Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something Interesting I just read

StratMan172

Although Im a non-believer I still found this kind of weird. Check it out.

Did you know . . .

1) Psalm 118 is the middle chapter of the entire Bible?

2) Psalm 117, before Psalm 118 is the shortest chapter in the Bible?

3) Psalm 119, after Psalm 118 is the longest chapter in the Bible?

4) The Bible has 594 chapters before Psalm 118 and 594 chapters after Psalm 118?

5) If you add up all the chapters except Psalm 118, you get a total of 1188 chapters?

6) 1188 or Psalm 118 verse 8 is the middle verse of the entire Bible?

Should the central verse not have a fairly important message? "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man." - Psalm 118:8

Is this central verse not also the central theme of the entire Bible? This is not a coincidence. God is in complete control.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• aquatus1

• panther10758

• twpdyp

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that when it comes to things like this- there is a thing as coincidence. I think it was there, that way, for a purpose...just not everyone is looking at the same thing the same way.

Not to mention, it's a bit of a contradiction...given the bible was written, translated, and re-translated, by men huh.gif That's sorta like saying "don't trust the bible tongue.gif"

Although I have seen the center of the Bible quote before on another web site I believe that as interesting as it may be I find it hard to believe that the writers of the Bible had the intention of creating any hidden meanings like the one from that quote. As I have written previously on another topic concerning Noah's Ark, I don't believe the Bible was mean't to taken literally. The Bible is a guide for good living and how we should interact with our fellow man. The stories in the Old Testament all have a moral to them. The New Testament gives us the wisdom of Jesus Christ. I am a believer but not a church goer. To many people in the churches taking the Bible literally.

If true, it is pretty neat, except I don't see anything too remarkable about numbers 4 & 5; they are simple mathematical results of number 1 being true.

Not to mention, it's a bit of a contradiction...given the bible was written, translated, and re-translated, by men huh.gif That's sorta like saying "don't trust the bible tongue.gif"

280387[/snapback]

True Sera

280445[/snapback]

ditto

280387[/snapback]

Very true

Whatever! lol

It could be that God knew what changes were going to be made by man, and threw in these 'coincidences' to show he was still in control of the message as a whole despite the efforts of those who would change it for their own personal gain...

I don't wanna debate, there's alot of could bes would bes, just want to put a small counter to the sycophantish comments to make it semi-fair to those who would believe it for the reals.

The problem here is that the Bible has been altered so many times since it was put together that there is no way that this passage was meant to be the exact middle. Think about it, there have been hundreds if not thousands of changes by first the Catholic church and then by kings, etc. THis is not even including all of the translations

I'm sure you would find such coincidences in all of the other mythologies of the world.....just goes to show how gullible believers (in any religion) can be. whistling2.gif

i chalk these bibical finds up to the mystery of god, just a little something thrown in there to make u go hmmm. it could have very well been made like that on purpous but, all and all that is a lot of work (making the pages add up and things) and its not really something obivous.( like The End - book by God) so why make such and elaborate lie thats not at least known to everyone! it is possible for someone to take the time to do that, look at Giza Pi 3.14... is relitive to all or most of the monuments there at the necropolis somebody was elabrate enough to figuar that set up.

indeed. God wants us all to go "hmmmm" sometimes. It is his will. This is why he lost Noah's ark. So we all can scratch our chins and go hmmmmmmmmmm.

This is also why he wrote the bible. He wants all of his followers to be unsure of everything he says.

This is because hw likes to send people to hell. There is not much else for a god to do anymore. He doesnt have a cable modem.