Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns don´t kill people

jugoso

So 19 or 20 people dying in a rampage is worse than 60 people dying over a course of years by a serial killer? (Btw the serial killer will probably give uglier deaths and also will probably not use a gun.)

How many serial killers were stopped by a gun toting civilian?

• Like 1

actually you know you might have some truth on your side, us border guard, on some parts of us Mexico border, are issued beanbags, and not allowed to shoot real ammo, too bad, bad guys have military full auto rifles, and shoot real bullets at them. true story.

http://www.foxnews.c...bags-609544203/

That is totally egregious! And I think that's how Brian Terry got killed. There ought to be a law...

How many serial killers were stopped by a gun toting civilian?

You have a good and valid point there. I believe I remember one serial killer (the Green River killer I think) who was running up his tally of victims and then suddenly it was as if he disappeared from the face of the earth. Did he die of old age or move somewhere else or meet someone with a gun or other weapon? I guess we'll never know. But that is a good point, it deserves some serious thought.

If all the guns in the world were somehow magically destroyed, then we would just use knives to kill people.

Guns kill people just as much as your keyboard makes you misspell words.

You wanna change the world, start with yourself and your kids.

p.s. I don't think Americans kill people the best, that one dude from Norway has the high score of what 77 in one day?

Edited by StarChild 83
  • Like 2

If all the guns in the world were somehow magically destroyed, then we would just use knives to kill people.

Guns kill people just as much as your keyboard makes you misspell words.

You wanna change the world, start with yourself and your kids.

p.s. I don't think Americans kill people the best, that one dude from Norway has the high score of what 77 in one day?

Knifes don't accidentally kill somebody 300 yards away that had absolutely nothing to do with the situation. Guns do.

So: flawed logic.

Knifes don't accidentally kill somebody 300 yards away that had absolutely nothing to do with the situation. Guns do.

So: flawed logic.

knives also do not protect you from someone with a gun or a bigger knife.

• Like 1

Keep the answer in its context. Nor in what you want to interpret.

Keep the answer in its context. Nor in what you want to interpret.

OK. Guns do not accidentally kill anyone.

• Like 1

That could depend on who was more skilled with the weapon. If you are proficient with a small knife, and they suck with a gun or bigger knife, it's possible that you could still defend yourself well with a smaller knife. It's not always who has the bigger badder weapon- sometimes it's whos more talented that counts.

That could depend on who was more skilled with the weapon. If you are proficient with a small knife, and they suck with a gun or bigger knife, it's possible that you could still defend yourself well with a smaller knife. It's not always who has the bigger badder weapon- sometimes it's whos more talented that counts.

In fact, the old rule: The bigger the punk, the bigger the knife still applies today in most cases :devil:

In fact, the old rule: The bigger the punk, the bigger the knife still applies today in most cases :devil:

Hahahah, true enough :tu:

Of course there are exceptions. As a whole, the guy with the gun will win against a guy with a knife.

Of course there are exceptions. As a whole, the guy with the gun will win against a guy with a knife.

No, it really depends. If we are on an open field, 50 meters apart from each other, I would have no chance against you with a gun. But if we are in a narrow alley at night, I'd take you out fast with my knife, no matter what kind of gun you have.

As a whole, nothing is for sure.

No, it really depends. If we are on an open field, 50 meters apart from each other, I would have no chance against you with a gun. But if we are in a narrow alley at night, I'd take you out fast with my knife, no matter what kind of gun you have.

As a whole, nothing is for sure.

Only if you got close enough. If we start out 10 meters apart in that alley you'd just end up shot and I would end up with a knife to go with my gun.

Right, it depends! You just shouldn't feel too safe with your gun. It's certainly not the ultimate weapon of self defense, if that even exists.

But 10 meters mIght be close enough to reach you until you have your gun ready to fire. Either that, or you think of gun safety like the guy who has two buttholes now.

Right, it depends! You just shouldn't feel too safe with your gun. It's certainly not the ultimate weapon of self defense, if that even exists.

But 10 meters mIght be close enough to reach you until you have your gun ready to fire. Either that, or you think of gun safety like the guy who has two buttholes now.

I have to draw my gun and click the safety off. You have to draw your knife. Since the safety is right next to the trugger guard I can use my thunb to click it off.

We both draw our weapons.Takes about 1/2 second to turn safety off. Another 1/2 second to squeeze the trigger. You have at best 2 seconds to cover about 8 meters and strike. Good luck. And if your strike doesn't incapacitate me you are still going to get shot.

Do you always have a round in the chamber?

And I said I might have a chance: I draw my knife while I am running at you; you shoot and miss, since you won't have time to aim properly. I won't miss, that's pretty certain.

But enough with the scenarios. All I meant to say was you shouldn't feel too safe with a gun. That might put you in a very awkward position.

And I said I might have a chance: I draw my knife while I am running at you; you shoot and miss, since you won't have time to aim properly. I won't miss, that's pretty certain.

But enough with the scenarios. All I meant to say was you shouldn't feel too safe with a gun. That might put you in a very awkward position.

In fact, the first thing they teach a commando is that guns make you weak. But don't let the NRA hear that.

In fact, the first thing they teach a commando is that guns make you weak. But don't let the NRA hear that.

Well maybe the first thing they should teach is that guns can kill you.

What if you are in fact a weakling? Would a gun make you weaker?

"God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal."

• Like 1

Well maybe the first thing they should teach is that guns can kill you.

What if you are in fact a weakling? Would a gun make you weaker?

"God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal."

Yes, because now you are "strong" and can drop your guard. In fact, you can even sleep on watch. After all you got a gun to avoid bad things happening to you.

My gun was a revolver, no need for a round in the chamber. Or better yet, my gun was a shotgun (sawed-off for ease of transport), so the chances I missed at less than 10 meters is almost non-existent.

If I am attacked I will feel safer with a gun than without one.

Yes, because now you are "strong" and can drop your guard. In fact, you can even sleep on watch. After all you got a gun to avoid bad things happening to you.

If anyone thinks having a gun makes it impossible for something bad to happen to them then they have a lot problems that have nothing to do with gun ownership. Guns don't work on their own. They won't just jump up and kill anything threatening you all by themselves. They are, after all, inanimate objects.

• Like 2

This is a little late for the pepper spray discussion (sorry about that) but I heard that guy in Times Square that the police shot because he was wielding a big knife and threatening people with it...I heard they pepper sprayed him 6 times before they finally shot him. It makes me feel sorry for any woman, or anyone really, who is putting their trust in pepper spray. And since the police used it, I would think it was the 'strong' kind.

Here's the link:

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/08/13/nypd-defends-shooting-knife-wielding-man-in-times-square/

• Like 2