Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

clairaudience or claircognizance?

Athena30

huh.gifHello everyone,

Perhaps you can help me identify which the of the clairs I am experiencing. Several weeks ago there was a night I was almost falling asleep watching a cooking competition and I heard but didn't really HEAR in a physical sense, "the guy will be the next to go" and the male was sent home.

Then last night I was listening to a radio show and the host asked his cohost to choose a line from the board of calls. I very quickly received a phrase in my mind that felt like a fleeting download of energy. "Line 8". The host ended up choosing line 8.

I read about claircognizance and some of it seems like it's relevant to my experience but then I'll read things like this:

"For a start, claircognizance does not jump out at you like images or words do, it's often a subtle reading between the lines. And because of this a lot of it goes unvalidated because sometimes it's not even noticed."

but the information I receive does quickly jump out at me, it's like a phrase that hits me, or it's rapidly downloaded, I never blurt it out I hear it or read it in my brain without actually hearing it. It's usually a very confident piece of information, like the message feels very "certain".

Also where is this information coming from? Thank you for any help

Edited by Athena30

Not sure which it is, only that you're open to subtle energies - in other words, those beyond the five senses, which pick up not-so-subtle energies.

Keep track of your experiences and you'll start to understand them. Clairaudience doesn't have to be actual hearing; you may ask your inner or higher self for an answer and the thought will come into your head without you actually hearing a voice. You can eventually recognize the tone if not the voice. Also, I find that electronics heighten my sensitivities, such as being online. Start paying attention to what you notice away from electronics.

Welcome to the community!

• Like 1

Hi Athena. I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question as I know almost nothing about that, but I did want to welcome you to UM! There are many wonderful threads here and I hope you enjoy them!

Oh...ignore the trolls, in case they show up.

huh.gifHello everyone,

Perhaps you can help me identify which the of the clairs I am experiencing. Several weeks ago there was a night I was almost falling asleep watching a cooking competition and I heard but didn't really HEAR in a physical sense, "the guy will be the next to go" and the male was sent home.

Then last night I was listening to a radio show and the host asked his cohost to choose a line from the board of calls. I very quickly received a phrase in my mind that felt like a fleeting download of energy. "Line 8". The host ended up choosing line 8.

I read about claircognizance and some of it seems like it's relevant to my experience but then I'll read things like this:

"For a start, claircognizance does not jump out at you like images or words do, it's often a subtle reading between the lines. And because of this a lot of it goes unvalidated because sometimes it's not even noticed."

but the information I receive does quickly jump out at me, it's like a phrase that hits me, or it's rapidly downloaded, I never blurt it out I hear it or read it in my brain without actually hearing it. It's usually a very confident piece of information, like the message feels very "certain".

Also where is this information coming from? Thank you for any help

I'd agree with Sudden Psychic. Clairaudience sounds like what you may be experiencing. You can develop it further. Ask heaven, God, or whatever your higher power is a question, (preferably one that can be corroborated. The game show is great!) then try to tune in and see if you get an answer. You may hear things that sound like actual sounds or just hear things in your mind's ear. Some caution though, be sure to pray for protection, get a St. Michael medallion or something of the sorts. Some spirits may take notice of you, they are drawn to people with higher vibrations/sensitivity.

It sounds like you may have clair-sentience too. I describe it as getting whole chapters of a book at once rather than getting a word or sentence at a time. It gets hard to then unravel it and put it into words especially when I get a lot really fast.

As for the source or sources, it's hard to say. A spirit, a guide, a loved one who has passed, God, etc.

Funny story: I heard my dead grandmother's scolding voice call my name when I was smoking weed in the backyard of her house LOL!I'm clean now though thankfully :clap:

Edited by jsowersby
  • Like 1

Funny story: I heard my dead grandmother's scolding voice call my name when I was smoking weed in the backyard of her house LOL!I'm clean now though thankfully :clap:

LMAO.. & Snap.

They just don't stop butting in do they.

In my experience,clairaudio is very definative. You HEAR it .It is not something that pops into your head. You HEAR.My high priestess is clairaudio ,and sometimes she hears it when she's close to someone . If they have say a spirit attached to them,that's muttering in the persons ear,trying to get them to do something (allegedly,this is how suicides occur sometimes) ,she hears it.

I have it on rare occaisions,but I am clairvoyant . I see and feel things . Hearing is rare for me,but it happens. People who have one,can sometimes experience the others .

I'm so glad I asked ! I think I have a better idea of what this could be now (: now the trick is..how to further develop it

I'm so glad I asked ! I think I have a better idea of what this could be now (: now the trick is..how to further develop it

Hmmm,well ....I have to say,I never conciously learned to use it .It has gotten more intense,as I've gotten older though .

However,I find I have to tune stuff out .Lest I be overwhelmed,so I don't always pay attention .

When I want insight though,I turn everything off,and being in a room with as little technology as possible,helps .No electric at all,if possible,and I close my eyes in dark or dim lighting,and i concentrate on my third eye .

Just quiet . Look ,as if your eyes are open .

The stuff that comes to you when you do that,is very interesting.

And certain crystals enhance you're third eye sensitivity . I think these stones differ for some people,but mine are moldavite,pink ,yellow,blue and rubelite tourmaline,Angel stone,Fire opals ,and phenacite. Sleep with them as well .Dreams are interesting,but they must be stones that resonate for you .I Think moldavite works for eveeyone though .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

• 3 years later...

Hmmm,well ....I have to say,I never conciously learned to use it .It has gotten more intense,as I've gotten older though .

However,I find I have to tune stuff out .Lest I be overwhelmed,so I don't always pay attention .

When I want insight though,I turn everything off,and being in a room with as little technology as possible,helps .No electric at all,if possible,and I close my eyes in dark or dim lighting,and i concentrate on my third eye .

Just quiet . Look ,as if your eyes are open .

The stuff that comes to you when you do that,is very interesting.

And certain crystals enhance you're third eye sensitivity . I think these stones differ for some people,but mine are moldavite,pink ,yellow,blue and rubelite tourmaline,Angel stone,Fire opals ,and phenacite. Sleep with them as well .Dreams are interesting,but they must be stones that resonate for you .I Think moldavite works for eveeyone though .

This is what I experience. I thought it was Claircognisance. Some call it intuition, but I think intuition comes on gently, with thought, with analysis sometimes. The 'Download' that you speak of is the way I am psychic (one way. I also see downloaded pictures)

I work with other psychics. To me, Claircognizance is that instant knowing, a download, a thought not related to any other thoughts sequentially or through imagination, sequentially. Claircognisance DUMPS knowledge, out of nowhere. I don't know where it comes from, but it's been suggested that it comes from unearthly entities. Or the time/space warp. Who knows! Just that I have out of the blue said 'you're pregnant' or 'you'll be headhunted and be out of this job in a month' or 'your name is Alan' or 'you and your husband split temporarily but you're now together, but you like another guy'. Once I got a download that a family friend I hadn't thought of or had contact with for years was dying. At that very moment she was being rushed to hospital with a stone in her gallbladder.

I also unfortunately suss out people way too well.

It's claircognisance. What you experience is the real deal.

I would say definitely its some kind of Psychic talents you are possessing right now but we can't be very sure about the type based on the information you gave. May be if you practise more on this , you would be able to rectify the particular talent you are having . To know or understand this you can take help of expert Psychic Advisors .