc....

Cheers!

Chang :tu:

tonight, tonight, whoa-oh....

Pabst Blue Ribbon Tallboy with added green olives. AKA Poor man's Martini.

post-124811-0-41907300-1343874718_thumb.

Anybody else drinking?

I'm so glad I found this thread.

Currently enjoying Dragons Milk from New Holland Brewing Company. Possibly one of the finest brews I have yet to encounter.

Also, my fridge is never lacking in http://www.kentuckyale.com/beer/Pages/KentuckyBourbonBarrelAle.aspx.

Edited by Maestro

I'm so glad I found this thread.

Currently enjoying Dragons Milk from New Holland Brewing Company. Possibly one of the finest brews I have yet to encounter.

Also, my fridge is never lacking in http://www.kentuckya...nBarrelAle.aspx.

Sweet! Someone who cares! I've never tried Dragon's Milk - I wonder if i can get that in Kansas. Distributorial networks are funny things. I've also never tried the other beer you've linked too. I've had some Oak aged and bourbon barrel aged examples from other breweries though. Highly worthy. You should try to get your hands on some Oak-aged Yeti Imperial Stout from Great Divide. Very very tasty. Thanks for posting!

I love craft beers. That's usually all I drink ( IPAs mainly )

But they have just gotten so darn expensive. $8 - $9 per six pack on average around here.

I love craft beers. That's usually all I drink ( IPAs mainly )

But they have just gotten so darn expensive. $8 - $9 per six pack on average around here.

I feel your pain. Sometimes the stores will drop certain ones down to the 7 dollar range, but thats about as cheap as the good craft stuff ever gets. I would say 8 bucks is about average. I'm a fan of hoppy beer too, though i branch out quite a bit for variety's sake. However the core of my palate is firmly situationed in IPA, DIPA, IIPA, and American Pale Ale styles. What are some of your favorites. I LOVE Odells IPA. Just tried the Hoptimum Imperial IPA put out by Sierra Nevada and it was amazing.

Hey! I created this thread to talk about beer. Because you know, sometimes its a slow day (or night) here at UM and maybe you like beer almost as much as you like trying to prove people wrong on the internet :tu:

Sooo...lets talk about beer. I'm a total beer geek. I love trying new examples of all manner of styles. I also make my own beer. I love that it so harmoniously combines food science, chemistry, and artistry all in a fun to drink package.

What about you? Tell us all about your favorite beers, breweries, etc....

Cheers!

Firstly, beer is only good out of a bottle.....in my opinion at least.

My favorite beers are:

New Castle Brown Ale

Bass Pale Ale

Tangerine Wheat Beer bottled in Eureka, California.

Shock Top Belgian White

There are others, but these are my current favorites

I'm only sort of a beer drinker... Cider is usually more my speed. But I like delirium tremens quite a bit. I'll drink Bud cuz it's what my love likes to have in the house for generic brew. One of my buddies is a brewer and I'll drink most of what he makes- even stuff I'm not normally terribly fond of he somehow brews it tasty. I'm not sure if it's really considered beer or not, but I like some really cold Mike's when it's hot out.

I like cooking with beer. Guinness, Sam Adams, New Glarus, sometimes Bud or Miller for brats.

I'm only sort of a beer drinker... Cider is usually more my speed. But I like delirium tremens quite a bit. I'll drink Bud cuz it's what my love likes to have in the house for generic brew. One of my buddies is a brewer and I'll drink most of what he makes- even stuff I'm not normally terribly fond of he somehow brews it tasty. I'm not sure if it's really considered beer or not, but I like some really cold Mike's when it's hot out.

I like cooking with beer. Guinness, Sam Adams, New Glarus, sometimes Bud or Miller for brats.

Delirium Tremens is an amazing beer. I also like cider and have made some of my own that was delicious but alas...is now all gone *snif*

Mikes is a malternative. Alcopop, but you like it - power to you. If you like cooking with beer, branch out to some other breweries that make those similar styles and are more flavorful..your palate may thank you :)

Firstly, beer is only good out of a bottle.....in my opinion at least.

My favorite beers are:

New Castle Brown Ale

Bass Pale Ale

Tangerine Wheat Beer bottled in Eureka, California.

Shock Top Belgian White

There are others, but these are my current favorites

drinking beer out of the bottle is a perfectly acceptable practice. I prefer it out of a glass, as the glass concentrates the aromas and brings them right to your nose with each drink. Taste and smell are integrated senses so I find that I enjoy a beer more out of a glass, but to each his/her own I say.

drinking beer out of the bottle is a perfectly acceptable practice. I prefer it out of a glass, as the glass concentrates the aromas and brings them right to your nose with each drink. Taste and smell are integrated senses so I find that I enjoy a beer more out of a glass, but to each his/her own I say.

Oh and Bass Pale on a hot summer day - very refreshing. I'd vote for that - might not be my favorite pale ale, but good on a hot day.

As I live in Columbus, OH, I have to mentione the Columbus Brewing Company.

COLUMBUS PALE ALE

Copper color with a dry finish.

This award winning, copper colored pale ale was the first beer we ever brewed and it's still one of our favorites. We carefully blend German and English malts and add generous portions of American hops for a refreshing citrus aroma and log, dry finish.

BODHI

This double India pale ale is loaded with American hop character and is sure to awaken your senses.

COLUMBUS PALE ALE

This award winning, copper colored pale ale was the first beer we ever brewed and it's still one of our favorites. We carefully blend German and English malts and add generous portions of American hops for a refreshing citrus aroma and log, dry finish.

BODHI

This double India pale ale is loaded with American hop character and is sure to awaken your senses.

Those both sound like solid brews. If I'm ever in the area i will make sure to stop by the brewery.

I guess I should of been more clear with my comment. Although I do drink beer out of a bottle, I do prefer it in a beer glass. I have a collection of beer glasses that I use regularly. I simply meant that I don't care as much for canned beer. It cheapens the experience.

Oh and Bass Pale on a hot summer day - very refreshing. I'd vote for that - might not be my favorite pale ale, but good on a hot day.

I'm always looking for the next great beer! Pale Ales are a favorite of mine!

I guess I should of been more clear with my comment. Although I do drink beer out of a bottle, I do prefer it in a beer glass. I have a collection of beer glasses that I use regularly. I simply meant that I don't care as much for canned beer. It cheapens the experience.

I'm always looking for the next great beer! Pale Ales are a favorite of mine!

There are a few worthy exceptions to the can rule. There are a growing number of microbreweries that are putting their stuff out in cans now. A really good canned Pale Ale is from the Oskar Blues brewery in Fort Collins, CO I think. Probably one of my more preferred Pale Ales by the way. Definitely worth a try if you can get your hands on it. Green Flash Brewing is another brewery that is switching over to cans. Try their Modus Hoperandi. Its excellent.

I usually keep some PBR tallboys around too, because sometimes a nice American Light Lager is just the ticket for me - not often, but occasionally...and with some green olives its awesome.

COLUMBUS PALE ALE

BODHI

I'm not too far from Columbus. Did you ever go to Hosters Brewery / Restaurant ? ( Closed now )

I loved that place. Sure do miss it.

OP79.... I don't think I really have a favorite IPA. I've been drinking some recently from Smuttynose Brewery that I really like. I also enjoy many summertime brews that have a taste of rasberry flavor to them.

I'm not too far from Columbus. Did you ever go to Hosters Brewery / Restaurant ? ( Closed now )

I loved that place. Sure do miss it.

OP79.... I don't think I really have a favorite IPA. I've been drinking some recently from Smuttynose Brewery that I really like. I also enjoy many summertime brews that have a taste of rasberry flavor to them.

Never made it there, no. But I do still often hit The Elevator in downtown Columbus. It's a brewery and draught haus. The food is killer too. One of the finer breweries in town. I highly recommend it for, just about any really, event or nice night out.

Edited to correct obnoxious spacing error.

Edited by Maestro

So, we are discussing our appreciation of brew and the AdChoice at the bottom of the page is:

Christian Alcohol Rehab

Christian Alcohol Rehab Safe Christian Rehab.Call 855.228.2919

DecisionPointCenter.com/Christian

Man are these guys preaching to the wrong audience...

• Like 1

So, we are discussing our appreciation of brew and the AdChoice at the bottom of the page is:

Christian Alcohol Rehab

Christian Alcohol Rehab Safe Christian Rehab.Call 855.228.2919

DecisionPointCenter.com/Christian

Man are these guys preaching to the wrong audience...

Mine's advertising free Catheter samples.....eek.

My 'go to' cider when im in the mood..its bout 8.2%abv but very refreshing when served cold....

images-1.jpg