Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Haunted Car

ghostexplorer

I have an interesting story for those who will take the time to read this post. I live in Halifax Nova Scotia and this town has plenty of stories to go round. My story starts off when my car broke down. I was on my way to work and the engine fried, knowing that I needed a car right away in order to get to work the following day, I immediately went searching for a replacement car. I thought to myself where can I get a cheap reliable car ASAP.

I remembered seeing a car parked on a lawn down the road from my friends house that had been sitting for a few years. I thought if I went down and asked him if he was interested in selling it he might. Any ways, a long story short, I ended up getting the car really cheep and it was in great condition considering it was 91 plymouth acclaim. So with my new found car, I was on the road again. Eventually things started going on the car, such as the electrical system (well I thought it to be) my radio would turn off and on or the speedometer would not work, little things along that line. I took it to a mechanic who could find nothing wrong with it. I started ignoring it and one day on the way home from my girlfriends house, I heard a weird noise in my back seat. It sounded like paper crumpling up, I looked back and nothing. I also look around at each window and there were none opened ( I though it might of been the wind) I then heard the same noise in between the two front seats. I looked down and nothing, very confused I started trying to figure it out. Now I was just coming to a top of a hill and in my left ear I heard my name whispered to me gently. I immediately froze and popped my car into neutral, so I could coast home (my house was at the bottom of the hill ) when I rolled into my drive way, I jumped from the car leaving the keys behind and crawled through a window to get into my house.

Now there were three incidents, that being first. The second incident accrued when I was driving my car to my friends to pick up an instrument . I seen another friend of mine walking along the side of the road, so I pulled over and asked if he needed a ride. They said "yes" jumped in and I continued along the way. I arrived at my friends whom I was getting the instrument from and the friend I picked up said they would wait in the car, as they didn't know my other friend that well. I went in the house and my friend started talking to me. I wasn't in there for more the a couple minutes when I heard the front door bust open and my friend who was waiting in the car, come running in yelling for me. Now, I was quite shocked as they didn't even know my friend and they busted in like they owned the place. They finally found me and I asked "what's wrong" they said they were in my car and they heard the sound of paper being crumpled up and then the same noise in the front and then the seat belt pulled tight and something grabbed their hair. I was absolutely shocked, as I told no one about my incident.

Now this proved there was something going on in that car and the final incident occurred when I arrived home one night. I plopped myself on the coach and turned on the TV. I suddenly felt as if something was watching me. I slowly turned around to see a tall man in a black suite with a large brimmed hat. Their face was smudged out with no facial features, though it felt like his eyes were peering in to my soul. I froze for about thirty seconds, which felt like forever and it slowly disappeared. I rose to my feet and said out loud "I don't want no trouble, i'm just going to bed" I was nearly scared to death. I suddenly seen the apparition appear at the base of my door way. As I froze it disappeared. Now the scary thing about this story is that I realized that there is an intelligence behind these sprits and the are conscious. O yah and I sold the car the next day, for a few hundred buck and never seen the spirit again.

I have had a few things happen to me in my life and so I'm starting up a show called "Beyond the Grave" check this link out for a teaser of a ghost house we investigated and pass it along. This story may sound crazy but I assure you it's true and that car is out there some where right now.

Thanks

[media=]

[/media]

post-131913-0-88119700-1343968324_thumb.

This post completely confuses me.

First it's mechanical problems, then it's paranormal and finally "btw here's my video i am making"/

Your old car broke down and you needed to buy a new one that very day in order to get to work the next day?

So you bought an old car that had been parked on someone's lawn for years and presumedly, because you already said you needed a car before the next day's commute to work, bought it that very day.

You determined it was in good condition and bought it on the same day the old car broke down, then it started to act up in various ways that had nothing to do with the fact that you made an impulse purchase of an old car that was parked on someone's lawn for years...

And after several incidences, one of which apparently involved the car trying to strangle a friend of yours with the seatbelt, you sold this haunted and dangerous car to someone else for the sake of getting a few hundred buck out of it?

It's odd things like this that make me very wary of the accuracy of some ghost stories.

• Like 3

If there's anything interesting about this story, it's that is hasn't been spammed across multiple forums like a lot of the crap you find online. A quick Google check doesn't reveal the OP or his post anywhere else.

It still reads like obvious spam though.

It'll be interesting to see if the OP posters comes back at all.

You couldn't get a rental car, you couldn't take your old car to the mechanic, and you couldn't ask a friend for a ride? The ONLY solution was immediately buying a new car? Really?

And then you hear a rustling sound from a car that had been left out for years, and instead of "mechanical problem from not being serviced in forever" it's automatically ghosts?

Also, the seatbelt suddenly tightening on your friend? I know that in some cars, if you slam on the breaks too quickly, or suddenly lean forward, the seatbelt locks and holds you tight in case you're about to wreck. Maybe something similar happened and it just startled your friend?

The spirit ghostie thing showing up in your house sounds like a "story wasn't scary enough, let's tack something else on!" sort of deal. I can't really see how it's related to the rest of the story, which is kind of disjointed and crazy anyway. If I'm not mistaken, I'd say you're just trying to plug your new video series you're making.

• Like 1

You couldn't get a rental car, you couldn't take your old car to the mechanic, and you couldn't ask a friend for a ride? The ONLY solution was immediately buying a new car? Really?

And then you hear a rustling sound from a car that had been left out for years, and instead of "mechanical problem from not being serviced in forever" it's automatically ghosts?

Also, the seatbelt suddenly tightening on your friend? I know that in some cars, if you slam on the breaks too quickly, or suddenly lean forward, the seatbelt locks and holds you tight in case you're about to wreck. Maybe something similar happened and it just startled your friend?

The spirit ghostie thing showing up in your house sounds like a "story wasn't scary enough, let's tack something else on!" sort of deal. I can't really see how it's related to the rest of the story, which is kind of disjointed and crazy anyway. If I'm not mistaken, I'd say you're just trying to plug your new video series you're making.

LMAO heroic post, the part that tickled me was

"mechanical problem from not being serviced in forever"

:tu:

Thanks,

• Like 1

I got haunted car also! 1986 model. I got it the very day my friend told he has it for sale even though I already had two cars. Sometimes when you try to plug your seatbelt it is stuck. I bet a ghost is holding it. Also (I swear I am not kidding) every Sunday the it wont start. You need to charge it for 20 or so minutes and it starts like new. Before it the starter doesn't even tick! And my gf can swear that is true. I bet the ghost fully manifests every Sunday for some reason draining the battery. But the weird thing is that usually you need way more than a hour to recharge car batteries.

But there is also a blessing. Every yearly inspection it clears flawless or only with a minor flaw what astounds me. It is a junk after all and still I continue to use it. IF I remember to recharge the battery every Sunday that is.

But in OP's post there is something strange. He needed a reliable car ASAP and thought that a reliable car would be a junk that's been on somebody's lawn for years. And it's -91 model. I cannot see how a car with that past can be realiable at all. I wouldn't buy a "reliable" car like that :)

And mechanics don't always know everything. I have had cars I had to show for a couple of different mechanics to find the problem. And sometimes with some cars the problem is never found. Especially problems with electricity are hard to find as all the stuff is tucked inside everywhere and they are old + all the mods from every radio and speaker sets and "little fixes" with bubblegum.

The third with apparation. Meh.

Anyways instead of selling an authentic haunted car for a couple of hundred bucks you could have made a fortune with it! You don't see many haunted cars do you?

I can relate to this as I have a haunted car as well, a 1990 model. The "haunter" is a little old lady who was a previous owner. (I learned this from automatic writing). Obviously she loves the car and does not want to part with it. The odd thing is she seems to resent my efforts to fix it up. I had it painted and a bubble formed and it chipped. I had a new windshield installed and did not make it out of the city limits before a small bus sped by and a flying rock broke the brand new windshield. The chip was fixed, then shortly after it was hit again. (another patch). Long story short, it has been one thing after another. I tried encouraging her to leave and go to the next level of her life. She left for awhile, but unfortunately she's back and the car now sits in the yard not running. It just quit. The entity seems harmless enough - she just doesn't want anyone driving her car.

Edited by Time Traveler
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing. Now, the car that ArchDuke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his wife were riding in when they were shot, was said to be haunted.That was after both were assainated. I'm sure there is something about it on the web. There is also the story of the Great Eastern ship being haunted, of course the Fling Dutchman, and even an old german u-boat. Are such things possible yes. Maybe i missed something.i thought the poster had bought the car to fix it up. I have a friend whose uncle bought an old 1950's Chevy he restored, but Paul,David's uncle hasn't had anything weird happen with it.